Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 04-16-2016, 07:51 PM
BumbleBee's Avatar
BumbleBee BumbleBee is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,379
Default Beyond Done with Minute Menu

I am so done with minute menu right now. 10 months ago they updated the app so it was unusable for my particular phone. There went that so i had to switch back to using my computer. 2 weeks ago they did an update on the software and can't use the computer downloaded one through my food program now. so break out the old tablet and use my in house wifi to see if i can download the app on there and use the kids2go app. Nope, won't work on the tablet either.

now i'm down to paper menu's. Seriously?!?!?!?!?! i'd rather not do the food program than have more paperwork floating around here.

anybody else having issues with minute menu? The customer service has been less than stellar.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 04-16-2016, 09:05 PM
MyAngels's Avatar
MyAngels MyAngels is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,152
Default

My food program had been using the free version (minimal features) of Minute Menu and they have switched us to a program called KidKare. My rep said the program has become too unstable and that's why they switched.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 04-16-2016, 09:37 PM
BumbleBee's Avatar
BumbleBee BumbleBee is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 2,379
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyAngels View Post
My food program had been using the free version (minimal features) of Minute Menu and they have switched us to a program called KidKare. My rep said the program has become too unstable and that's why they switched.
yeah we have the free version of minute Menu. i'll have to see which food programs around here use kidkare and maybe switch to one of them.

sounds like it's not just me
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 04-16-2016, 10:51 PM
spedmommy4's Avatar
spedmommy4 spedmommy4 is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Northern Oregon
Posts: 933
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trummynme View Post
yeah we have the free version of minute Menu. i'll have to see which food programs around here use kidkare and maybe switch to one of them.

sounds like it's not just me
Minute menu is becoming Kidcare. They are just rolling in out slowly. In my area, some of the providers have already switched and others, like me, and still patiently waiting to be switched over.

It's causing a lot of technical issues so I don't know why they don't just switch everyone over to the new system. It seems like it would be more complicated to run two separate systems.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 04-16-2016, 11:33 PM
BarbInMich's Avatar
BarbInMich BarbInMich is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: West Michigan
Posts: 11
Default

Is that program through the CACFP? When I was going through 4C's, here in Michigan, a few years back, they just had paper menu's.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 04-17-2016, 08:34 AM
Blackcat31's Avatar
Blackcat31 Blackcat31 is offline
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 19,760
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spedmommy4 View Post
Minute menu is becoming Kidcare. They are just rolling in out slowly. In my area, some of the providers have already switched and others, like me, and still patiently waiting to be switched over.

It's causing a lot of technical issues so I don't know why they don't just switch everyone over to the new system. It seems like it would be more complicated to run two separate systems.


http://tomcopelandblog.com/october-2...is-now-kidkare
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 04-17-2016, 09:26 AM
Leigh's Avatar
Leigh Leigh is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 3,820
Default

My sponsor hasn't even heard of KidCare-I was so looking forward to something easier and better! I think it will be a while before we see it where I live!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 04-17-2016, 10:08 AM
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default

I had problems with my minute menu on the computer as well. I ended up having to uninstall and reinstall the program. I thought it was because I upgraded to windows 10 but maybe it was them having issues? Anyway reinstalling it fixed the problem.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 04-17-2016, 10:26 AM
MyAngels's Avatar
MyAngels MyAngels is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 4,152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by spedmommy4 View Post
Minute menu is becoming Kidcare. They are just rolling in out slowly. In my area, some of the providers have already switched and others, like me, and still patiently waiting to be switched over.

It's causing a lot of technical issues so I don't know why they don't just switch everyone over to the new system. It seems like it would be more complicated to run two separate systems.
Well that explains why I'm still not finding it particularly user friendly
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 04-17-2016, 12:09 PM
Meeko's Avatar
Meeko Meeko is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 4,275
Default

I started KidKare last month. It has some bugs, but they are working on it. I don't love it.....but it's better than paper!! Kidkare is supposed to work on any computer, tablet or smart phone. I have found it works best on my phone. Works a little quicker that on my laptop or tablet. eventually Minute Menu will be history as they move in the new program.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 04-17-2016, 07:30 PM
284878's Avatar
284878 284878 is offline
Day Care Owner
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Next door
Posts: 2,188
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbInMich View Post
Is that program through the CACFP? When I was going through 4C's, here in Michigan, a few years back, they just had paper menu's.
I have 4c (now called Campfire 4c) food program and they use minute menu or paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leigh View Post
My sponsor hasn't even heard of KidCare-I was so looking forward to something easier and better! I think it will be a while before we see it where I live!
When I asked my FP rep they had not heard of it. Which seems silly since we have. I think I going to send them info on it to speed up the process.

http://tomcopelandblog.com/october-2...is-now-kidkare


Quote:
Originally Posted by Trummynme View Post
I am so done with minute menu right now. 10 months ago they updated the app so it was unusable for my particular phone. There went that so i had to switch back to using my computer. 2 weeks ago they did an update on the software and can't use the computer downloaded one through my food program now. so break out the old tablet and use my in house wifi to see if i can download the app on there and use the kids2go app. Nope, won't work on the tablet either.

now i'm down to paper menu's. Seriously?!?!?!?!?! i'd rather not do the food program than have more paperwork floating around here.

anybody else having issues with minute menu? The customer service has been less than stellar.
You should be able to log in to their website and do it there. https://www.minutemenu.com/php/mmweb/login.php
The catch is it does not work on all browsers.
__________________
Come join us on the new site.

https://forum.daycare.com
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 04-18-2016, 06:34 AM
EntropyControlSpecialist's Avatar
EntropyControlSpecialist EntropyControlSpecialist is offline
Embracing the chaos.
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: A toasty environment!
Posts: 7,430
Default

My food program rep told me to go to their website and reinstall it. http://www.minutemenukids.com/welcome/

It fixed it for me when I was unable to submit March's claim or even log in at all.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
minute menu, minute menu kids, mmk

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How Does Minute Menu Help? TwinMama Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 7 01-22-2016 02:02 PM
Entering Minute Menu Info CraftyMom Daycare and Taxes 2 02-24-2015 07:52 PM
Minute Menu Kids/HX Lite/Food Program rebekki78 Daycare and Taxes 7 06-04-2014 08:33 AM
Minute Menu App for Android or Apple missheather Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 2 02-14-2014 04:03 PM
Minute Menu Patches Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 2 03-08-2013 07:52 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:07 AM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming