Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Who Wants To Be Involved In Software Trials?
Sandbox 11:58 AM 12-29-2010
Hi all,

Our company is developing daycare management software and we're looking for some trial users. This forum has been a great place for us to get feedback so we wanted to offer it here first.

You'd be using a "beta" (basically brand new) software and letting us know what you think. You can't hurt our feelings because it's all about the feedback we get from people, so we'd like to know what you like and what you don't like.

Is anyone interested in helping out?

Thanks!
Jeff
marniewon 12:11 PM 12-29-2010
What are some of the things your new software will do for daycare management?
Sandbox 12:40 PM 12-29-2010
We've focused in on three main areas

1. Project class openings. You can look at each class schedule and play around with your enrollment. Ie. See when opening are coming available, move kids forward, backward etc.... a place to play around and keep the schedule optimized.

2. Automates administrative work ie. billing and yearly tax receipts

3. and keeps things organized by keeping a record of children, medical info, parents, who can drop off and pick up children etc.

Are you home based or center based?
marniewon 12:42 PM 12-29-2010
My daycare is home based.
tymaboy 12:59 PM 12-29-2010
Will it work on Macs?

If I were to stay open I would have tested on a Mac if its compatible.
Blackcat31 01:00 PM 12-29-2010
I am home based but I would be interested in learning more......or trying it out. I am working with some varying schedules right now so I would be interested in that aspect. I use MMK for book-keeping and accounting but would be interested in software that told me when kids' immunizations are due to be updated... or software where I can maybe make quick notes or observations to a child's personal file. Right now I just manually write down things about individual kids/days/behaviors etc. Time consuming and hard to keep track of. I'd like to see some software that allows me to add my name and business info to lettes, notes home, notices, bills, reminders and any correspondence to parents. I can do it (and do) with Microsoft Word but it takes time. I'm a fill in the blank kind of gal. I'd like to type in a child's name and be able to view EVERYTHING I need to know about the child. ie. DOB, parent contact, behavior notes, imm updates, payment schedules, number of absences, and anything else we have to record. I always worry about the "what if" factor...what if I had to have an emergency substitute and I couldn't possibly tell them all the little things about a child that I keep stored in my head. I know I am asking the impossible but I am trying to put out there what I would like to see.....
Oh, and I have the worst time trying to remember where I put all my records of trainings and classes and CPR and 1st aide cards I have....I put them here and there and can never find them when I need them. We're also required to do a monthy crib inspection sheet (like the sign off sheets for cleaning restrooms they post on back of doors in Target) and I always lose mine!?!? LOL!!!!
Crystal 01:19 PM 12-29-2010
I'd be interested in taking a look at it. Would I download it on-line or would you send a disc?
mainemomma 06:02 PM 12-29-2010
I'd be interested...
Missani 07:11 PM 12-29-2010
I would be interested. I don't currently have a software program at all and am looking for something useful. I'm tired of making receipts on "invoice templates" in microsoft publisher.
Sandbox 08:10 AM 12-30-2010
This is great, an online meeting is probably the best way to get everyone logged on and using the program. Let's give it a day to see who else wants to be to be involved, and then I'll post some details on logistics for this.

Blackcat31, you've basically summarized a portion of what the software will do... thanks. One question for you, why track immunizations? Do you need to remind the parents as to when they should be renewed? (I ask because in Canada daycares are not responsible for this).

