Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Interview Yesterday!!
littlemonkeys 05:08 AM 03-04-2011
So yesterday I interviewed with a parent that scheduled with me two weeks ago. She has a 14 month old little girl and she is precious!! Things went really well and it looks like her daughter will be a great fit here. The mom took my contract and enrollment paperwork to look over and said she had another interview on Monday and would call me then. This interview went so well I really think I'll get this one.

Then....

At 5:15pm last night I got another call with a parent inquiring about dc. My neighbor friend down the street is full and she referred them to me. They asked if I had an opening and then asked if they could come right over to meet me. I was a little surprised that he wanted to come "right now". Parents got here within 15 min and the interview went great. Dcb is 10 months old and he has been going to a center and hasn't been adjusting very well there. The dcp's think its because there are 5-6 teachers that come in to assist in an 8 hour period. Poor baby only slept 10 min at dc today. I asked the parent how soon they needed daycare and they both said as soon as possible. They took my contract and will be starting today!!! I am so excited!! Totally wasn't expected for them to start TOMORROW!!!

Now that I filled this spot and really want to get that dcg that interviewed with me earlier yesterday I'm going to have to make a big decision. I'm thinking I might go ahead and get rid of my crying dcb. Makes me sad, but the little guy stresses me out with his constant crying.

Quick question... Do you guys give your phb and contract out to parents that haven't signed yet? And if they don't end up signing do you ask for them back? Because I put everything all together in a nice little packet and then put them in these really cute folders. If they're not coming here, I'd like them back. KWIM?
Zoe 06:05 AM 03-04-2011
The only thing I let them keep is an info sheet after having an interview. It briefly states my policy. They get to look at my schedule, sample menu, my policy and contract. But I hate wasting paper and ink, so they don't get to bring that stuff home.

I've sent them home with stuff before and never heard back from them, so I always considered it a loss. I never asked for the papers back.
lil angels 06:42 AM 03-04-2011
I send home only the contract and wait for them to sign then I give them the rest of the papers otherwise yes it is a big waste of money and time.
ninosqueridos 07:22 AM 03-04-2011
congrats on possibly having TWO new dcks

I give them everything in a folder (little packet) at interviews and count it as a loss - never ask for them back.
littlemonkeys 02:34 PM 03-04-2011
Thanks, I pretty much just hand the folder out at interview as well if they're interested and if it doesn't work out I count it as a loss too.
boysx5 05:18 AM 03-06-2011
I had this samething happen this week I interviewed a family with two boys they called on Tuesday and said they wanted the spot came and pickep up the paperwork but never signed the contract or gave me a deposit I required. Then I got a call on Friday from another family I interview saying they want the spot and would bring the contract and check right over so I went with them I didn't call the other family the ball was in their court I don't beg people to come with him I think they are still interviewing others but figured they held their spot with me so they will be surprised when and if they call back that they no longer have a spot. I'm ready for a fight with them but unless I get the contract signed and my check the spot is not yours
Tags:interview
Reply Up