Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Picture Happy Parent
jdenise 09:04 AM 03-15-2018
anyone have any ideas to tell a parent who said her last daycare would send pictures throughout the day of her baby. we do this for the first 2 -3 days but after that we want the teachers focusing on watching babies not photographing kids and sending to the parents, i do not want to be rude but we have 7 other infants at times in the room nor do i want teachers on the web posting pictures. any thoughts on what we can tell her?
Ac114 09:07 AM 03-15-2018
We can send photos for the first few days so you can see he/she is adjusting well but we do not send photos on a regular basis as this takes time and attention away from actually caring for the children. I hope you understand! Thanks!
happymom 01:17 PM 03-15-2018
From a parent perspective it has been soooo much better for me to NOT be receiving pictures of my kids when I am at work.

My in-home daycare used to have an instagram page for the daycare kids. I checked it like 100x a day. My last daycare center had some employees who I became connected with on social media for various reasons and they would sometimes send me pics of my kids at daycare (very occasionally), and that was nice.

BUT NOW, I am not connected with anyone at the daycare on social media and never have received a text message from the daycare (everything is done by phone).

It's actually much better. It's hard to see that at first (as a parent). I really was bummed when we left the one daycare in favor of a daycare with no pics, but it was much better for me as an employee.
ColorfulSunburst 07:23 PM 03-15-2018
Originally Posted by jdenise:
anyone have any ideas to tell a parent who said her last daycare would send pictures throughout the day of her baby. we do this for the first 2 -3 days but after that we want the teachers focusing on watching babies not photographing kids and sending to the parents, i do not want to be rude but we have 7 other infants at times in the room nor do i want teachers on the web posting pictures. any thoughts on what we can tell her?
just tell them that you are not going to do it.
I always say to parents: If you hear nothing from me during a day it means that everything is OK. If I call or send an SMS it means that something is wrong.
daycarediva 10:14 AM 03-16-2018
I actually really like sharing pictures with parents, but if it's not something you offer, say so. Sorry dcm, that isn't a service we offer- that would require (phones out, time away from infant care, privacy issues, whatever).
Gemma 10:19 AM 03-16-2018
I send pics to parents every once in a while cause I like to share with them, but at the same time I don't want them to expect me to
knoxmomof2 11:34 PM 03-16-2018
I have a closed Facebook group for current daycare parents. I do a post every weekend of any pictures I may have taken that week. It ranges from 3-15, depending on how the week went and if I saw anything particularly share worthy and was able to get a picture in time.. Lol.

I've had one family ask for updates, I told them I would send something during the first week, if I had the time but they were welcome to send a text to check in during that first week because then it would remind me to update them.
lovemykidstoo 06:47 AM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by knoxmomof2:
I have a closed Facebook group for current daycare parents. I do a post every weekend of any pictures I may have taken that week. It ranges from 3-15, depending on how the week went and if I saw anything particularly share worthy and was able to get a picture in time.. Lol.

I've had one family ask for updates, I told them I would send something during the first week, if I had the time but they were welcome to send a text to check in during that first week because then it would remind me to update them.
This is what I do. Much easier.
flying_babyb 02:14 PM 03-17-2018
I'm a center teacher, but our director does the once a week post too. We teachers are responsible for getting her when we think somthings picture worthy! Which means shes in our room alot. We have 2s so we love messy art, messy sceine, anything messy!
ColorfulSunburst 03:46 PM 03-17-2018
Originally Posted by knoxmomof2:
I do the same but my Facebook page is not closed.
Tags:photos, sending photos to parents
Reply Up