Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>How Do I Charge Christmas And Vacation Days?
GrannyJ 01:05 PM 11-07-2011
I am so confused on what to charge if anyone could help I would appreciate it! lol

I just started charging for holidays and charging by the week! So how would I charge for Christmas when I take off the week after Christmas as my vacation and I don't charge for my vacations? Do I take off the 23rd which is friday and since I'm on vacation the next week would I not charge for Christmas Day? I hope what I am asking makes since. I'm totally confused!
CheekyChick 01:24 PM 11-07-2011
Let's say you charge $100.00 per week:

Fees for 12/19/11 - 12/23/11 (you're taking off 12/23/11) = $80.00

Fees for 12/26/11 - 12/30/11 (12/26/11 is the federal observance for Christmas which you will get paid for) = $100.00

Fees for 1/2/12 - 1/6/12 (1/2/12 is the federal observance for New Year's Day which you will get paid for) = $100.00

I hope this helps.
Francine 03:15 AM 11-08-2011
I have in my contract that if the holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday I will take either Friday or Monday off, whichever I choose. In this case I would have taken Friday off as my paid holiday and then not charged for the following week if I were on vacation.
beachgrl 06:00 AM 11-08-2011
Originally Posted by Francine:
I have in my contract that if the holiday falls on a Saturday or Sunday I will take either Friday or Monday off, whichever I choose. In this case I would have taken Friday off as my paid holiday and then not charged for the following week if I were on vacation.
I have the same thing on my contract so i would take that Friday as the paid holiday and then not charge the week I was actually out on vacation.
momma2girls 07:12 AM 11-08-2011
I have the same thing written, about if the Holidays fall on a Sat. or Sun. or both.
Zoe 07:43 AM 11-08-2011
I'm doing the same thing you are. So I'm taking the Friday before Christmas (the 23rd) as a paid holiday; all weekly rates are the same as usual. Then I'm taking that week between Christmas and New Year's off, for which I charge a half rate. I was going to take off the Monday after New Year's as a paid holiday, but felt that was too much so I'm just forgetting about getting New Year's as a holiday this year. Does that make sense?
GrannyJ 12:14 PM 11-08-2011
So I have it in my contract for paid holidays Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and New years day so taking vacation the week in between Christmas and new years I don't get paid for those holidays?
Tags:holiday rates
Reply Up