Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>New girl starts Monday!
SFMamaTeacherC 09:48 AM 01-30-2011
Hi All,
I finally filled one of my open spots with a girl 3 days/wk. The mom had asked about arriving about 15 earlier than my offical opening time, and I told her a couple of times "Sure, no problem", as I really wanted to fill the spot. She came on Friday and signed the contract and looked over the hanbook, etc. In the handbook, I have a part that talks about early/late pick ups/drop offs and state that there is a fee of $5 for each 15 minutes early or late. However, I didnt have a chance to bring that up while she was here. OPPS!
Now, I'm not sure if I should charge that or not, since the contract just states the daily rate but also says the must follow the hanbooks policies.
What do you think?
Bizzymom1111 10:18 AM 01-30-2011
Hi there! Congrats on filling your spot! I have 3 new kids starting tomorrow as well! What I would do in your situation, is let her bring the child the 15 mins. early, without charging her, but write up a new contract that states that you are willing to open early for this family, but the FIRST time they abuse that(like not coming early- totally rude IMO, bc you have to get up earlier, or showing up even earlier) you will not provide care until your regularly scheduled open time, or you will start charging her the $5/day-whichever works better for you. This way, she won't think that you're this lenient with all your policies and abuse those as well. People try to get away with soooooo much crap~personally I'm tired of people not respecting my policies so this year my resolution was to enforce my policy to a T!! No exceptions. It's hard getting to that point but if you just do it- they'll realize they will not be an exception. Good Luck!
momofboys 11:51 AM 01-30-2011
Originally Posted by SFMamaTeacherC:
Hi All,
I finally filled one of my open spots with a girl 3 days/wk. The mom had asked about arriving about 15 earlier than my offical opening time, and I told her a couple of times "Sure, no problem", as I really wanted to fill the spot. She came on Friday and signed the contract and looked over the hanbook, etc. In the handbook, I have a part that talks about early/late pick ups/drop offs and state that there is a fee of $5 for each 15 minutes early or late. However, I didnt have a chance to bring that up while she was here. OPPS!
Now, I'm not sure if I should charge that or not, since the contract just states the daily rate but also says the must follow the hanbooks policies.
What do you think?
I would kindly bring it up to her that while it is okay with proper notice given to bring the child earlier but an extra fee will be invovled. I know it is hard to enforce rules & I am sure you are glad to get a new client but don't be taken advantage of. Stick with the rules from the start. You can do it!
Stacy214 11:56 AM 01-30-2011
Originally Posted by janarae:
I would just kindly bring it up to here that it is okay with proper notice given to bring the chidl earlier but if so you must know in advance & an extra fee will be invovled. I know it is hard to enforce rule & I am sure you are glad to get a new client but don't be taken advantage of. Stick with the rules from the start. You can do it!

I agree! And Good Luck, hopefully she's a good fit
Reply Up