Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Disinfecting Fogger
Jo123ABC 12:14 AM 10-05-2020
Has anyone gotten their hands on a disinfecting fogger? The college in my community is getting a bunch of them and I've seen them for sale for a few thousand dollars. I heard that our local nursing home is trying to rent the ones they know the college is getting. We have a lot of active cases in my state and a spike in hospitalizations and death I'm wondering if there's any way providers can get ahold of one of these to help keep toys and equipment germ free. I'm about to do a lot of research on grant writing because I seriously need one in my life.
Blackcat31 07:17 AM 10-05-2020
Originally Posted by Jo123ABC:
Has anyone gotten their hands on a disinfecting fogger? The college in my community is getting a bunch of them and I've seen them for sale for a few thousand dollars. I heard that our local nursing home is trying to rent the ones they know the college is getting. We have a lot of active cases in my state and a spike in hospitalizations and death I'm wondering if there's any way providers can get ahold of one of these to help keep toys and equipment germ free. I'm about to do a lot of research on grant writing because I seriously need one in my life.
My DH and I are planning to get one like this:
It's less than $200

https://www.northerntool.com/shop/to...0635_200820635

Jo123ABC 09:43 AM 10-05-2020
Thanks for that link! That is much more reasonable! Do you know if you are just supposed to use a bleach solution in them?
Blackcat31 11:41 AM 10-05-2020
Thanks for that link! That is much more reasonable! Do you know if you are just supposed to use a bleach solution in them?
I am not sure... if you scroll to bottom of linked page it shows the disinfectant they use/sell for it
Snowmom 02:51 PM 10-05-2020
No bleach- you'll wreck your carpet and furniture.
Sanitizing tabs are what these usually use. Like Steramine tablets (Amazon).

Honestly, unless you purchase an electrostatic sprayer, then it's really no different than using a fine mist sprayer with sterilizing solution. The electrostatic sprayers are expensive. Usually $400+.
Jo123ABC 07:49 AM 10-06-2020
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
No bleach- you'll wreck your carpet and furniture.
Sanitizing tabs are what these usually use. Like Steramine tablets (Amazon).

Honestly, unless you purchase an electrostatic sprayer, then it's really no different than using a fine mist sprayer with sterilizing solution. The electrostatic sprayers are expensive. Usually $400+.
Yeah I wouldn't buy it if bleach is what is used that'd be terrible for your lungs too I'd imagine. I have a little guy with croup/reactive airways and my kids and husband have a family history of pulmonary hypertension. I would use vinegar if I could. I wonder if the solution that goes in these things safe for mouthing kids? It's probably too good to be true. It would b good for outdoor equipment probably though like my climber and swing set but so is a spray bottle of bleach solution and a garden hose. I'll have to check into the solution for them and the tabs you mentioned.
Cat Herder 04:40 AM 10-13-2020
I have one and I love it. I use anasphere plus liquid or QD64 when I can find it.
Tags:disinfectants
Reply Up