Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Christmas Presents for Daycare Children
momma2girls 05:37 AM 11-08-2009
HI!
I have been doing daycare for over 6 yrs. now, and I was wondering if everyone purchased presents for daycare children?
I have every yr. that I have done daycare.
I usually spend about $10-$15.00 for each one.
SOme parents I don't even receive a thank you or nothing. Those parents, I didn't receive even a card from(which really urked me)
THen some parents will buy $1.00 candle(it's well worth the thought at least)
THen some purchase gifts and gift cards for me(what a great idea)
Just wondering if you's buy gifts, how much, and what do you receive back?
I know even a little card, to let you know you are appreciated would be great!!
Unregistered 06:05 AM 11-08-2009
Buy some neat toys they can play with at your daycare.
I'm getting a play tent with tunnels. A bit of an investment, but I know they will enjoy it, and it won't get left in the car, or tossed underneath a bed, or torn up due to lack of supervision.
If you feel bad not sending them home with something, buy some books from a scholastic book order and send those home, but save the rest of your money for something they will use all the time. At your house. That's probably where they spend a majority of their waking hours anyway.
melissa ann 07:24 AM 11-08-2009
Last year, I gave everyone a 3 pack of playdough, the girls got a doll and the boys got tractors.
The one family, I recieved nothing. At the time, they were the worse family to deal with.
The other family gave 2 books to each of the kids in the care, and I got a tin can of chocolate covered pretzels. Yumm! It even came from Hershey (we live about 30 mins away from Hershey) so it was the best choc covered preztels ever.
I'm not sure what I'm going to do this year.
momofsix 07:56 AM 11-08-2009
I always get something for the kids, about $15.00 worth. Some families more appreciative than others, as always.
I usually get something from each of them, but it can vary from a $50 dollar gift card to a box of candy. Whatever it is, I appreciate the thought, and some take the time to write out really nice cards--very thoughtful.
I was thinking about doing the same thing for them all this year--maybe each a book or something, but then, that takes some of the fun out of it too. Not sure yet!
seashell 08:17 AM 11-08-2009
I give each child a book and matching stuffed animal from Kohls. It cost's 10 for the set and they are very nice! A portion of the sale also benefits local children's charities so that makes it even better.

/some parents give nice gifts, others that crapy candy in a coffee cup that they sell at the dollar store. I don't expect gifts. It's nice to feel appreciated, but it's not part of the job description.
mac60 08:23 AM 11-08-2009
I have always given my group a Christmas present, usually $10 to $12 per child. Last year it was nice pajamas from JC Penneys for about $10 each during one of their sales. I have a dilema this year. My husband lost his job 6 weeks ago, and his inicome is now cut in half due to our state having such crappy unemployment, I don't know if we can make it on my income and his unemployment, let alone buy for Christmas gifts this year. I am really upset over this and not sure what to do. I told my own familiy and friends, Christmas is very slim this year, I am not sure what to do with my dc families.
cafemocha 09:07 AM 11-08-2009
For my daycare children I purchased hand puppets@ $3.00 each from Star-Brite Learning Program www.star-brite.com

They also have animal visors @ $2.00 each, Story Books with PC games @ $5.00 each.

I am on a tight budget..... the puppet are plush and cute.... great value for my money.
Childminder 09:06 AM 11-11-2009
I always give books to my DCK. I have for the couple of years gone on the website http://www.bookliquidator.com and get my books for $1-$2 each. The books are new condition but publisher overstocks that usually have a marker line on the edge to prevent them from being returned to the publisher. No minimum, which is nice and all the books that I have bought have been perfect condition hard covers. This way I can get each one 2 books and they look like they are getting a nicer gift. and I only spend $3-$5 each.

I have done the Kohl's book before but enrollment is down, the hubby is laid off, and I am trying to collect from a couple of deadbeats that have bounced checks.
Tags:2009, childhood memories, christmas, christmas activities, christmas cheer, christmas gifts, gift, gift card, holiday, iowa, parent - its a verb, presents, toys, treats
Reply Up