Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Next!!!!
Meeko 05:40 PM 08-17-2017
I had two interviews set up for this evening. One at 6:30 and one at 7:30.

I was in the bathroom when I heard a knock on the door....at 6:10. Strike one.

She said "I know I'm early...that's just me. I'm often late too." Strike 2.

Then straight away continued to to tell me that her husband's ex would most likely try to kidnap the three year old girl (which she didn't bring with her after she said she would) as she's done it before even though it's not her kid. She would give me a copy of the restraining order. Strike three.

Then told me that her child was very stubborn, and would be in charge

The "interview" went on for a few more minutes...kinda like a Jerry Springer trailer.......

PASS!
Leigh 05:49 PM 08-17-2017
Originally Posted by Meeko:

Then straight away continued to to tell me that her husband's ex would most likely try to kidnap the three year old girl (which she didn't bring with her after she said she would) as she's done it before even though it's not her kid. She would give me a copy of the restraining order. Strike three.

The "interview" went on for a few more minutes...kinda like a Jerry Springer trailer.......

PASS!
I think we need to start recording interviews and phone calls so we can share the good ones here! LOL!
midaycare 06:08 PM 08-17-2017
You hit almost every crazy area possible with that one...
BumbleBee 08:08 PM 08-17-2017
Hey at least she showed the crazy right off the bat! Better then finding out 3 months down the road I guess.

Originally Posted by Leigh:
I think we need to start recording interviews and phone calls so we can share the good ones here! LOL!
Lol, yes we should! I had one tonight with a lady who was a fruitcake waiting to be baked. No thanks. I don't need more crazy in my life.
Josiegirl 01:55 AM 08-18-2017
I hope your 2nd interview was the complete opposite! Holy moley.
amberrose3dg 03:34 AM 08-18-2017
Oh my goodness. I had one last night for before school care. Did not bother to show. I'm telling you parents are the hardest part about this job!!
LysesKids 05:48 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by amberrose3dg:
Oh my goodness. I had one last night for before school care. Did not bother to show. I'm telling you parents are the hardest part about this job!!
That's when you start a list of No shows, so when she contacts you in a few months for care ( 'cuz they almost always do) you can say, sorry I don't offer 2nd interviews for no shows.

I have it in my policies that unless you have a really good excuse (like going into labor or were in an accident), I will not reschedule you if you no showed, no called the first time; I also don't contact them to find out what happened... it's not in my job description
Meeko 06:21 AM 08-18-2017
Second family were AWESOME! They start Monday! Glad my evening wasn't a complete waste!
Ariana 06:25 AM 08-18-2017

PASS!

It is always best to let them do ALL the talking!! They shoot themselves in the foot more often than not.
Cat Herder 06:53 AM 08-18-2017
Second family were AWESOME! They start Monday! Glad my evening wasn't a complete waste!
Glad to hear that at least.
Leigh 08:14 AM 08-18-2017
Originally Posted by LysesKids:
That's when you start a list of No shows, so when she contacts you in a few months for care ( 'cuz they almost always do) you can say, sorry I don't offer 2nd interviews for no shows.

I have it in my policies that unless you have a really good excuse (like going into labor or were in an accident), I will not reschedule you if you no showed, no called the first time; I also don't contact them to find out what happened... it's not in my job description
They do always call back! I had one that I had scheduled twice, and when she contacted me a few months later to schedule a 3rd time, I told her no because of her no shows previously. She went off on me about how she had NEVER contacted me before and she had NEVER had an interview set up and that she NEEDED me to watch her kid. I copy/pasted the messenger conversations that we had previously and sent that as my only response and never heard from her again!
CityGarden 08:18 AM 08-18-2017
Wow that is crazy!!!! Glad the 2nd interview went better.
KiddieCahoots 05:55 PM 08-18-2017
THIS is why experience should count in our records!!!

So glad to hear the second interview wasn't a bust
Josiegirl 01:49 AM 08-19-2017
YAY for you!!!
Mom2Two 10:05 PM 08-19-2017
She said "I know I'm early...that's just me. I'm often late too."
This cracked me up. I know if I had been listening to this I could have had "you are crazy, lady" written all over my face. lol
Second Home 06:51 AM 08-21-2017

Unregistered 01:26 PM 08-21-2017
Think that's bad, try having the same family again. Child pulled to go to another school then decided they wasn't happy there so they decided to come back to us. Little one kicked, hit & slapped for no reason plus spat at us like a camel. We didn't say a word.
Tags:interview - from hell
Reply Up