Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Contract: Full timers over Part timers
SandeeAR 09:02 AM 02-23-2011
I've seen several posts, stating that contracts say that full timers get priority over part timers.

I will shortly (around the first of April) be losing my first kid. She is moving to a Large center that her sister attends. I have all babies and her (2.5 y/o). The parents say they want to have her around more kids her age. I will still have the 7 mo old brother.

I currently have all part timers, 4 dcks. I'm currently redoing my contract. I'm currently advertising for a new kid. I want all kids on the same contract, so I will be giving this to my old kids parents too.

Would some of you share the wording of this part of your contact? I don't want to boot any of my kids, but I would like the option if I could double my money. I like Blackcat's idea of offering the full time spot to the current parents, then terming if they don't want it and I can fill with a full time.

Btw, I am limited to 4 kids.
marniewon 10:30 AM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by SandeeAR:
I've seen several posts, stating that contracts say that full timers get priority over part timers.

Would some of you share the wording of this part of your contact? I don't want to boot any of my kids, but I would like the option if I could double my money. I like Blackcat's idea of offering the full time spot to the current parents, then terming if they don't want it and I can fill with a full time.

Btw, I am limited to 4 kids.
I offer both full-time and part-time care. Full-time positions will generally be preferred over part-time positions. I reserve the right to terminate a part-time position, if the position can be filled with a full-time family. You may opt to pay for a full-time slot in order to keep your part-time position.
littlemonkeys 10:41 AM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by marniewon:
I offer both full-time and part-time care. Full-time positions will generally be preferred over part-time positions. I reserve the right to terminate a part-time position, if the position can be filled with a full-time family. You may opt to pay for a full-time slot in order to keep your part-time position.
Quick question... would you put this under your financial policies section or would you have it's own section?
SandeeAR 11:07 AM 02-23-2011

Thanks so much! That was just what I was looking for.
SandeeAR 11:08 AM 02-23-2011
Originally Posted by littlemonkeys:
Quick question... would you put this under your financial policies section or would you have it's own section?
I think I'm going to put it on the front page, right under Enrollment Requirements info.
Reply Up