Daycare.com Forum Daycare Management Software

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 09-06-2017, 08:48 AM
daycare's Avatar
daycare daycare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 16,021
Default Texas...

To all of you in Texas, just wanted to send some love and hope. I just can't stop thinking about all the devastation in our nation right now.

From the fires in Oregon to the floods in Texas, DACA, global issues and so the list can go on, I woke up with a broken heart and fear. I have not felt this way since I was a child.

Hope that everyone is in a good place today or with good people around you, no matter where you live!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 09-06-2017, 09:29 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19,605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycare View Post
To all of you in Texas, just wanted to send some love and hope. I just can't stop thinking about all the devastation in our nation right now.

From the fires in Oregon to the floods in Texas, DACA, global issues and so the list can go on, I woke up with a broken heart and fear. I have not felt this way since I was a child.

Hope that everyone is in a good place today or with good people around you, no matter where you live!
Hoping Irma isn't as devastating as Harvey has been.

and to all!
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 09-06-2017, 09:37 AM
daycare's Avatar
daycare daycare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 16,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackcat31 View Post
Hoping Irma isn't as devastating as Harvey has been.

and to all!
me too. I watched a video this morning of some very kind people helping a disabled citizen from his two story home and I just broke down crying to see the unity, but more the devastation others are facing. Made me realize that my complaints really are just that.

I have not been following the information on Irma, but I did hear that it is expected to be bigger than Harvery? Is that true?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 09-06-2017, 10:03 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19,605
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycare View Post
me too. I watched a video this morning of some very kind people helping a disabled citizen from his two story home and I just broke down crying to see the unity, but more the devastation others are facing. Made me realize that my complaints really are just that.

I have not been following the information on Irma, but I did hear that it is expected to be bigger than Harvery? Is that true?
The meteorologist on Good Morning America said Irma was so big in some areas (like Turks and Caicos) that it can't even be measured so...yeah, I think it is MUCH bigger than Harvey... This link says biggest Atlantic storm EVER http://news.sky.com/story/hurricane-...-down-11020602

Praying for the folks in the Caribbean islands that are in the direct path of this as well as those it may affect in Florida.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 09-06-2017, 10:49 AM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 10,823
Default

Praying for the safety and health of everyone that has been through Harvey and the ones that are now facing Irma. Hard grappling with all of this and most of us live miles and miles away; all we're seeing is what's in the news. I cannot imagine what it must be like to be in the center of it all.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 09-06-2017, 06:28 PM
daycare's Avatar
daycare daycare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 16,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josiegirl View Post
Praying for the safety and health of everyone that has been through Harvey and the ones that are now facing Irma. Hard grappling with all of this and most of us live miles and miles away; all we're seeing is what's in the news. I cannot imagine what it must be like to be in the center of it all.
I feel the same way. I woke up feeling so horribly sad for all of these people that I don't even know, but feel so much for.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 09-08-2017, 12:43 PM
Mom2Two's Avatar
Mom2Two Mom2Two is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Location: U. S. A.
Posts: 1,851
Default

The meteorologist on weather.com said that he tries to not over-hype storms, and then he went on to say how terrible this was going to be to Florida. Yikes!

I feel so bad for those small islands. They say that Barbuda is not even habitable anymore--almost everyone is homeless.

And two more storms coming behind Irma!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 09-09-2017, 08:23 AM
daycare's Avatar
daycare daycare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 16,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2Two View Post
The meteorologist on weather.com said that he tries to not over-hype storms, and then he went on to say how terrible this was going to be to Florida. Yikes!

I feel so bad for those small islands. They say that Barbuda is not even habitable anymore--almost everyone is homeless.

And two more storms coming behind Irma!
Wow! I have a dcf that is flying to Florida this weekend. I wonder if they make it there due to cancelled flights.

��
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 09-10-2017, 08:48 AM
LysesKids's Avatar
LysesKids LysesKids is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 2,844
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycare View Post
Wow! I have a dcf that is flying to Florida this weekend. I wonder if they make it there due to cancelled flights.

��
My DD and her family were under mandatory evacuation 2 days ago (4 grandkids); they are staying with hubbies parents because that house is bigger. They made it to SC first night, MD yesterday. Still worried about younger dd as she is stationed in GA
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 09-10-2017, 10:15 AM
daycare's Avatar
daycare daycare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 16,021
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LysesKids View Post
My DD and her family were under mandatory evacuation 2 days ago (4 grandkids); they are staying with hubbies parents because that house is bigger. They made it to SC first night, MD yesterday. Still worried about younger dd as she is stationed in GA
Awee. I'm sorry. I hope you have heard from all of your family and they are all safe.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 09-11-2017, 03:01 AM
Josiegirl's Avatar
Josiegirl Josiegirl is online now
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Right here
Posts: 10,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LysesKids View Post
My DD and her family were under mandatory evacuation 2 days ago (4 grandkids); they are staying with hubbies parents because that house is bigger. They made it to SC first night, MD yesterday. Still worried about younger dd as she is stationed in GA
Keeping safe thoughts for your dd!! Glad to hear your other dd and her family evacuated alright.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 09-11-2017, 10:37 AM
daycarediva's Avatar
daycarediva daycarediva is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11,536
Default

Irma's downgraded to a tropical storm.

MUCH better than what was predicted!
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 09-11-2017, 05:48 PM
Mike's Avatar
Mike Mike is offline
starting daycare someday
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,518
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daycarediva View Post
Irma's downgraded to a tropical storm.

MUCH better than what was predicted!
That's good news.
__________________
Children are little angels, even when they are little devils.
They are also our future.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 09-11-2017, 10:13 PM
daycare's Avatar
daycare daycare is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Moderator
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Mars
Posts: 16,021
Default

Wow that is fantastic. I was to visit the Dutch islands of Saint Martin next month but doesn't look like I will be going, I guess Irma took most of it out. So so so sad.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
texas floods

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Homeowner's Insurance Texas Unregistered Daycare Insurance 5 04-08-2017 05:00 PM
North Texas Providers Logged Out Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 1 06-18-2014 01:10 PM
Texas Child Care Provider's deanaschildcare Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 4 03-06-2013 02:54 PM
Sale and Transfer In Texas !! sammehra172 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 3 02-28-2013 06:34 PM
"No Outside Food" Policy in Texas yukomka Parents and Guardians Forum 11 10-14-2008 11:22 PM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:43 PM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming