Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
First ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57  ... Last
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Venting Thread
284878 05:36 AM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by springvalley112:
Wonder if there giving you the run around about it because they either 1) didnt want to sell but posted anyway or 2) tried to scam youn the process

Yes I thought about that and a few other reasons. The posting came down later that evening, they didn't mark it sold they just remove the posting.
Former Teacher 06:57 AM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by 284878:
Yes I thought about that and a few other reasons. The posting came down later that evening, they didn't mark it sold they just remove the posting.
It does sound fishy BUT in their defense, I am an Admin to a several "garage sale" groups on FB. I have it in the rules that the Seller must actually delete (not mark the ad as sold and/or to comment further) their sold items. It clogs up the group and people don't read and will still ask endless questions. So it's best to just delete the ad.
Josiegirl 09:15 AM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by Former Teacher:
It does sound fishy BUT in their defense, I am an Admin to a several "garage sale" groups on FB. I have it in the rules that the Seller must actually delete (not mark the ad as sold and/or to comment further) their sold items. It clogs up the group and people don't read and will still ask endless questions. So it's best to just delete the ad.
I wish there was a way for admin to make people actually show up when they say they want stuff. I gave so much away, always advertising on CL or Freecycle, and had them confirm the day they'd pick it up. Then I'd leave it right outside. Hours later, there it still sat. That must've happened 6+ times. Course on the other side of the coin, there were several people who were truly thankful for what I gave them and really did show up.
Former Teacher 06:44 PM 10-22-2019
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
I wish there was a way for admin to make people actually show up when they say they want stuff. I gave so much away, always advertising on CL or Freecycle, and had them confirm the day they'd pick it up. Then I'd leave it right outside. Hours later, there it still sat. That must've happened 6+ times. Course on the other side of the coin, there were several people who were truly thankful for what I gave them and really did show up.
I am a tyrant when it comes to my FB groups lol.

If I get a report of a No-Show, and I get screenshots to prove that a transaction was indeed in place, I will remove them from ALL (there's several lol) the groups.

When I started my local food review group, several of those Members said...when do you have time?! I often wonder that myself
284878 06:26 AM 10-23-2019
Originally Posted by Former Teacher:
Yeah I know most groups still require delete versus clicking mark sold. Which I don't fully understand, because I believe when you click Mark sold it gets marked sold in all the groups you copied it to. Then the post gets a gray look and gets removed from the main thread. So why still require a delete vs clicking mark sold?

This is one of the main reasons I mainly use the Marketplace. That and the stupid rules the group owners have. Bumping rules, posting muplitple items in the same category together, no post links, max post per day, the best is the group owners that insist on approving all post. By the time they approve them it is already sold or given away.
Ms.Kay 10:34 AM 10-28-2019
So you kept your child home from school because of illness.....but by all means drop them at daycare....we all want to get sick!!!! Someone miss the common sense train.

Yes...you have to come pick them up.
CountryRoads 10:56 AM 10-28-2019
Originally Posted by Ms.Kay:
So you kept your child home from school because of illness.....but by all means drop them at daycare....we all want to get sick!!!! Someone miss the common sense train.

Some people

I once had a dcm tell me that she kept her high schooler home because "if she needs to be on medicine to feel good enough, then she doesn't need to be at school."

But, for some reason the same logic didn't apply to her daycare aged kids
DaveA 11:57 AM 10-28-2019

Originally Posted by CountryRoads:
Some people

I once had a dcm tell me that she kept her high schooler home because "if she needs to be on medicine to feel good enough, then she doesn't need to be at school."

Sounds about right. I had a DCM once ask me if I could pick up their child from Pre-K because school was calling DCM because DCK had severe diarrhea. She was stunned when I told her NO.
e.j. 08:46 PM 10-28-2019
Some people

The reason is she doesn't have to take a day off from work to stay home with a sick teenager but she does with a sick day care aged kid. That changes everything.
CountryRoads 02:12 PM 10-29-2019
i know I've vented about this before, but this time it is with a different parent.

Why are parents so afraid of making their children mad??

Dcg2 has a toy she is obsessed with. Mom left it at home and dcg starting whining for it at drop-off. Mom let her know that it was not in the bag, that it was at home. Dcg continued to whine, so dcm hands her the diaper bag and lets her take everything out to show her that it was not in there. What was the point?

The same thing happened at pick-up. Dcm let her take everything out AGAIN to show her that it was not in there.

What was so hard about saying. "Nope, not in there!. You can have it when we get home!"
Blackcat31 02:35 PM 10-29-2019
i know I've vented about this before, but this time it is with a different parent.

Why are parents so afraid of making their children mad??

Dcg2 has a toy she is obsessed with. Mom left it at home and dcg starting whining for it at drop-off. Mom let her know that it was not in the bag, that it was at home. Dcg continued to whine, so dcm hands her the diaper bag and lets her take everything out to show her that it was not in there. What was the point?

The same thing happened at pick-up. Dcm let her take everything out AGAIN to show her that it was not in there.

What was so hard about saying. "Nope, not in there!. You can have it when we get home!"
Some where along the way parents began equating crying to bad parenting.
If their kid cries, it means the kid doesn't like them and they are a bad parent.

I always tell my daycare parents that any parent that says no, AND enforces it is an excellent parent in my book.

Kids are suppose to cry.
Kids are suppose to test boundaries.
It's what they do.

What YOU (as a parent) does defines your level of "greatness" on the parenting scale.
CountryRoads 02:39 PM 10-29-2019
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Some where along the way parents began equating crying to bad parenting.
If their kid cries, it means the kid doesn't like them and they are a bad parent.

