Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 06-18-2013, 08:57 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Comes in Underwear

So the dcb that is absolutely driving me nuts (bully) and his mother (breaks all the rules) comes today. He is 3 and we've been struggling to potty train him. He says he doesnt' want to. She brings him today and tells me that he's in underwear. I said are you kidding me? Is he since last week completely going on the toilet? She says, well he's 50/50. I asked if there was pullups and changes of clothes in the bag. Yup, good cause he's going to need them I need them to be accident free for 2 weeks before underwear. Seems like since she's leaving the first of September, she's just been a bit** with everything and I have no idea why. Did not start my day out good.
Old 06-18-2013, 11:12 AM
Daycare.com Member

I would have handed her a pull up to put on him!
Old 06-18-2013, 11:37 AM
Daycare.com Member

I hate it when parents think its our job to do all the potty training. I have a DCG who is ready; I told DCM (parent is full time student) she needs to initiate the training over winter break. Never happened. Over spring break. Never happened. Now we are on summer break & she lets her 3 yr old run around (at her house) in only a diaper, no clothes. What the what?!? The girl is smart & want to pee like a big girl. Mom is just plain LAZY!!!!
Old 06-18-2013, 11:46 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I would put him in a pull up immediately and require she keep me stocked up with them. sounds like she is trying to get him potty trained before preschool or new daycare in the fall, wherever it is that she is headed to next.
Old 06-18-2013, 12:01 PM
Daycare.com Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom View Post
I would put him in a pull up immediately and require she keep me stocked up with them. sounds like she is trying to get him potty trained before preschool or new daycare in the fall, wherever it is that she is headed to next.
He's headed to preschool and HAS to be potty trained by then. He is fully capable. This kid is pretty darn smart. He is the biggest manipulator I've seen in 12 years of daycare. I have 8 more weeks of him and can't wait!!!! She just really irritates me. Who sends their kid to daycare in underwear with nothing, not even a plastic pullover when she stood there and even said that he is 50/50 success. A total dumba@@ that's who. I was so so mad!
Old 06-18-2013, 07:27 PM
Daycare.com Member

Dad picked up and totally apologized about the underwear. Said that he was also handed this information this morning just like I was. He said that his opinion was that WE should have all talked about it and decided together what the appropriate next step would be. He said he told his wife that they should push the training by having him wear underwear at home and that it should never have been pushed on me. He asked me what my policy was so I told him about the 2 weeks dry rule that I have. He agreed and seemed really pissed at his wife for sending him in underwear. Oh and as soon as the dcb laid eyes on dad, he peed his pants! UGH!

Kicker to this story is that I just got a text from mom at 9:00 p.m. asking how the dcb's day was. She works until late. Ahhh, why don't you call your husband and ask. I don't answer text messages at 9:00. So, I totally ignored it.
Old 06-18-2013, 08:12 PM

I'm sure I'll be the odd man out here, but I've actually had this happen before and for whatever reason it worked out fine both times. The kids were totally resistant to potty training and one day they just showed up in undies. Both had no accidents from that point on and I don't recall doing anything special other than reminders and regularly scheduled potty breaks.

Tags
arriving in underwear, pull ups, toilet trained, using underwear