Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>A Little Rant
crazydaycarelady 07:34 PM 04-30-2014
I have a whiny fairly miserable 18mo. He has two older siblings that are constantly in his face and two parents that are relishing their "last baby," so he gets a lot of attention.

The last 2 days he has whined every time I walk away from him, even if my assistant is still there. I mentioned it to dcm and now she thinks someone must have "done something" to him. She kept asking him " did someone mess with you."

What. EV. ER.
midaycare 09:08 PM 04-30-2014
Uugh, sorry.
NoMoreJuice! 09:10 PM 04-30-2014
I hate it when they bait the kid like that. Makes you not even want to talk to the parent about anything.

Them: "How was my sweetie pie today?" You: "Awesome, best kid ever!" That's all they want to hear.
crazydaycarelady 07:04 AM 05-01-2014
Totally agree NoMoreJuice! That is what I usually do! When she walked in he was whining so I felt the need to explain. Duh! Tonight = "Best kid ever!" LOL
Blackcat31 07:13 AM 05-01-2014
Two can play that game...

At pick up, tell her he was so whiney today..."Did something happen at home? He is usually the best kid ever here" Than give your best concerned face

During drop offs, if he even makes a peep say "Oh, did something happen at home that made him upset (crabby, whiney, sad etc)" and again...look super concerned.

llpa 07:18 AM 05-01-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

At pick up, tell her he was so whiney today..."Did something happen at home? He is usually the best kid ever here" Than give your best concerned face

During drop offs, if he even makes a peep say "Oh, did something happen at home that made him upset (crabby, whiney, sad etc)" and again...look super concerned.

definitely!!
morgan24 07:21 AM 05-01-2014
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

I have done that before. They change their tune real quick. I say what do you think is going on and just stare at them. Then I finish up with if you really think something is going on why are you here? I haven't had anyone that ever answers. They usually leave...fast.
Reply Up