Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Child Abuse
Unregistered 07:03 AM 05-28-2008
I am not sure of how to go about this but think somebody should go and inspect Image of God Ministries Daycare in jeffersonville indiana. There are too many children in the daycare and not enough workers. The ratio is about 25 to 1 at times. Also children are being encourage to hit each other. The teachers are not qualified it is a family business and 16-18 years old inexperience are being left in charge of the toddlers. The infants are being left unattended because of lack of staff. There is no fence where the children are allowed to play near an apartment complex. They are knocking on people doors. It has been reported that the young teachers will take off their shoes and it the children, and if they don't they encourage the children to fight back and hit each other. This daycare should be inspected and the children should be interviewed. This should not be allowed to go on. Please someone look into this as soon as possible.
mac60 12:58 AM 05-30-2008
Just wondering. Have you been there and seen these accusations for yourself, or is this just gossip. Because, unless you have seen these accusations for yourself, you have no business passing this kind of information on. The comments you have posted, in my opinion, are quite far fetched.

I am all for protecting children, but I am not for slamming others if it is nothing but gossip. Just my opinions here.
jacky 01:45 AM 06-25-2008
Hi,
I honestly believe that if you KNOW that this is true, then report it to authorities. Always go with your gut instinct. Why on earth would the parents be putting them in care there? Surely they do not realise what is going on.

Im from Australia & we have accreditation every 3 years & spot checks in between,where we have to PROVE we are following the quality indicators & providing a service up to national standards. If our scheme does not obtain a satisfactory quality of care, our scheme is OUT.
jacky 01:54 AM 06-25-2008
Hi, you go for it. If your gut feeling tells you to report, then do it.

I'm from Australia & we have problems with centres, but nothing like that! Do you guys have a national standards book you have to follow? We do & go through accreditation every 3 years & spot checks in between to try & ensure everyone complies all the time.
Unregistered 07:53 PM 06-29-2008
that is scary! you should report it u don't need to say your name. Call your local human services.
Tags:child abuse, child abuse recognition, indiana
Reply Up