I always tell my daycare parents that any parent that says no, AND enforces it is an excellent parent in my book.

Kids are suppose to cry.
Kids are suppose to test boundaries.
It's what they do.

What YOU (as a parent) does defines your level of "greatness" on the parenting scale.
You're so right!

I have one dcb who will sometimes slap his mom in the face and call her names at pick-up, and she laughs.

Last week, a different dcb slapped his mom in the face. Instant "NO!" and firm swat on the butt. It was so refreshing to see!
BumbleBee 04:38 PM 10-29-2019
Dcb2 is driving me nuts.

Dcb: "I can do it!"

*attempts to do whatever it is*

"Hewp pees!"

*I attempt to help him*

"NOOOO!!! I CAN DO IT!"

*meltdown*

Repeat. All day long. The smallest bit of help is NOT acceptable. Not helping after he asks for help is NOT acceptable. Helping in any way is NOT acceptable.

I love that he wants to be independent, but heaven help me. My ears hurt.
Ac114 10:46 AM 10-30-2019
Woke up with a really bad headache but still decided to stay open. Started throwing up around 11 with diarrhea to start soon after. Texted all the parents that children will need picked up. Mom shows up at 1:10 and says sorry I’m a little late, had to stop at target to grab some Christmas items that are target exclusives.

I am so weak I couldn’t even muster up a “are you f***ing serious?” I just can’t deal with parents anymore.
e.j. 11:06 AM 10-30-2019
Originally Posted by Ac114:
Woke up with a really bad headache but still decided to stay open. Started throwing up around 11 with diarrhea to start soon after. Texted all the parents that children will need picked up. Mom shows up at 1:10 and says sorry I’m a little late, had to stop at target to grab some Christmas items that are target exclusives.

I am so weak I couldn’t even muster up a “are you f***ing serious?” I just can’t deal with parents anymore.
That is beyond self-centered and inconsiderate! I imagine the next text she receives from you will be her termination notice? I hope you feel better soon.
Annalee 11:19 AM 10-30-2019

So sorry! My own 16 year old woke up at 5:00 throwing up. He is trying to sip on gatorade but throws up with that. I am afraid he will be dehydrated by the time I close. May be making a run to the ER for fluids.
Josiegirl 11:57 AM 10-30-2019

OMG Unbelievable!! I'd be ranting and raving like a lunatic after hearing that!!
I hope you feel better soon.
LostMyMarbles 01:09 PM 10-30-2019
The only time my 10 mo old is happy is when he’s being held....or sleeping. (The second one is me tee hee hee)
284878 10:44 AM 10-31-2019
It's nap time here and they are all asleep. I am closing at 4 today and DCd keeps reminding me of his plan. Like it's his idea to pick up early. Haha.

DCM is contracted til 3 on Thursday, came in asking about DCB nap. She was planning on coming later today so DCB didn't have to be woke, um no. I been laying him down an hour early because of his visits with his bio dad are during nap time, I can lay him down at as early as I want but you need to be here on time either way.
LostMyMarbles 11:12 AM 10-31-2019
It's nap time here and they are all asleep. I am closing at 4 today and DCd keeps reminding me of his plan. Like it's his idea to pick up early. Haha.

DCM is contracted til 3 on Thursday, came in asking about DCB nap. She was planning on coming later today so DCB didn't have to be woke, um no. I been laying him down an hour early because of his visits with his bio dad are during nap time, I can lay him down at as early as I want but you need to be here on time either way.
Amen sister!!!
LostMyMarbles 11:13 AM 10-31-2019
Originally Posted by Josiegirl:
OMG Unbelievable!! I'd be ranting and raving like a lunatic after hearing that!!
I hope you feel better soon.
How are you feeling today?
Ms.Kay 05:29 AM 11-01-2019
When parents drop off their kids...and tell me they're "taking a me day".

That is all.
Ac114 06:23 AM 11-01-2019
Originally Posted by LostMyMarbles:
How are you feeling today?
I’m feeling much better today!!! Yesterday I still felt a little ick but not as bad as the day before. I’m just happy that it’s Friday! I have a mother son dance to attend with my 2 boys and then tomorrow is my birthday! We lots of festivities planned!
DaveA 04:02 AM 11-04-2019
I will reiterate my opposition to the whole time change thing. There is absolutely no reason I should wake up at 350 when I didn't need up till 5.
Blackcat31 07:52 AM 11-04-2019
Originally Posted by DaveA:
I will reiterate my opposition to the whole time change thing. There is absolutely no reason I should wake up at 350 when I didn't need up till 5.
Yes, why is it that you feel the loss of that hour when we spring forward but we never feel like we actually gained an hour when we fall back?

So not fair...

I was awake at regular body clock time and not actual time as well. Gonna be a looooooong day!

Hope yours goes swiftly!
Ariana 05:30 AM 11-05-2019

That is all.
There should be a flat rate of $200 for “me days”
Blackcat31 06:29 AM 11-05-2019
DCM says on her way out the door this morning "Oh hey I forgot to tell you our offices are closed on Monday (Veteran's Day) so the kids won't be here"

I say "Ok, thank you"

She says "If that changes I'll let you know."

I doubt their going to change Veteran's Day and open.

But yeah... I know what she really meant.
Cat Herder 06:59 AM 11-05-2019
But yeah... I know what she really meant.
Yep. "If they annoy me this weekend or I find something that sounds more fun, I will bring them early Monday."

My 1st drop-off has been becoming my last pick-up lately so Mom can go walking after work for some "quiet time". Kids' 10 hour days in daycare to Moms 8 at her desk +1 in the car alone, who really needs some quiet time?
Ms.Kay 07:11 AM 11-05-2019
Originally Posted by Cat Herder:
Yep. "If they annoy me this weekend or I find something that sounds more fun, I will bring them early Monday."

