Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 12-11-2011, 09:30 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Direct Deposit for DC payments?

Hi-

I have a quick question...I have a client that wants to set up direct deposit from his employer. I'm a little hesitant to give him my banking information/account number ect. Does anyone else do direct deposit? Should I be worried?
Old 12-11-2011, 01:20 PM
New Daycare.com Member

Ive never heard of anyone doing this. Basically this parent wants to make her/his life easier by having a portion of their income go to your bank account and the rest to her/his own, right?

Although, to me, it sounds like just another way to baby parents who cant seem to keep up with their responsibilities, it may not be a bad idea. For one, you're guaranteed that youll get your money on time and in its full amount. Also, giving your account number away is not that big of a deal. You probably give it away all the time when you shop. Unless this person has your ID, they can only deposit money, not take any out.

Certain companies also offer automatic withdraw services for a fee. That way you can withdraw recurring payments from all of your client's accounts. This can be quite expensive though, and will only be convenient if you have a large clientele. here's an example of one company's services
http://www.paysimple.com/pricing.html
Old 12-11-2011, 01:38 PM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I wouldn't allow it. If they want to do auto bill pay have them set up for his bank to mail you a check to your home.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:10 PM
Unregistered

Childcarepay.com

I use it and it's amazing. Costs $1 per transaction. You can opt for the parents to pay that $1 fee if you like. I do not take checks or cash from parents anymore- every parent in my daycare must do the online thing.
Old 12-11-2011, 03:05 PM
Admin & Owner-Daycare.com

There is also a credit card swipe that connects to your smartphone. You can always get them to pay on the spot with the CC.

Last edited by Michael; 12-11-2011 at 03:11 PM.
Old 12-11-2011, 08:48 PM

I wouldn't allow it either. Direct deposit is for depositing their check into THEIR account - I wouldn't want to deal with the possibility of errors, etc.

I have the square up device that connects to my cell phone but I've never had a parent use it since there is a service fee. I tried the auto bill pay where the bank mails a check to my house with one family but the check RARELY ever arrived on time, I think the post office was to blame more than the family or bank but was still a pain in the neck and I had to stop allowing it.

childcarepay.com sounds like it might work for you/this family - its just like paypal but specifically for child care payments. I'm not crazy about it because it takes a few days for it to be deposited into my account.
Old 12-12-2011, 05:20 AM

Minute Minute Kids offers direct deposit through childcarepay.com. It is $1 per deposit and can be charged to them or you.

Very easy to use.... Try out the 30 day free trial. It is worth it.

www.minutemenu.com
Old 12-12-2011, 10:29 AM
Daycare.com Member

It sounds like it's more trouble than it's worth. I too don't want to be bothered with errors or have to pay extra fees. He wants the money to come from his employer directly into my bank account. I don't feel like having to try to deal with his employer through him if there are issues...
Old 12-12-2011, 10:34 AM

Personally, I take cash and ONLY cash! That way it doesn't affect me if they cancel their bank account, they also are not able to cancel any direct deposits they were SUPPOSED to make to my account, etc. Cash directly from their hand to mine! That's the only way I will KNOW exactly what amount and when I am paid. No arguments with banks, or prearranged electronic transactions that the parents can cancel on you.

Tags
automatic - payment, direct deposit, minute menu kids, mmk, payment options