Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Going Group...
daycarediva 10:55 AM 10-10-2017
How on earth do I hire an assistant, do so LEGALLY, and NOT break the bank?

Hiring dd, so the state says I don't have to have comp as she is a relative.

Dh has employees, and he pretty much pays their salary twice over for insurance and tax matching. If that's the case, I will take a cut in pay to double my ratio!

Our accountant is only open M-F 9-4, and he won't do a phone conference, so that's out.

Any advice here? I'm at a loss!

I have an EIN, starting an employee handbook (any advice there)

and this is all nice talk, since my new state rep WONT EVEN ANSWER MY F*** CALLS.
storybookending 10:58 AM 10-10-2017
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
How on earth do I hire an assistant, do so LEGALLY, and NOT break the bank?

Hiring dd, so the state says I don't have to have comp as she is a relative.

Dh has employees, and he pretty much pays their salary twice over for insurance and tax matching. If that's the case, I will take a cut in pay to double my ratio!

Our accountant is only open M-F 9-4, and he won't do a phone conference, so that's out.

Any advice here? I'm at a loss!

I have an EIN, starting an employee handbook (any advice there)

and this is all nice talk, since my new state rep WONT EVEN ANSWER MY F*** CALLS.
My advice is to hire a better accountant.
daycarediva 10:59 AM 10-10-2017
Originally Posted by storybookending:
My advice is to hire a better accountant.
It's actually dh's, and he does my taxes.

He's amazing, dh loves him, and there aren't many in the area that are trustworthy.
Mom2Two 11:27 AM 10-10-2017

He's amazing, dh loves him, and there aren't many in the area that are trustworthy.
Sometimes I try to add up having an assistant, and the only way it adds up for me is to do it the way a friend does: by doing before school, day shift, and after school. She's licensed for 16 but has 36 enrolled. She says she makes good money.

But with my hours, it wouldn't be worth it for me.
storybookending 11:59 AM 10-10-2017

I still feel like you’re going to need one that knows the legalities of your situation and if your current one isn’t going to accommodate you’ll need someone who will eventually. Or take a day off and go see the one you currently use.
jenboo 12:23 PM 10-10-2017
I pay my assistant $8.50/hr and it actually costs me about $10/hr after you add in all the taxes. My insurance didn't go up to add her onto the policy either
Tags:group care
Reply Up