My 1st drop-off has been becoming my last pick-up lately so Mom can go walking after work for some "quiet time". Kids' 10 hour days in daycare to Moms 8 at her desk +1 in the car alone, who really needs some quiet time?
They'll be bringing them anyways.......they paid for it.... $ is worth more than time with their kids.
Blackcat31 07:39 AM 11-05-2019

This annoys me so so so much.

Parents look at me like I have two heads when I say something but I don't maybe it's a provider thing but it just annoys me. It's always the hardest/youngest child in care too.

Mine arrives on the dot (opening time) and right before closing time but then stands around and wants to chat BOTH times like she has nothing better to do.

I ignore but she just stands there. She's still fairly new so I am thinking this relationship will go so much better if she doesn't make me have to have "the talk" with her.
Blackcat31 07:40 AM 11-05-2019
They'll be bringing them anyways.......they paid for it.... $ is worth more than time with their kids.
Mine are "weird".... they rarely if ever, use the paid for it = gotta use it excuse.

It's usually a million other things though....
gumdrops 08:20 AM 11-05-2019
3 yr old has been home with Mom for 1 week and doesn't like vegetables anymore. Give her another week here and she'll remember that she likes them!
284878 10:27 AM 11-05-2019

That is all.
Or when they show up in the pajamas, with a cranky kid. And at pick up at 6 pm, say they only work 11-2.
Cat Herder 10:31 AM 11-05-2019
This annoys me so so so much.

Parents look at me like I have two heads when I say something but I don't maybe it's a provider thing but it just annoys me. It's always the hardest/youngest child in care too.

Mine arrives on the dot (opening time) and right before closing time but then stands around and wants to chat BOTH times like she has nothing better to do.

I ignore but she just stands there. She's still fairly new so I am thinking this relationship will go so much better if she doesn't make me have to have "the talk" with her.
Nailed it. Arrives at opening within the first two minutes. Picked up straight from work until the child began to walk/talk, now almost an hour later. Skips conferences but wants to talk about her child's development at pick-up on Fridays before the weekend. Luckily, the child is really easy going, grateful for anything I put in front of her, just behind a bit in self-help, problem-solving and verbal skills. I am working on it with her.

I seem to always have one. My last open-close kid (enrolled as 8-4) was so much worse so I am better off than before.
Ariana 11:50 AM 11-05-2019
I have a 17 month old in care from 7am to 5pm. Mom does not work. Kid is in bed at 6:30pm every night. Two weeks ago she had grandma pick up on Friday as she went away for the weekend with her hubby. They got back Sunday night and she told me “it was the first time we have been away since we became parents”....like she was mother of the year Do you think she kept her kid home on Monday to reconnect with her or because she missed her? Nope.
284878 11:53 AM 11-05-2019
DCB 6 after drop off, gets up on a stool, (that is always there) reaches up and proceeds to open a cupboard.
Me: thinking one thing but holding my tongue, ask DCB, What are you doing?
DCB: looking for cereal
He sees me get out the cereal every week, 1. it is not nor ever have been in that cupboard and 2. it has never been his job to get it out.
Me: dcb it is not polite to open up cupboards in other people's homes without permission.

Normal day, they arrive, I get out the cereal and pour it. DCB6 and DCG2.5 set the table. Then they eat. While I finish getting evverything else done.
Ariana 11:58 AM 11-05-2019
Another kid with delays. I am so sick of it! Having THE TALK over and over. She is 17 months old. This child cannot speak, does not babble, rolls around on the floor doing very odd things. Does not interact with other children and infrequently with me. Does not imitate or point to things or ask to get any needs met. It is obvious from her time here that she has been severely neglected. Left to her own devices while her narcissistic mother does other things. The dilemma now is do I say something or just work with her and mention it if she is still delayed at 2. She is with me for 10 hours a day so it is really my problem . The 12 month old from the amazing family I have just started and she is heads and tails above where this 17 month old is.

Apparently at home she says a bunch of words and can imitate all of the animal sounds
284878 12:25 PM 11-05-2019
Originally Posted by Ariana:
I have a 17 month old in care from 7am to 5pm. Mom does not work. Kid is in bed at 6:30pm every night. Two weeks ago she had grandma pick up on Friday as she went away for the weekend with her hubby. They got back Sunday night and she told me “it was the first time we have been away since we became parents”....like she was mother of the year Do you think she kept her kid home on Monday to reconnect with her or because she missed her? Nope.
My baby is 17 months old. I am home to tuck him and get him up every day. I may go to an appt or store without my kids but I see them every day.

DCM just got her long waited for foster boys in July. Got out of work early and to go home and shower then comes and picks up the boys. Comments that she is going to have girl time that night with a friend. That she is overdue. The boys spend time in respite once a month (stays with another foster family for the weekend), plus have had overnights at her mil and mom. And she is overdue for a night out.

I know fostering is hard, I did it as a stay at home mom of four foster kids and had to use respite every 2/3 months. Respite is hard on the kids, they are always so much better behaved when you do not send them away.

FYI - girl time to me means, spending time with just me and my dd, which I did that night. I poured so much love into my dd that night because we spent time together outside of the home.

rant over
springv 05:49 PM 11-05-2019
Another kid with delays. I am so sick of it! Having THE TALK over and over. She is 17 months old. This child cannot speak, does not babble, rolls around on the floor doing very odd things. Does not interact with other children and infrequently with me. Does not imitate or point to things or ask to get any needs met. It is obvious from her time here that she has been severely neglected. Left to her own devices while her narcissistic mother does other things. The dilemma now is do I say something or just work with her and mention it if she is still delayed at 2. She is with me for 10 hours a day so it is really my problem . The 12 month old from the amazing family I have just started and she is heads and tails above where this 17 month old is.

