Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Embarrassing?
katie 06:37 PM 11-12-2010
What is the most embarassing/funny thing that has happened to you while doing dc? Just thought a laugh would be good! TGIF!!!
melskids 04:30 AM 11-13-2010
last winter we had about 5 feet of snow that had accumulated. by that point, the only place we could play outside was in the driveway. well, a two year old decided to walk across the front yard (he was light enough to have the snow hold him up). and as any two year old would, he REFUSED to come back on his own. so i very carefully set out to retrieve him. lets just say im not as light as a two year old and i only made it halfway before i fell through. i was up to my chest in snow, and couldnt get out. just then, two other kids dad's pulled in and saw the whole thing. it wouldnt have been so bad if it was two moms, but i was pretty embarassed that my big butt was stuck in the snow in front of men!!!!
nikia 07:35 AM 11-13-2010
This just happened to me yesterday. Dcm calls and tells me dcb has walking pneumonia wont be in daycare for a week. I then text my hubby who is working out of state and say the following " dcb has walking pneumonia , poor little guy. Good news for me no 5 am wake up call"

Hit send and then look at the name its not my hubby its the dcm Then Im yelling at my phone saying no no come back. 4 yr old dcg looks at me and says ummmm are you okay lol. So humilated.
QualiTcare 08:43 AM 11-13-2010
Originally Posted by nikia:
This just happened to me yesterday. Dcm calls and tells me dcb has walking pneumonia wont be in daycare for a week. I then text my hubby who is working out of state and say the following " dcb has walking pneumonia , poor little guy. Good news for me no 5 am wake up call"

Hit send and then look at the name its not my hubby its the dcm Then Im yelling at my phone saying no no come back. 4 yr old dcg looks at me and says ummmm are you okay lol. So humilated.
omg that's awful - but at least you put the "poor little guy" part in there. otherwise, you'd look evil!
jenh171 06:11 PM 11-13-2010
aaaw, nikia...I can totally imagine how that would feel!!! I really hope the parent had a sense of humor about it!
juliebug 06:23 PM 11-13-2010
the day i was sitting at the kitchen table with ice on my nose and they kids running around crazy in the toy room. i just broke my nose and put ice on it and yelled at my hubby to come help! and a parent walked in! ahh

luckly they totally understood.
jenh171 06:26 PM 11-13-2010
I really was moritified the day I completely overslept. I had a mom knock at my door (my first morning drop off) and I literally had to walk to answer the door STRAIGHT from waking up. I was SO embarrassed!
sahm1225 06:32 PM 11-13-2010
A parent walked in right as I was bending down to pick up a toy and my 3yr son ran straight right into my butt.. He tipped over, gets up and says 'mommy your bum is too big, it knocked me over'.
nikia 10:38 AM 11-14-2010
Originally Posted by jenh171:
aaaw, nikia...I can totally imagine how that would feel!!! I really hope the parent had a sense of humor about it!
Yes thankfully she thought it was funny, they also know that I do love their children and do feel bad that they are sick
Tags:embarrassing, funny
Reply Up