Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Help with 2 year old
kitkat 08:43 AM 02-18-2010
I am so frustrated!!! I have a girl who is just about to turn 2. I know the behavior is age appropriate, but I still need help/ideas on how to deal with it.

Problem 1: Hitting
Dcg will hit her sister or her mom when she's mad. It's not tolerated here. Time outs are given. The problem is that the time out doesn't even phase her. She will actually smirk when I'm talking to her and reminding her no hitting. She understands what she's doing and what I'm saying. It doesn't help that when she hits mom, mom tells her no hitting (in a some what firm voice) and then continues on to call her a little turkey (in a fun voice). What a great way to mix up a kid! How/what do I do to get her to understand this is a big no-no?

Problem 2: Taking toys from DD (17 months)
Dcg will take it out of DD's hand or chase her down to get the toy, which causes DD to scream like she's being attacked. Whatever DD has or I tell DD to get, dcg has to get it/take it. This happens all day long and it's driving me crazy!

Like I said, I realize this is all age appropriate behavior and I know it won't go away over night. I just feel like what I'm doing isn't helping it get any better and need some new ideas.
Tags:behavior, fighting, hitting
Up