Apparently at home she says a bunch of words and can imitate all of the animal sounds
We have a sibling set that just started recently and one is delayed about a year according to parents, the oldest one has meds to take each morning and just Monday, she got in a fight on the bus and got suspended and the youngest is normal according to parents but here's the kicker, the middle and youngest child both wear leg braces and the parents want the middle in speech and occupational therapy and for them to come to us
Blackcat31 07:10 AM 11-07-2019
Monday is Veterans Day.

Looking forward to a mellow day as I have several parents off.
Including the mother of my absolute most difficult child.
Older sibling (Kindergarten) will be home as there is no school that day.

This morning at drop off one of the other parents mentioned their child will be home with them and not in care Monday.

DCM (of most difficult child) says as she head's out the door "DCB might still be here that day. He's so difficult sometimes so we'll let him decide if he wants to stay home or come to daycare. But he'll probably be here." then laughs...

He'll be staying home.
Annalee 08:09 AM 11-07-2019
Monday is Veterans Day.

Looking forward to a mellow day as I have several parents off.
Including the mother of my absolute most difficult child.
Older sibling (Kindergarten) will be home as there is no school that day.

This morning at drop off one of the other parents mentioned their child will be home with them and not in care Monday.

DCM (of most difficult child) says as she head's out the door "DCB might still be here that day. He's so difficult sometimes so we'll let him decide if he wants to stay home or come to daycare. But he'll probably be here." then laughs...

He'll be staying home.
I have a couple kids that if I was open Christmas day, they would be here
Cat Herder 08:52 AM 11-07-2019
I don't understand these men. I would lose all physical attraction for my husband if he turned out to be such a dependopotamus (barring paralysis/TBI). What do they get out of it? Why are they willing to pull all the weight and pay someone else to take care of their kids?
Ariana 10:26 AM 11-07-2019
I don't understand these men. I would lose all physical attraction for my husband if he turned out to be such a dependopotamus (barring paralysis/TBI). What do they get out of it? Why are they willing to pull all the weight and pay someone else to take care of their kids?
This is exactly what my husband said! Yesterday dad came to pickup and says to his kid “its just you and me tonight because mommy is getting a haircut.....what should we make for dinner”. So she didn’t work all day and then books a haircut for 5pm...so poor dad has to go home after a full day of work and make dinner etc. My husband was like “why is he tolerating this BS”
Ariana 10:32 AM 11-07-2019
First snow fall. Only ONE child brought proper waterproof mittens..........but they didn’t have thumbs. Kid is 20 months old
Jupadia 12:44 PM 11-07-2019
None of my kids brought snow stuff today, only one parent called to check if it would be alright to still send. I did tell her ok, dont worry about it today. Two of the kids are new (diffrent family's) but just started on Monday, so I reminded them of policy, and they will hopefully have stuff in the future or not be in care. The other kids parents said sorry and are bringing them tomorrow.

My kids have had their stuff ready to go since the start of October, so they went to school fully dressed.
Leigh 01:18 PM 11-07-2019
Originally Posted by Annalee:
I have a couple kids that if I was open Christmas day, they would be here
I have had one here for the last 4 Christmases (same kid), along with Thanksgiving, Independence Day and more. He wasn't here just for the day, either, but for 4-10 days. We love him very much, and he has lived with us more than he has with his family. My husband gets furious that they don't WANT him on holidays, but says that he is glad that the boy is here, where he is wanted and loved, so that he can have what he deserves. His family aren't bad people, they're just in a bad spot, taking care of a family member's kid (they were told it was temporary, and he's been with them from infancy to this year, which is 1st grade for him). Their bio kids want time alone with mom and dad, and they cater to that (after raising this boy from infancy, their bio kids still don't see him as family). We DO see him as family, though, so he is always welcome here.
Ac114 01:38 PM 11-07-2019
Originally Posted by Leigh:
I have had one here for the last 4 Christmases (same kid), along with Thanksgiving, Independence Day and more. He wasn't here just for the day, either, but for 4-10 days. We love him very much, and he has lived with us more than he has with his family. My husband gets furious that they don't WANT him on holidays, but says that he is glad that the boy is here, where he is wanted and loved, so that he can have what he deserves. His family aren't bad people, they're just in a bad spot, taking care of a family member's kid (they were told it was temporary, and he's been with them from infancy to this year, which is 1st grade for him). Their bio kids want time alone with mom and dad, and they cater to that (after raising this boy from infancy, their bio kids still don't see him as family). We DO see him as family, though, so he is always welcome here.
Just because they are taking care of a family members child still doesn’t excuse them not taking care of their biological child. That’s not ok and a sorry excuse for parents. 🤷🏼*♀️
e.j. 02:01 PM 11-07-2019
This has got to be one of the saddest things I've ever read. My heart goes out to this little boy. Thank goodness you and your family are there for him in a way his own family chooses not to be.
Leigh 08:12 PM 11-07-2019
Just because they are taking care of a family members child still doesn’t excuse them not taking care of their biological child. That’s not ok and a sorry excuse for parents. ����*♀️
I didn't write that very clearly. This boy IS the "extra" child. The boy that stays with us is the boy that was only supposed to be with the family for a short time. The couple caring for him has 2 older bio children, and the younger one, especially, is extremely jealous of him, and whines that he is the reason she doesn't have more time with mom, more material goods, etc. She didn't care for giving up her spot at the baby of the family, and she is quite vocal about it. The mother in this family loves him. Her husband does, too, but he never wanted to add this boy to his family permanently. They never could afford him, and they get NO help from the state for him, as they were forced to take permanent guardianship and the CPS case was closed (CPS told them it was time for guardianship and basically told them they took permanent responsibility for him or he would go to a foster home). I can understand their position, but I certainly don't agree with it. He knows that we love him, though, and he has often said that this is his OTHER home, and tells me that he is one of my kids. My son (only child) is 6 months older than this boy, and tells people that this kid is his brother (not only are they different races, but they could not be more different in looks, personality, and pretty much everything else!). They do love each other, though.
Leigh 08:16 PM 11-07-2019
Originally Posted by e.j.:
This has got to be one of the saddest things I've ever read. My heart goes out to this little boy. Thank goodness you and your family are there for him in a way his own family chooses not to be.
I'm sure it is sad to read! I am so used to it that I don't even think of it being sad anymore. I get angry about it. HOW could they let him spend all that time here? How could they not miss him? It is normal to him, though, thank God. I would hate for him to ever realize that it was THEIR choice for him to be here. He usually feels that it is his choice. There were times, though, a couple of years ago, when he would ask when his mom was coming to get him. I never knew what to say. We would go many days without even hearing from them. I bought him toys and a wardrobe to keep here because we never knew if he was spending the night or the month.
Ariana 05:27 AM 11-08-2019
Leigh thank God for people like you!! You have such a huge heart and this kid will grow to be a good person because of it I cannot imagine how this boy must feel being rejected from his own family. It kills me
Ariana 05:29 AM 11-08-2019
Text from DCM this morning “I didn’t feed her breakfast, she slept in”

