Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
View Poll Results: Should This Forum Add a Curriculum Section?
Yes - A Must 25 80.65%
Not Needed 6 19.35%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll
Curriculum>Hey Michael...How About?
melskids 02:32 AM 02-17-2011
a new category about curriculum?

there has been alot of posts lately about curriculum and our daycare set ups. how about a seperate category where we can discuss curriculum, (whether we use boxed curriculums or child emergent). we can share activites, lesson plans, that sort of thing.

just a thought
Little People 03:10 AM 02-17-2011
Good idea
MNmamaOf4 05:27 AM 02-17-2011
Fantastic idea! Especially because I'm a newbie at this daycare business!
Blackcat31 07:27 AM 02-17-2011
Oooo... I am in also! I want to hear more on the "Melskids" method because that is the direction I am going! (It actually might need a web-site not just a thread!! LOL!!)

I do agree though an area for curriculum only is a great idea!
melskids 07:30 AM 02-17-2011
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Oooo... I am in also! I want to hear more on the "Melskids" method because that is the direction I am going! (It actually might need a web-site not just a thread!! LOL!!)

I do agree though an area for curriculum only is a great idea!

hey, i can't take ALL the credit...THIS forum is where i have learned sooo much!!! (thanks crystal)
dEHmom 08:36 AM 02-17-2011
I agree with the curriculum area also!

But I hope everyone keeps it to particular threads!
Like one for Montessori, etc.

I prefer not to spend the money buying stuff as this is my first year, and I'm not going to spend money now (even though it's a write off I know!) and force kids to sit down at a table and learn.

I aim more towards the toddlers and infants care, so I want to keep it fun, but VERY educational.
Danielle 09:37 AM 02-17-2011
I think that's a great idea!!
Michael 04:11 PM 02-17-2011
I will consider it. Poll is included to find out.
KEG123 04:23 PM 02-17-2011
I love forums that have multiple subdivisions. It's so much easier to filter through to posts you find relevant.
littlemonkeys 04:55 PM 02-17-2011
I think it would be a great addition!!!
Abigail 08:47 PM 02-17-2011
I do think that the original two categories was very easy to see, but in the long run having a better break-down is good. Especially for new-comers. I also didn't know how to use the "New Posts" feature (for a long time, lol) and that is why I thought different categories was difficult, but it's actually very organized.
Rachel 11:14 PM 02-17-2011
I also think it's a great idea!
Crystal 05:31 AM 02-18-2011
Originally Posted by melskids:
hey, i can't take ALL the credit...THIS forum is where i have learned sooo much!!! (thanks crystal)
awwww, thanks. and you're welcome
Michael 03:27 PM 02-20-2011
Originally Posted by melskids:
a new category about curriculum?

there has been alot of posts lately about curriculum and our daycare set ups. how about a seperate category where we can discuss curriculum, (whether we use boxed curriculums or child emergent). we can share activites, lesson plans, that sort of thing.

just a thought
Ok, I did not forget about you. I created a new Forum Area called Curriculum : https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Let me know if I need to add anything.

blessed mom 04:42 PM 02-20-2011
Excellent! I homeschooled my kids through second grade and there is so much to discuss regarding curriculum and teaching philosophy!
melskids 02:29 AM 02-21-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
Ok, I did not forget about you. I created a new Forum Area called Curriculum : https://www.daycare.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=9

Let me know if I need to add anything.

thanks!!!
Tags:curriculum, poll
Reply Up