One statement, we've thought about adding the ability to track training records ie. CPR due etc... we're not sure if it's making the first release yet...
Blackcat31 08:33 AM 12-30-2010
Originally Posted by Sandbox:
Blackcat31, you've basically summarized a portion of what the software will do... thanks. One question for you, why track immunizations? Do you need to remind the parents as to when they should be renewed? (I ask because in Canada daycares are not responsible for this).
Yes, I've always been under the understanding that I cannot allow kids to get behind on imms and I have to keep up-to date records at all times and must remind everyone when imms are due and need to be up-dated. I have to verbally remind parents now and go through folders/files to see if all children's stuff is up-to-date. (Unless they are conscientiously opposed to imms...but they sign accordingly for that)

If your software does what I summarized....I AM IN!!!!! I think the record keeping is the hardest part of this job....the rest is a cake-walk compared to being on top of all the papers and files and records and time and calculating and double checking etc etc....
marniewon 08:52 AM 12-30-2010
I'd like to try it out too.
Little People 09:04 AM 12-30-2010
Do you have to be licensed to try it out?
Sandbox 05:26 AM 12-31-2010
Hey Little People, no you don't have to be licensed to try it out, are you home based?

I have another questions to pose, what's your opinions on pricing? We're thinking about pricing the software differently based on whether you're home based or a center.
Sandbox 05:30 AM 12-31-2010
Crystal the software is web based which means it gets accessed over the internet. No discs, no installations.

I've let our product manager know that you folks would like to be involved in giving us feedback. He's going to have a "beta" site ready by early next week.

The software's not even ready so you'll all have a direct influence on what's good, and what needs changing. Looking forward to this!
Crystal 09:27 AM 12-31-2010
Thanks. I'll defintiley check it out and give you my feedback. I currently use my own spreadsheets and word documents that I have set up for my business. Kinda dated though and I'd like everything to be in one, easily accessible program.
daycaremom1 10:09 AM 12-31-2010
I am group home based daycare and I would love to try it out! Thanks, and please get a hold of me!!
broncomom1973 12:37 PM 12-31-2010
Can I still sign up to try this out too? I have a home based daycare.
KEG123 01:26 PM 12-31-2010
If it's not too late I'd like to try too. Thanks.
Childminder 02:08 PM 12-31-2010
I'm up for trying it also. Just so I don't have to be extremely computer literate.
Unregistered 01:54 AM 01-01-2011
I would like to try it.
care-care 07:05 PM 01-04-2011
i would love to also!
Little People 04:25 AM 01-05-2011
Hey Little People, no you don't have to be licensed to try it out, are you home based?

I have another questions to pose, what's your opinions on pricing? We're thinking about pricing the software differently based on whether you're home based or a center.
Yes, I am home based and I would like to be involved!
Revtallon@comcast.net 06:01 AM 01-06-2011
I look forward to trying your software

Hi all,

Our company is developing daycare management software and we're looking for some trial users. This forum has been a great place for us to get feedback so we wanted to offer it here first.

You'd be using a "beta" (basically brand new) software and letting us know what you think. You can't hurt our feelings because it's all about the feedback we get from people, so we'd like to know what you like and what you don't like.

Is anyone interested in helping out?

Thanks!
Jeff

Sandbox 12:10 PM 01-06-2011
O.k. it sounds like we've got a good group here.

What would be really great is to set up one on one, online demos with each one of you. The software runs online so it's easy to give you access, and we use a tool called gotomeeting which lets us see your screen in real time.

I'm thinking we block off next Monday and Friday to do these demos. Could everyone send me there email address and a preferred day/time if you have one?

Here's my email - jmorris@ladderinc.ca

Let the user tests begin
Sandbox 05:07 PM 01-11-2011
Hi all, I've been trying to IM some of you through the forum but I don't think it's working.

Here's what I'm thinking.

The software is in it's really early stages which means we'll need to explain some of the screens for them to really make sense. If anyone would like to see the software in this early stage feel free to email me. You'll have a bit more of an influence, but it takes a but more time to show you everything.

The other option is to be on standby for a few weeks as we finish developing things. At this point we can simply give you a log in and you can play around and then email the feedback.

Any thoughts?

Sorry for the delay!
Sandbox 01:54 PM 01-17-2011
We've been getting some good feedback from people so far, and decided we need to have some fun with this user testing.

We're going to randomly select the name of one of you helpers and give out a free ipod for participating.

Thanks again to those who have contributed already, just send me an email to get your name on the list - jmorris@ladderinc.ca.