Aaaand that is my problem because.....

e.j. 05:59 AM 11-08-2019
Text from DCM this morning “I didn’t feed her breakfast, she slept in”

Aaaand that is my problem because.....

"No worries. Give her breakfast and I'll see you when you get here." Gotta love it.
e.j. 06:04 AM 11-08-2019
There were times, though, a couple of years ago, when he would ask when his mom was coming to get him. I never knew what to say. We would go many days without even hearing from them.
And just when I thought it couldn't get any sadder... He's fortunate to have you in his life.
CountryRoads 07:00 AM 11-08-2019
Was looking forward to a slower day on Monday.

Dcm (who rarely brings her kids when she's not working and has my most challenging dck) told me that she may bring them on Monday so she can get stuff done around the house.

I wonder how the rest of us manage to do anything with kids around? I also have 2 of my own, plus watch several others during the week and I'm able to get my stuff done

ETA: I'm not upset about it at all! I just always have to roll my eyes when I hear parents complain that they can't get anything done when they have their kids.
Ariana 09:55 AM 11-08-2019
"No worries. Give her breakfast and I'll see you when you get here." Gotta love it.
She texted me after she left...like it was now my problem not my problem mom that you let your kid sleep in. Now you expect me to prepare breakfast for her when I have other kids to tend to with zero notice? Poor girl had to wait until snack at 9:30am
e.j. 10:31 AM 11-08-2019
She texted me after she left...like it was now my problem not my problem mom that you let your kid sleep in. Now you expect me to prepare breakfast for her when I have other kids to tend to with zero notice? Poor girl had to wait until snack at 9:30am
I've had to speak with a few parents lately about the need to feed their kids before coming here. I don't serve breakfast and we don't have morning snack until 9:30 so kids who haven't eaten get hungry and cranky. It was especially problematic when I was with the food program because I was supposed to stick with my meal times. Now I can adjust times a bit easier but when the other kids have eaten and aren't hungry, early snack throws the others off because they don't eat as much and then are hungry before lunch time.

I always tell my family, I'd love to be able to require parents to work in my day care for 2 weeks every year (without me helping) so they can see how things feel from the other side. I know as a dc parent, I had no clue how some of the things I did (showing up even a little late for drop offs, picking my ds up during nap time for dr. appointments) impacted my dc provider.
Ac114 10:59 AM 11-08-2019
I didn't write that very clearly. This boy IS the "extra" child. The boy that stays with us is the boy that was only supposed to be with the family for a short time. The couple caring for him has 2 older bio children, and the younger one, especially, is extremely jealous of him, and whines that he is the reason she doesn't have more time with mom, more material goods, etc. She didn't care for giving up her spot at the baby of the family, and she is quite vocal about it. The mother in this family loves him. Her husband does, too, but he never wanted to add this boy to his family permanently. They never could afford him, and they get NO help from the state for him, as they were forced to take permanent guardianship and the CPS case was closed (CPS told them it was time for guardianship and basically told them they took permanent responsibility for him or he would go to a foster home). I can understand their position, but I certainly don't agree with it. He knows that we love him, though, and he has often said that this is his OTHER home, and tells me that he is one of my kids. My son (only child) is 6 months older than this boy, and tells people that this kid is his brother (not only are they different races, but they could not be more different in looks, personality, and pretty much everything else!). They do love each other, though.

Ahhh ok this makes sense but still very very sad. I couldn’t fathom ever doing that to any of my nieces or nephews, beck even if a daycare parent came to me and just said we are no longer able to care for this said child, will you take care of them, I would. It’s not the child’s fault and that’s so heartless to treat them that way. They are very lucky to have you and they will appreciate you and be very thankful for these times as they get older and understand more. Thank you for caring for him.
Ms.Kay 06:02 AM 11-09-2019
2 kids .2.5 yrs here. Oldest didnt need pt or speech therapy anymore after 3mo of being here. The youngest last day was yesterday ....never even got a thank you.
Ariana 10:00 AM 11-09-2019
I've had to speak with a few parents lately about the need to feed their kids before coming here. I don't serve breakfast and we don't have morning snack until 9:30 so kids who haven't eaten get hungry and cranky. It was especially problematic when I was with the food program because I was supposed to stick with my meal times. Now I can adjust times a bit easier but when the other kids have eaten and aren't hungry, early snack throws the others off because they don't eat as much and then are hungry before lunch time.

