Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Christmas Party Day....
thetoddlerwhisper 08:48 AM 12-20-2013
....is the bane of my existence. i swear they know sugar is on the way. they barely ate lunch and are wired and even my good napper is having a hard time going to sleep.......... ive threatened to eat their cupcake and juice at this point
butterfly 08:58 AM 12-20-2013

Annalee 09:07 AM 12-20-2013
Originally Posted by athacker:
....is the bane of my existence. i swear they know sugar is on the way. they barely ate lunch and are wired and even my good napper is having a hard time going to sleep.......... ive threatened to eat their cupcake and juice at this point
I always have a pj's and pancakes breakfast for our Christmas party and I also do it around the second week of Dec. ( the 13th this year)....keeps the anxiety down a little by beginning early. Since the parents bring gifts for the "angel tree" family, I don't give my gift to the child tilll they are picked up on the party day. Works wonderfully! Then this week (the last week I am open til Jan 2nd) we just watch Christmas movies and are very laid back.
misslori50 09:27 AM 12-20-2013
We are doing ours today. We basically are just having fun. Playing games making gingerbread houses. I don't care if they are wild. Its fun and they are excited. We will open presents after nap and have pizza for lunch
thetoddlerwhisper 09:30 AM 12-20-2013
Originally Posted by misslori50:
We are doing ours today. We basically are just having fun. Playing games making gingerbread houses. I don't care if they are wild. Its fun and they are excited. We will open presents after nap and have pizza for lunch
we doing party food and presents after nap. last year it was before and it was awful. we did crafty stuff this morning and free play. i think im the one who makes it hectic cause im multitasking
MsLaura529 10:32 AM 12-20-2013
We did our crafts and games this morning, they decorated their cookies, but they don't eat them here (they take them home for their parents ) 1 girl came in today super whiney and has been crying at the drop of a hat. Another one came in super bossy and has been starting fights with everyone. My own DS has been a pill. One isn't napping right now, and instead yelling out every minute, just for the heck of it... I told them they all have to nap well today so that we can do presents after. We'll see how that goes.
melilley 10:42 AM 12-20-2013
My kids aren't any different than usual and ironically my "tornado" child is pretty calm today..weird. And they are all sleeping now.

We made Puppy Chow this morning, but they couldn't eat it until after nap when we have our party. We will also open presents then. I never let them eat any party food before nap...never!
Reply Up