Thanks!
Sandbox 07:49 AM 01-31-2011
We're wrapping up the user testing this week, and will be announcing the ipod winner on Monday February 7th on the forum.

If anyone else wants to squeeze in this week shoot me an email. jmorris@ladderinc.ca

Thanks for all the feedback so far!
snbauser 09:38 AM 01-31-2011
I'm new here and saw this post. If there is still room I would love to see what it does. I am home based.
littlemonkeys 09:58 AM 01-31-2011
I emailed you earlier. I have a home based daycare and I'm actually in the process of doing a few free trial with a couple of programs before I purchase one. If there is still time, I'd love to take a look and see how it may work for my business.
Sandbox 09:05 AM 02-01-2011
Originally Posted by snbauser:
I'm new here and saw this post. If there is still room I would love to see what it does. I am home based.
Sounds great, let's set up a demo. Could you send me an email so we can pick a time and date?

jmorris@ladderinc.ca

Thanks!
Sandbox 07:28 AM 02-07-2011
The user testing has gone great, thanks for all of the great feedback. It's amazing what details comes out of these meetings.

Congrats to Shanna Brewer, she was randomly picked and won an ipod. Thanks for helping out Shanna, some music after a long day with the kids may come in handy now and then

As always, thank you daycare.com for the great place for us all to connect.
DaycareMomma 07:56 AM 02-07-2011
If it is not too late, I'd also be interested in testing it out.
Blackcat31 08:13 AM 02-07-2011
We're wrapping up the user testing this week, and will be announcing the ipod winner on Monday February 7th on the forum.

If anyone else wants to squeeze in this week shoot me an email. jmorris@ladderinc.ca

Thanks for all the feedback so far!
Who gets the i-pod? I am dying to know!
Sandbox 09:53 AM 02-07-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Who gets the i-pod? I am dying to know!
Shanna Brewer won the ipod, she runs a home based center out of Kansas.
Blackcat31 10:14 AM 02-07-2011
Shanna Brewer won the ipod, she runs a home based center out of Kansas.
Congrats to Shanna Brewer!!! What an awesome way for her to start the week!!!! That was awesome that you guys did that!
lvt77 10:23 AM 02-07-2011
i would like to be inculded in the software trials..
Sandbox 09:10 PM 02-08-2011
We appreciate the feedback, and look forward to more of it!

lvt77, we can certainly do a trial with you, could you send me an email so we can get you set up? jmorris@ladderinc.ca

To give a little update on the product, we're a couple of weeks away from having a fully working prototype, and we've been able to incorporate a lot of the feedback we've received.

I hope everyone's been enjoying the recent snow storms, I'd guess there's an abnormal number of snow angels and snow men on your properties right now

Cheers!
Jeff
Sandbox 01:18 PM 05-31-2011
Hi All,

I hope everyone is doing well. Sorry for the lack of updates we've had our heads down for the last few months.

In part thanks to this very thread we're just around the corner of releasing a new daycare management software called Sandbox.

Thanks to all the members who shared their knowledge, and thanks daycare.com for the great forum!

We're going to announce a pre order special this spring, but it'll be a few weeks before the software is ready for purchase. If you'd like to find out more in the meantime you can check out the website site - www.sandboxmanage.com.

Cheers!
Jeff
GotKids 07:10 PM 05-31-2011
I am home based and I too would like to try your software.
Christina72684 08:04 AM 06-01-2011
I would love to try it! I'm opening my Daycare Home next week and have no software or anything. I'm actually not even sure what all I should keep track of on the computer, so I'll try anything!
Sandbox 08:54 AM 06-07-2011
Originally Posted by GotKids:
I am home based and I too would like to try your software.
O.k. great. We will get you going on a trial version. Could you send me an email so I can forward you the log in information - jmorris@ladderinc.ca

Thanks
Tags:child care management, child care software, daycare management, daycare management software, software
Reply Up