I always tell my family, I'd love to be able to require parents to work in my day care for 2 weeks every year (without me helping) so they can see how things feel from the other side. I know as a dc parent, I had no clue how some of the things I did (showing up even a little late for drop offs, picking my ds up during nap time for dr. appointments) impacted my dc provider.
Exactly! I can accommodate with some notice, but telling me after kid gets here and giving me no time to prepare a breakfast before she arrives is not good.
Araem910 10:31 AM 11-12-2019
Recently took on a 5 year old and he seems very hyper, talks nonstop ( no, really, nonstop questions &#128563. His number one agenda is to do whatever it takes to get attention. My question is, is it worth it? Is it worth the stress? Maybe I’m just getting too old to do this anymore? My nerves are shot by the end of the day and I’m not upset with him, just exhausted. He doesn’t talk back and he’s not a threat to other children, just overly hyper and requires nonstop attention.
Blackcat31 11:14 AM 11-12-2019
Originally Posted by Araem910:
Recently took on a 5 year old and he seems very hyper, talks nonstop ( no, really, nonstop questions &#128563. His number one agenda is to do whatever it takes to get attention. My question is, is it worth it? Is it worth the stress? Maybe I’m just getting too old to do this anymore? My nerves are shot by the end of the day and I’m not upset with him, just exhausted. He doesn’t talk back and he’s not a threat to other children, just overly hyper and requires nonstop attention.
How much sleep and exercise does he get?

In my experience those kids that aren't provided the opportunity to exercise and/or sleep well are the ones that talk non-stop and cannot stop moving. They seem starved for adult attention too.

I don't care to have infants in care buuuuut I know the only way to having a good toddler and/or preschooler is to get them young. Taking on a 5 year old as a new DCK is so difficult as they've already got their own groove going on and as you are experiencing, it's not always a good one.
Ariana 04:03 PM 11-13-2019
I had a similar child and it was due to possible ADHD and anxiety. I found directing him to specific activities and having the day planned helped him a lot. I also made a picture schedule. So when he is annoying you just say “ok thank you, now go play with the X” or get him to clean something up and do little jobs. The kid I had LOVED being outside and loved shovelling, so we would go out every day and I gave him shovelling tasks in the winter and digging, planting tasks in the summer. He was like a border collie, he needed to work
Ac114 06:07 AM 11-14-2019
Definitely sounds like ADHD. My oldest has ADHD and over the years I have learned that giving him tasks help with the behavior. You could give him a job and reward him with a few minutes of conversation and then give him another job and so forth. I’ve also had to set boundaries with my son and say ok, I need quiet time to recharge so I need a break from all your questions right now. These children need to burn a lot more energy than a typical child so exercising him is also important. Something simple as a medicine ball that he can sit on and bounce will help redirect the extra energy.
Good luck!
Kimskiddos 09:01 AM 11-14-2019
I had a similar child and it was due to possible ADHD and anxiety. I found directing him to specific activities and having the day planned helped him a lot. I also made a picture schedule. So when he is annoying you just say “ok thank you, now go play with the X” or get him to clean something up and do little jobs. The kid I had LOVED being outside and loved shovelling, so we would go out every day and I gave him shovelling tasks in the winter and digging, planting tasks in the summer. He was like a border collie, he needed to work
I've also had a couple of similar kiddos , one ADHD and the other on the spectrum but high functioning. I used to have them run laps or do jumping jacks (Of course made a game of it all.) when they got crazy. It really helped a lot.
Ariana 06:00 AM 11-19-2019
DCD contacts me saying they are “having a rough start and will be late”. This is the guy that cannot make it here before 9:15-9:30am every morning. GET UP EARLIER! What is your kid doing for two hours in the morning while you are sleeping? Door is locked at 9:30 dad, so you better get your butt in gear. Good luck when baby #2 arrives

Hmmm wonder why she is delayed
Ms.Kay 05:48 AM 11-22-2019
Friday:
#1. DCD drops sib set...said he was way behind...no time to feed..already bloody screaming 5 mo. I have 4 kids breakfast and catch 3 different buses..at 3 different times. Yes Dad....your time is so much morw valuable than your providers.

#2 mom who wants her 2.5 yr old to go to bed at 730 everynight.....tells me that she called the pediatrician...and he said I have to nap her for 1 hr. Yes mom....did you tell the pediatrician she ends up in your bed every nite? Did you tell the pediatrician she has her ipad the moment she gets home? and no I love not having a 20 min break in my 11 hr day!

My wine is already breathing.......
Cat Herder 06:27 AM 11-22-2019
Friday:
#1. DCD drops sib set...said he was way behind...no time to feed..already bloody screaming 5 mo. I have 4 kids breakfast and catch 3 different buses..at 3 different times. Yes Dad....your time is so much morw valuable than your providers.

#2 mom who wants her 2.5 yr old to go to bed at 730 everynight.....tells me that she called the pediatrician...and he said I have to nap her for 1 hr. Yes mom....did you tell the pediatrician she ends up in your bed every nite? Did you tell the pediatrician she has her ipad the moment she gets home? and no I love not having a 20 min break in my 11 hr day!

My wine is already breathing.......
I am going to assume you told them both NO and to get their priorities straight.
Snowmom 10:19 AM 11-22-2019
A set of siblings put notice in Wednesday (expected w/3rd on the way) and another child today.

