Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>KidKare...Again! Really?????
MissAnn 10:41 AM 02-09-2017
I've about had it!

Getting texts from parents who have gotten about a dozen invoices sent to them all at once! I went to look at things on my end and a bunch of their old invoices I Sent are marked as unpaid. I'm not sure even what to do… If I try to fix things on my end it might mess everything up. Anyone else having problems?
AmyKidsCo 08:44 PM 02-15-2017
Are they no longer accepting support tickets? I cancelled my subscription 3 days ago then discovered that the new program I started using has NOTHING for recording expenses!

I wanted to contact KidKare to see if I could reopen my account but there's no place to submit a ticket.
MissAnn 07:02 AM 02-16-2017
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Are they no longer accepting support tickets? I cancelled my subscription 3 days ago then discovered that the new program I started using has NOTHING for recording expenses!

I wanted to contact KidKare to see if I could reopen my account but there's no place to submit a ticket.
I put one in and got a response yesterday. It took a long time! My issue was resolved....but man my parents are starting to get impatient with the invoices. Most have started giving me checks instead. I'll go check and see if they still do tickets......Yes...it's still there. Click on get help and then it's on the lower right side. Maybe it's because you don't have a subscription?????? Maybe give them a call?
AmyKidsCo 07:09 AM 02-16-2017
Must be because I cancelled my account. When I click Submit a Ticket Here I just see the How can We Help? and box below to search the database. No place to submit anything. I don't see any contact info either.

Maybe I'll try signing up again.
MissAnn 09:50 AM 02-16-2017
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Must be because I cancelled my account. When I click Submit a Ticket Here I just see the How can We Help? and box below to search the database. No place to submit anything. I don't see any contact info either.

Maybe I'll try signing up again.
It's GOT to get better!

I never heard back from a ticket asking about how they have the time/other/children not present. Not sure if that's the right wording. Anyway.....You have to put in the start and end date. SO! those things you do every day have to be entered in EVERY day! You can't say......(for weekly items)......1 hour per week X 50 hours open sanitizing toys. You have to enter it every ding dong week! Even Tom Copeland says you can do it this way as long as you document a few weeks worth of times. SO....I am not going to use that portion....I'm putting my time with children not present on a spreadsheet. Really wondering if anyone else dislikes this part???????
AmyKidsCo 11:56 AM 02-16-2017
What a PITB. I don't understand why they didn't just keep MMKPro's features but update them to work on all browsers.

I did find where to email them and asked if my account could be reinstated.
Renae82 06:56 AM 03-03-2017
I keep hearing about all these problems, I can't believe they launched the accounting portion without fixing all these bugs.

I decided that this year I'm keeping track on excel, even though I have a paid subscription to MM still. I will probably be finding another software to use
Lovisa 07:22 AM 03-03-2017
Originally Posted by Renae82:
I keep hearing about all these problems, I can't believe they launched the accounting portion without fixing all these bugs.

I decided that this year I'm keeping track on excel, even though I have a paid subscription to MM still. I will probably be finding another software to use
For me, the bugs are annoying, but because I'm not on the food program, KK just makes things take WAY longer than it needs to be! With MMK, I could just type in QUICKLY what times the kids were here, then click a tab and click boxes that said I gave them whatever meals. Easy. I HATE HATE HATE that I have to be specific on meals now. If I'm not on the food program, I shouldn't have to be specific on what I fed them in order to keep track of how many meals I serve.

KK is also confusing on putting in and out times. Ugh. Every single thing about this program is more confusing than it needs to be! Isn't the whole point to changing something is to make it easier/more streamlined?! And submitting a ticket saying everything sucks wouldn't be helpful lol. I tried to migrate over, but hated it. So I went back to MMK for the time being until they force me over. Once the force happens, I will have my husband create a complicated excel spreadsheet that keeps track of everything for me (luckily he is an excel master lol).

I'm bummed to say the least.
hwichlaz 08:13 AM 03-16-2017
I don't accept the e-pay anymore. It takes 4-5 days to hit my account. Even paypal is faster than that

I accept cash, check, and VENMO .

So I removed the parent's email addresses from kidkare. The invoices are for my eyes only.
Cat Herder 05:49 AM 03-17-2017
If we will be forced over in October, will we lose all of our accounting records for 2017? Will we have no way of adding Oct-Jan 1st to print out our end of year reports?

I am concerned about filing taxes next year and wasting a lot of time this year. I also am not seeing the accounting features I need available on any other program.

I don't WANT a parents app.
hwichlaz 08:09 AM 03-17-2017
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
If we will be forced over in October, will we lose all of our accounting records for 2017? Will we have no way of adding Oct-Jan 1st to print out our end of year reports?

I am concerned about filing taxes next year and wasting a lot of time this year. I also am not seeing the accounting features I need available on any other program.

I don't WANT a parents app.
We're not supposed to lose them, but I had to redo at least half of my 2016 when I moved over. It's recommended that you save all of those records from MMK by "printing to pdf" before making the switch.
Cat Herder 09:48 AM 03-17-2017
Originally Posted by hwichlaz:
We're not supposed to lose them, but I had to redo at least half of my 2016 when I moved over. It's recommended that you save all of those records from MMK by "printing to pdf" before making the switch.
Thank you. I did not know that.

But, I have no intention of making the switch. Ask netflix.

I want them to honor my product until I have completed 2017 year end statements. I purchased year 2017 in good faith, before the KidKare announcement and I want the product I paid for.

I need to continue Oct-Jan1st 2017, then they can fall off the planet as far as I am concerned. I will gladly pay for those extra months.
hwichlaz 10:06 AM 03-17-2017
You will be unable to make food program claims on MMK starting in October. There will be new meal pattern requirements at that point and they aren't updating MMK to meet those.
Cat Herder 10:10 AM 03-17-2017
I don't mean to sound so angry, but I AM angry, and a little scared. I have depended on this program for years and have promoted it LOUDLY all across my region. I don't have time or energy to learn new programs right now with constant QRIS demands. OK, so I am mostly scared.

I need the accounting, child info, meal counts and attendance functions, only. I am willing to pay the full price just to continue those. I am even willing to buy both programs should I reconsider the food program next year.

Right now, I could care less about the menu maker functions. Sure they were fun at first and made it easy to do a rotating menu, but so is Word. I use that function once a year, tops, planning for the year in advance at one sitting.

I don't even use certificates, activity planner, daily reports, resource center or chart maker any more.
Tags:class action, food program software, kid kare issues, kidkare
Reply Up