Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Center Hours/Rate
gumdrops 04:09 PM 04-19-2018
I'm in the process of possibly purchasing a local Daycare Center. Those of you who work in centers, how do you charge? By the hour, day or week? I would like to charge by the week, but then I think parents will think they can come and go any time we are open. I still want everyone to have their own set hours so we don't have to be fully staffed every hour we are open. How do you do this? Can you still contract hours? You know some will contract longer hours than they need so they have the option to run around after work then just pick up "early" most of the time. Do you set a maximum number of hours/family/day? I like BC's system of charging based on pick up time, but then we have to be fully staffed at 6 am. Unless I make a minimum rate for 7:30-4:30 and increase rates outside of these hours? Thoughts would be greatly appreciated!
hwichlaz 04:46 PM 04-19-2018
Here’s how the only center in my town does it, lol.
hwichlaz 04:47 PM 04-19-2018
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&p...YzljMThhYzhjYg
Unregistered 06:01 PM 04-19-2018
I have open and close hours but contract for hours individually with each family .
There is a base rate that covers the main hours of activities. That covers eight hours of care. There are add-on fees for each half hour before and after the eight hour base. This does not change week by week, there is a set weekly fee for each family .
So it's similar to the plan others here have, but allows for shortening the day on both ends. Most families have chosen as short a day as possible, for the financial benefit, and probably some because they like to spend time with their children.
It has shortened my work day, to a different extent each year. This year I am working an 8 - 1/2 hour day, though most years it has been 9 or 9 - 1/2.
This has been working for me for almost 25 years now.
Reply Up