It's always the holidays.
Meadow 08:42 AM 11-25-2019
Dcm comes in with dcg 3 today and stays for an hour while she cries. I am relatively new to daycare and don't know how to manage these situations. This is the only dcm that actually comes in past the entryway at dropoff. After half an hour of trying to talk dcg down, she caves and says "lets call grandma and see if she can come get you". So, she puts the phone on speaker and calls, no answer, dcm tells dcg "oh shoot, you will have to stay here since grandma didn't answer" .... and hysterical crying for another half hour. Then proceeds to start a craft with her to make her calm down, at the table that I am trying to prepare breakfast on. This has put my whole schedule back an hour. I can handle a crying kid at dropoff, I cant handle a parent sticking around that long.

Ugh. Mondays.
Josiegirl 09:35 AM 11-25-2019
Originally Posted by Meadow:
Dcm comes in with dcg 3 today and stays for an hour while she cries. I am relatively new to daycare and don't know how to manage these situations. This is the only dcm that actually comes in past the entryway at dropoff. After half an hour of trying to talk dcg down, she caves and says "lets call grandma and see if she can come get you". So, she puts the phone on speaker and calls, no answer, dcm tells dcg "oh shoot, you will have to stay here since grandma didn't answer" .... and hysterical crying for another half hour. Then proceeds to start a craft with her to make her calm down, at the table that I am trying to prepare breakfast on. This has put my whole schedule back an hour. I can handle a crying kid at dropoff, I cant handle a parent sticking around that long.

Ugh. Mondays.
Oh my. I know you're new at this but that needs to stop. Yikes. Dcm is only making it worse by playing into it all and not giving you a chance to bond with dcg.
Ac114 11:30 AM 11-25-2019
Originally Posted by Meadow:

Ugh. Mondays.

Time for bye bye outside!
CountryRoads 06:17 AM 11-26-2019
Dck got new, very sparkly shoes.

I now have glitter all over my floor
Cat Herder 06:54 AM 11-26-2019
Dck got new, very sparkly shoes.

I now have glitter all over my floor
Just wait until one of the littles has it in their eyes. I banned those forever ago. I still get pushback from time to time, but holdfast. I don't miss those crocs with the plugin pegs, either. So fun fishing those out of toddlers mouths before they choke.
Ariana 07:11 AM 11-26-2019
Read on a moms page:
“What do you get your cleaner for Christmas”?
Answers ranged from $100 bonus to 2 months worth of work bonus, spa days, etc

“What do you get your daycare provider for Christmas”?
Answers ranged from nothing to homemade cookies, books for the daycare to gift cards.

Interesting
Blackcat31 07:14 AM 11-26-2019
Read on a moms page:

Answers ranged from nothing to homemade cookies, books for the daycare to gift cards.

Interesting
Well cleaners have a job to do and need to earn an income like every other worker where as daycare providers are sitting in their homes babysitting because they just love kids. Duh!
284878 05:13 AM 11-27-2019
Read on a moms page:

Interesting
Haha, two of my sister's are house cleaners and they do get more bonuses than I do.
Ariana 05:23 AM 11-27-2019
Well cleaners have a job to do and need to earn an income like every other worker where as daycare providers are sitting in their homes babysitting because they just love kids. Duh!
Of course!! Oh and don’t forget parents are directly impacted by a clean house but taking care of their kid? Who cares!
Ariana 05:24 AM 11-27-2019
Haha, two of my sister's are house cleaners and they do get more bonuses than I do.
Yes! And cleaners make $30 an hour here! I am clearly in the wrong profession
Ms.Kay 06:19 AM 11-27-2019
Of course!! Oh and don’t forget parents are directly impacted by a clean house but taking care of their kid? Who cares!
This is so true....!! What are they inconvenienced more...when the cleaner cancels...or their daycare provider........clearly its the cleaner!!
CountryRoads 07:42 AM 11-27-2019
Had a dcg2 randomly used the potty yesterday. She had wet pull-ups all day, this was the first time she used it here.

So, what does mom do? Sends her in underwear today

I told mom (again) that she was wet all day yesterday. She let me know she packed lots of pull-ups. I was worried telling mom she used the potty once would result in this
Msdunny 07:54 AM 11-27-2019
Mom of 4 month old comes in today - right before a 6 day break - and tell me she wants me to limit baby to 3 hours of naps per day. "So keep her up until 9 am, then only let her nap for 30 minutes and then wake her, then keep her up until 12:30 or so, then let her nap again."

Meanwhile, baby is screaming by 8:10 for sleep, and naps for an hour and 45 minutes.

All so mom can get her to sleep until 7 am every morning. At 4 months old.

I hate BabyWise.

NOT happening, mom, not happening.
Snowmom 08:11 AM 11-27-2019
Originally Posted by Msdunny:
Mom of 4 month old comes in today - right before a 6 day break - and tell me she wants me to limit baby to 3 hours of naps per day. "So keep her up until 9 am, then only let her nap for 30 minutes and then wake her, then keep her up until 12:30 or so, then let her nap again."

Meanwhile, baby is screaming by 8:10 for sleep, and naps for an hour and 45 minutes.

I hate BabyWise.

Wow.
What the heck is BabyWise and why is telling parents to sleep deprive their infants?
Ms.Kay 10:05 AM 11-27-2019

I hate BabyWise.

Ask for note from the doctor.
Ac114 10:59 AM 11-27-2019

I hate BabyWise.

