Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Contract Changes-How Much Time Do You Give DCPs?
Josiegirl 01:18 PM 05-31-2014
I only get 5 paid holidays off per year, nothing else. Class I attended last week said we should charge per slot, 52 weeks a year, regardless of attendance. I'm definitely going to change my policies to state that. How much time should I allow before I implement new policies?
melonieb 03:11 PM 05-31-2014
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I only get 5 paid holidays off per year, nothing else. Class I attended last week said we should charge per slot, 52 weeks a year, regardless of attendance. I'm definitely going to change my policies to state that. How much time should I allow before I implement new policies?
I got screwed during Christmas break last year, so i started my 52 week charge January 1. I didnt give my parents much notice. I typed up up before January 1 and had them sign it January 2-3. No issues since
Annalee 04:03 PM 05-31-2014
Whatever you decide 2 wks, 4 wks, etc...just do so in a non-negotiable but professional way. You got this! Good luck!
rebekki78 10:55 AM 06-03-2014
I have it in my contract that if it is a new rule, it is effective immediately. if it is a change I allow 2 weeks before it comes into practice. But it is entirely up to you on this!
melilley 11:02 AM 06-03-2014
I give them 2 weeks notice.
NeedaVaca 11:31 AM 06-03-2014
Do you mean 52 weeks per year regardless of their attendance or are you adding in vacation time for yourself as well?

I do the 52 weeks per year, pd holidays, 2 weeks vacation and 3 personal/sick days. I love it and wouldn't do it any other way I have never had a parent complain!
TwinKristi 02:31 PM 06-03-2014
I gave families 6 days. I just emailed everyone today and it's effective Monday.
Josiegirl 02:38 PM 06-03-2014
Originally Posted by NeedaVaca:
Do you mean 52 weeks per year regardless of their attendance or are you adding in vacation time for yourself as well?

I do the 52 weeks per year, pd holidays, 2 weeks vacation and 3 personal/sick days. I love it and wouldn't do it any other way I have never had a parent complain!
Oh. Well how do I word that change if it's meant to include any time that I take off also?
TwinKristi 03:45 PM 06-03-2014
Oh. Well how do I word that change if it's meant to include any time that I take off also?
I would take 52wks a year as including all holidays and vacations.
NeedaVaca 04:16 PM 06-03-2014
Originally Posted by TwinKristi:
I would take 52wks a year as including all holidays and vacations.
Right but it doesn't sound like she took paid vacation before so if parents didn't pay her for that and also didn't pay when they are not attending then she needs to address both things.
NeedaVaca 04:21 PM 06-03-2014
I think it depends on how many weeks paid vacation you want. If you want 2 but want this to be effective in a couple of weeks I would consider prorating the vacation and only use 1 week between now and January. Then starting in January it will be 2 weeks for the whole year.
Josiegirl 02:31 AM 06-04-2014
Thanks! Good points

That's why this is my go-to forum.
Reply Up