Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Formula
DancingQueen 06:24 AM 10-19-2010
Do you prepare formula bottles or insist they come premade?
MarinaVanessa 07:08 AM 10-19-2010
I prepare here. Parents are required to bring me a can of formula and leave it here and I provide the bottles (unless they have special bottles they want me to use).
melskids 07:10 AM 10-19-2010
either way for me is fine...
QualiTcare 07:13 AM 10-19-2010
i'd rather do it myself. i think it depends on how many kids you have though. my kids went to a large center and i didn't mind making the bottles, but it annoyed me to no end when i'd pick up and the lids and/or nipples were never anywhere to be found. i didn't care about lids at home, but if they wanted me to bring 3 fully prepared bottles each day - i didn't want formula leaking out all over my purse!

i'd just have infant parents leave a bottle and formula here and same thing with clothes actually. they have to be changed so much, i preferred just having them bring everything they needed and leave it here for me to wash and reuse.
Crystal 07:29 AM 10-19-2010
I do it myself. I prefer to use room temp water from bottled water so there is no heating. If the parent brings it pre-made, then it has to be refrigerated and then heated.
momma2girls 07:38 AM 10-19-2010
Originally Posted by Crystal:
I do it myself. I prefer to use room temp water from bottled water so there is no heating. If the parent brings it pre-made, then it has to be refrigerated and then heated.
I totally agree!!
DCMom 07:40 AM 10-19-2010
I do it myself. When an infant starts they supply formula and two bottles for me to have here. Like Crystal, I prefer to prepare it fresh than have to re-heat premade.
Unregistered 07:40 AM 10-19-2010
I have families bring me a can of powder formula and 2 to 3 bottles to stay at my house and I prepare and wash all the bottles and I just let the parents know when the formula gets low this way I have more formula if the child needs it.
daysofelijah 07:55 AM 10-19-2010
The food program says you have to make it yourself so they can be sure the formula is not watered down.
DCMomOf3 11:48 AM 10-19-2010
I have the families bring the can and I make the bottles myself.
momofsix 07:01 PM 10-19-2010
Originally Posted by Quincy:
I have the families bring the can and I make the bottles myself.
Same with me!
Live and Learn 07:18 PM 10-19-2010
I only have one on a bottle right now and mom brings them prepared daily.
I do keep one extra bottle and a few days of formula here though. The momma supplied these at my request...... I have done bottles either way ...Whatever.
Tags:bottle, formula
Reply Up