I’ve only heard of babywise from this forum but it sounds like an awful concept. Infants make their own schedules, like it or not mom. And I will not do anything that causes more stress and loss of sanity on my watch.
Ariana 07:18 AM 11-29-2019
Kid got a fever in my care, called for pickup. Could not get a hold of dad, he is a douche and he knew his kid was sick. She is moody so I accepted her anyway. Got a hold of mom and then suddenly dad is in my driveway in less than 5 minutes if contacting mom. Dad came from his house, not work.

That evening kid went to hospital with a 40C fever (104F). Next day she went to grandmas house. She did not nap and went to bed last night at 9:30. This child is SICK. She needs her mom and dad, she needs structure and routine.

Dad comes in today, kid is screaming her head off. I ask what is going on, he says “oh she was at grandmas and had lots of chocolates and stayed up late and didn’t nap” so I tell him off and I let him know I will call if she does not settle down.

I kept her...why? Because I know she is better off here than anywhere else. I am the only one who can meet her needs . So many selfish adults. Not one person can put her needs first. Mom and dad can’t take a day off to take care of a child who was just at the hospital??? So depressing
littlefriends 12:17 PM 12-01-2019
Omfg how hard is it to get?! 100 or higher =I’m not letting your kid in the door! Dcm texts that kiddo is having trouble breathing (has happened before and is not a major problem) but then goes on to say he’s got a fever so she’s not sure if he’ll be here tomorrow. I text back he won’t be here tomorrow because he has a fever, duh! She says well he’s got the fever because he’s having trouble breathing not anything contagious. (What??)
e.j. 05:21 PM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by littlefriends:
Omfg how hard is it to get?! 100 or higher =I’m not letting your kid in the door! Dcm texts that kiddo is having trouble breathing (has happened before and is not a major problem) but then goes on to say he’s got a fever so she’s not sure if he’ll be here tomorrow. I text back he won’t be here tomorrow because he has a fever, duh! She says well he’s got the fever because he’s having trouble breathing not anything contagious. (What??)
Oh, my! Hopefully by "having trouble breathing" she means his nose is stuffed up and not that he's actually struggling to breathe and yes... a fever today means he won't be allowed in the door tomorrow. That poor kid!
Indoorvoice 07:46 AM 12-02-2019
They don't "not get it"...they simply are seeing if they can get away with it!
Ariana 02:50 PM 12-02-2019
Tell mom at pickup kid had a diarrhea poop and if she has another one she will be excluded. Mom texts me 5 min aftef leaving my house “she had stew last night, I think the stew makes her poops look like diarrhea”. Listen crazy it is not stew, it is diarrhea. How stupid do you think I am? So I tell her it is not stew. Then 30 minutes later she texts telling me it is because her molars are coming in and that is why. Ugh.

I can’t with this parent
BumbleBee 05:37 PM 12-02-2019
Ever since I mentioned I was considering changing my closing time to 5:30 instead of 6, THAT parent has been picking up at 5:45/6pm.

Pick up time before I mentioned the change? 5pm.
MomBoss 08:15 AM 12-06-2019
This is the second time someone has inquired about daycare, asked if we can meet ‘tomorrow’ and then not respond after i say “sure! What time works for you”.
Im confused.
Cat Herder 09:10 AM 12-06-2019
Originally Posted by MomBoss:
This is the second time someone has inquired about daycare, asked if we can meet ‘tomorrow’ and then not respond after i say “sure! What time works for you”.
Im confused.
It could be a paid membership site for parents searching for childcare verifying you are legit. Poorly.
MomBoss 09:20 AM 12-06-2019
It could be a paid membership site for parents searching for childcare verifying you are legit. Poorly.
No its through facebook. Im thinking other people responded to their post with lower prices so they just stop talking to me.
Cat Herder 09:25 AM 12-06-2019
No its through facebook. Im thinking other people responded to their post with lower prices so they just stop talking to me.
Got it. I stopped doing the facebook ads because it was usually other providers responding.
littlefriends 10:10 AM 12-06-2019
Had talk with dcm about not bringing kiddo (2 years old) inside with food anymore at drop off (They have option to eat bkfst at home or cereal and toast here if they’re here before 8). Had ANOTHER talk with her next day as she did it again. Sent home a reminder to everyone and still comes in this morning with a sausage link in her hand!! So I said “Oh no! Looks like we need to go back out to the car so we can finish eating that!” All nice and sweet. Mom says “ Oh, I don’t have time for that crap today, (kid) hurry up and stuff that in your mouth and chew, it’s just a little sausage.” So the kid does!!!
littlefriends 10:12 AM 12-06-2019
Im confused.
I’ve had this lately too
Snowmom 11:42 AM 12-06-2019
Had talk with dcm about not bringing kiddo (2 years old) inside with food anymore at drop off (They have option to eat bkfst at home or cereal and toast here if they’re here before 8). Had ANOTHER talk with her next day as she did it again. Sent home a reminder to everyone and still comes in this morning with a sausage link in her hand!! So I said “Oh no! Looks like we need to go back out to the car so we can finish eating that!” All nice and sweet. Mom says “ Oh, I don’t have time for that crap today, (kid) hurry up and stuff that in your mouth and chew, it’s just a little sausage.” So the kid does!!!
Oh hell no.
If my policies are "crap", then they can take their little entitled arse right back out the door.
Cat Herder 01:25 PM 12-06-2019
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
Oh hell no.
If my policies are "crap", then they can take their little entitled arse right back out the door.
Agree. It would have been ugly.
littlefriends 01:39 PM 12-06-2019
Originally Posted by Snowmom:
Oh hell no.
Her only saving grace is she put in her 2 weeks on Monday because “she can’t afford my prices” anymore. Don’t let the door hit you in the a$$, ugh.
Tags:social media, vent
First ... 5 45 53 54 55 56 57  ... Last
Reply Up