Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sani Cycle on Dishwasher
DaveA 11:16 AM 11-18-2019
My new dishwasher has a sanitize cycle. This is a new one for me. Does anyone use it to clean toys? Thinking about running things I'm rotating in through it before putting them out. For smaller stuff like counting bears do you put them in a basket or something?

Thanks
e.j. 11:22 AM 11-18-2019
My dishwasher has a sanitize cycle, too, and I've used it to clean toys. I either put the smaller toys into a basket or a mesh bag and I place it on the top rack.
CountryRoads 11:54 AM 11-18-2019
Mine also has a sanitize cycle.

My health inspector told me that most dishwashers don't get hot enough to actually sanitize. She had a kit to test it, but since I don't use the dishwasher for daycare, we didn't test it.

I've got a pacifier/nipple basket for dishwashers that I think would work great for little toys!
Baby Beluga 09:42 AM 11-19-2019
I use mine

I put small toys in a mesh bag, then run it on the sanitize cycle. I hang the bag to dry and once dry it makes it super easy to dump the toys back into their designated bucket.
Baby Beluga 09:45 AM 11-19-2019
Originally Posted by CountryRoads:

My health inspector told me that most dishwashers don't get hot enough to actually sanitize. She had a kit to test it, but since I don't use the dishwasher for daycare, we didn't test it.

I've got a pacifier/nipple basket for dishwashers that I think would work great for little toys!
I had no idea! I am interested in testing mine now to see if it gets hot enough.
jenboo 09:53 AM 11-19-2019

When I was donating breastmilk, the milk bank told me the dishwater isn't an adequate sanitizer so I had to buy an electric sanitizer.

I still use my dishwasher to wash toys
Annalee 10:19 AM 11-19-2019

Same here!
littlefriends 11:33 AM 11-19-2019
I use mine to clean toys, hats, shoes, etc. put some vinegar in there-works great! I’ve never tested to see the heat/sanitizer situation but everything is sparkly clean when it comes out. If it’s truly something I want germs off of I’ll spray with bleach solution after.
Tags:dishwasher, sanitize
Reply Up