Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>On Lockdown Again
BumbleBee 08:16 AM 04-27-2015
This one stabbed his mother to death on Friday then fled. They found his car this morning just north of the town we're in. The search is on going.

Now for a whine: The lockdown started just as we were heading outside. My kids were devastated. Lots of tears and gnashing of teeth commenced upon having to turn around at the door and come back in.

They keep asking to go outside. I put a movie on for them but they're pretty upset/mad at the moment.

Oh Monday.
Magic 08:31 AM 04-27-2015
AGAIN ???

Pretty scarey ..........and of course the kids way to young for that
what did you end up telling them when you changed going out ?

hope they find him fast

Luvnmykidz 08:34 AM 04-27-2015
to you. Maybe you can do an indoor obstacle course for the kids. A jump rope to walk across, a few pillows to step over, a small table to crawl under, a chair to sit in and count to five, a few bubbles to blow at the end of the course. and tah-dah the kids have forgotten about going outside...well for the moment at least. Hope all goes well for you.
BumbleBee 09:34 AM 04-27-2015
I was as honest as I could be. I told them the police officers driving around were looking for a bad guy so we had to stay inside so the police officers could do their job.

We ended up getting the tunnel out and we had ourselves a little obstacle course (great minds think alike!)

They had lunch and are now laying down, not sleeping, very restless, but at least they're being quiet. They did start talking at lunch about how we go outside after nap to get the big kids (we walk to school and back to pick up the school agers). I didn't want to burst their bubble but at this point it's looking like I'll be driving the school agers home and no outside time for the rest of the day. Bleh.

I'm HOPING they catch this guy SOON because I have 5 boys in my house right now and they are climbing the walls.
BumbleBee 09:51 AM 04-27-2015
Originally Posted by Magic:
AGAIN ???

Pretty scarey ..........and of course the kids way to young for that
what did you end up telling them when you changed going out ?

hope they find him fast
I know right? Last time was fall of 2013. Some guy cut his parole tether, police tried to make contact, he fled. Broke into a house, stole some firearms and took off. US Marshal was here, police choppers, this place was wall to wall police it seemed like.

Lots of woods around here, many places to hide out for a good long while. Plus the unofficial title of 'crystal meth capital of the county' and it makes for good times.
Thriftylady 10:48 AM 04-27-2015
Makes me glad nothing "exciting" happens in my small town.
Reply Up