Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Mad at Myself ...Again
Magic 11:45 AM 09-04-2015
well once again I did it to myself
loyality means nothing
helping a family save money means nothing
after 3 years ......I let it happen again
have had this little one almost 3 years and have bent my rules to help out
have not bumped this child in the part time space to make 4 times the amount with a full time child
and to save 100 a month they are leaving after 3 years
wow
I could give you the details over the last 3 months of me helping many times ...( which just of course cost me ) but really that be a waste of my time
for the bottom line is
well we all know
thats all
permanentvacation 11:56 AM 09-04-2015
I'm sorry that they took advantage of your generosity.
Blackcat31 12:14 PM 09-04-2015
Originally Posted by Magic:
well once again I did it to myself
loyality means nothing
helping a family save money means nothing
after 3 years ......I let it happen again
have had this little one almost 3 years and have bent my rules to help out
have not bumped this child in the part time space to make 4 times the amount with a full time child
and to save 100 a month they are leaving after 3 years
wow
I could give you the details over the last 3 months of me helping many times ...( which just of course cost me ) but realy that be a waste of my time
for the bottom line is
well we all know
thats all
Don't beat yourself up about it.

Karma has a funny way of making sure we all get what we deserve.

When you are a genuinely nice person, it's hard not to be kind to others and put them before yourself. I'm sure we (all providers) have done it; some more than others and still gotten burned by our good intentions. Myself included.

At the end of the day though, you can still look at yourself in the mirror and smile because even though it wasn't reciprocal your actions were still done with the intention of simply being nice.

If being too nice is the worst thing you have going on....it'll be okay.
Just learn from it and move on....

Smile, hold your head up high and KNOW you are kind, thoughtful and caring. If the DCF can't say the same, its nothing to do with you.
BabyMonkeys 12:39 PM 09-04-2015
Maybe they thought since you were willing to let them take advantage of you so many other times you would be willing to lower their rate to match the new daycare? Give an inch...
Laurel 01:07 PM 09-04-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

When you are a genuinely nice person, it's hard not to be kind to others and put them before yourself. I'm sure we (all providers) have done it; some more than others and still gotten burned by our good intentions. Myself included.

At the end of the day though, you can still look at yourself in the mirror and smile because even though it wasn't reciprocal your actions were still done with the intention of simply being nice.

Smile, hold your head up high and KNOW you are kind, thoughtful and caring. If the DCF can't say the same, its nothing to do with you.
Totally agree.

Been there done that.

Laurel
Magic 01:11 PM 09-04-2015
Oh it is not the first time ...nor the last time I am sure
in both buss and personal
if I truely added the loss amount of money over being nice in both areas of my life ...my house would be paid for
but
yes I can look at myself in the mirror and feel good about myself
for others see that too

and there is no more inches to give ...
I have given much and even a bnreak of this month ( schedual change with no notice after 3 months of knowing what it is in Sept )
so they got a 100 break and well I lost about 600 as a result plus
Gemma 05:49 PM 09-04-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:

nicely said!
Josiegirl 03:30 AM 09-05-2015
Being nice is rarely a bad thing but there are those who take advantage and that's the sad thing.
If every person were more like you, the world would be a wonderful place. Corny but true. Unfortunately the majority of the human race is out for themselves.
Please be kind to yourself as you're being kind to others.
midaycare 06:50 AM 09-05-2015
BC well said. OP, please don't be upset with yourself about being kind and gracious. The things you did were wonderful and kindness is never wasted.
Tags:taken advantage
Reply Up