Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Easter Eggs Dying
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 08:37 AM 03-28-2018
I use food coloring and vinegar to do our dye, but don't have a good system for dipping with the kids. Last year I tried to make my own dippers out of pipe cleaners, but they were too flimsy. Spoons just don't give an easy angle and we seem to drop more.

Any ideas on diy dippers or a system that works well?
Blackcat31 08:57 AM 03-28-2018

or

daycarediva 09:28 AM 03-28-2018
WHISK! Works great!

I make my own egg dye, and a HUGE batch and use deeper tupperware bowls. A few large whisks, and I can dye 2 dozen eggs at the same time.
storybookending 09:53 AM 03-28-2018
I have heard the whisk thing works. They actually sell a similar whisk like product specially made for Easter egg dying. I don’t know if they’ve been around awhile or if they are new but someone cashed in on the whisk hack.

https://m.partycity.com/whiskers-egg...pla%257CGoogle
TheMisplacedMidwestMom 10:15 AM 03-28-2018
Thank you! Between the whisks and pasta server I should have enough here for all the kids.
lovemykidstoo 02:13 PM 03-28-2018
Today I tried something new. I put each color into a 1 gallon freezer bag. Each child was able to shake and roll the egg inside the bag and it was perfect! No spills or splatters.
kendallina 06:01 PM 03-28-2018
A friend put dye on a tray shaving cream and the young ones rolled the egg in that. Turned out super cute and a great idea for littles! Not sure if other ingredients were involved but I'm sure you can look it up to be sure.
Tags:easter eggs
Reply Up