Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Steam Mop?
Provider_Manda 04:20 AM 03-31-2016
How many of you use a steam mop? I use to have one and just despised using it. But now I'm considering another one. Do you feel it cleans better? Between my own family, daycare and pets. Well let's just say my floors get terrible, real fast!!
Blackcat31 07:08 AM 03-31-2016
Originally Posted by Provider_Manda:
How many of you use a steam mop? I use to have one and just despised using it. But now I'm considering another one. Do you feel it cleans better? Between my own family, daycare and pets. Well let's just say my floors get terrible, real fast!!
Shark! http://www.sharkclean.com/floor-care/7/steam-pocket/

I love mine! They also have fantastic customer service.

A part of mine broke. Not a huge deal...it was the cap to the container you put the water in. I could still use it, just couldn't close it.

I e-mailed Shark asking if they sold replacement parts.

They sent me an whole new Shark steam mop.

......and included a coupon for 20% of my next Shark purchase.

I immediately went out and bought the Shark Rocket. http://www.sharkclean.com/products/2.../shark-rocket/

For me, product quality is HUGE but good customer service is priceless and something that definitely ensures my loyalty to a company.
Leigh 09:03 AM 03-31-2016
I've heard terrible things about steam mops, so when I bought my new Shark Rotator and it came with a FREE steam mop (from the Shark website), I just gave it to my sister without even opening it. She loves it, and now I regret not keeping it! She has a ceramic-look laminate floor and says it does a great job.
daycarediva 10:10 AM 03-31-2016
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Shark! http://www.sharkclean.com/floor-care/7/steam-pocket/

I love mine! They also have fantastic customer service.

A part of mine broke. Not a huge deal...it was the cap to the container you put the water in. I could still use it, just couldn't close it.

I e-mailed Shark asking if they sold replacement parts.

They sent me an whole new Shark steam mop.

......and included a coupon for 20% of my next Shark purchase.

I immediately went out and bought the Shark Rocket. http://www.sharkclean.com/products/2.../shark-rocket/

For me, product quality is HUGE but good customer service is priceless and something that definitely ensures my loyalty to a company.
I LOVE my shark and will NEVER own another mop. It uses no chemicals, it shines up my hardwoods, laminate and ceramic tile beautifully, and I can toss the mop head in the wash and reuse them.
Rockgirl 11:40 AM 03-31-2016
Does the steam mop get the dirt out of the textured areas of ceramic tile? Regular mopping doesn't work so well for that. I could get on my hands & knees and scrub it, but I don't wanna!
MyAngels 01:03 PM 03-31-2016
Another vote for Shark products. I have the "professional" model of the steam mop and I just bought a new vacuum from them that came with a nifty attachment for bare floors that includes a pad that dusts the floor while you vacuum.

I still clean my floors by hand once a week, but I really don't need to, the Shark products do a good job on their own.
NightOwl 01:46 PM 03-31-2016
Shark!
kidsandchicks 05:51 AM 04-01-2016
I use a Shark steam mop. It's a few years old so I don't remember the model, but it works really well. My only complaint is that it sometimes leaves streaks when the water dries. That could be because we have pretty hard water where I live and there is probably an easy way to resolve it, but as quickly as my floors get dirty, streaks don't bother me (and they aren't that noticeable anyway).
Febby 08:20 PM 04-01-2016
I loooooooooooove steam mops. I've never owned/used one that wasn't a Shark, so I can't really compare brands, but I've never had an issue with one!
jenboo 06:34 AM 07-22-2016
I love my bissell steam mop! If I mop my floor with a regular mop and then mop with the steam mop, it gets so much more dirt up! I absolutely love it!!

Question though, you guys use it on laminate? It hasn't caused issues? The laminate I have said to only use laminate cleaner...which means its never clean. I would love to use the steam mop on it.
Leigh 06:39 AM 07-22-2016
Originally Posted by jenboo:
I love my bissell steam mop! If I mop my floor with a regular mop and then mop with the steam mop, it gets so much more dirt up! I absolutely love it!!

Question though, you guys use it on laminate? It hasn't caused issues? The laminate I have said to only use laminate cleaner...which means its never clean. I would love to use the steam mop on it.
My sister uses hers on laminate, she has for about 2 years without problems.
jenboo 07:54 AM 07-22-2016
Originally Posted by Leigh:
My sister uses hers on laminate, she has for about 2 years without problems.
Sweet! I might try it then. The laminate just doesn't get clean with other approved mops
sharlan 07:56 AM 07-22-2016
Originally Posted by Rockgirl:
Does the steam mop get the dirt out of the textured areas of ceramic tile? Regular mopping doesn't work so well for that. I could get on my hands & knees and scrub it, but I don't wanna!
It doesn't really clean the grout very well.
kendallina 06:37 PM 07-22-2016
I use my bissel steam mop on my laminate floors and get constant streaks- it's super annoying. I do love the ease of a steam mop, but I feel like it never looks as good as it could. Do the Shark steam mops not leave streaks? Or does anyone know why I'm getting streaks??
jenboo 12:04 AM 07-23-2016
Originally Posted by kendallina:
I use my bissel steam mop on my laminate floors and get constant streaks- it's super annoying. I do love the ease of a steam mop, but I feel like it never looks as good as it could. Do the Shark steam mops not leave streaks? Or does anyone know why I'm getting streaks??
Oils from the floors or your feet can cause the streaks of they build up. I use my bissel in the kitchen and haven't noticed anything but I have white tile
Tags:cleaning, floors, mopping - how often, shark, steam
Reply Up