Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Skittles and Orange Hi-C
meganlavonnesmommy 05:48 AM 10-17-2011
That was the breakfast my 2 year old DCB showed up with at 6am this morning.
I took it away as soon as Mom left, but it's no wonder he didnt eat the pumpkin bread and scrambled eggs I made.
nannyde 05:58 AM 10-17-2011
Candy Breakfast

The "no cry" way to start your day.

It's fast.

it's easy.

And the kids love it.
Meyou 05:58 AM 10-17-2011
Wow. I can't even imagine......
wahmof3 06:10 AM 10-17-2011
dck came in crying today bc dcm wouldnt give him anymore candy...... wth????
littlemommy 06:36 AM 10-17-2011
I had one come screaming because she wanted to stay with mommy. DCM kept saying that she JUST woke up and was still sleeping in the car, but the girl had a gross juice thing in her hand that was half drank. It was dumped right away. These girls also came in their pajamas at 7:30, overnight diaper still on and hair absolutely crazy.

It doesn't do any good to remind these parents of my policies. They'll be good for a week and then back to their ways.
Cat Herder 07:41 AM 10-17-2011
Mine at least have the courtesy of hiding the evidence... (minus two blue tongues this morning)

Retraining day is in full effect.
KEG123 07:41 AM 10-17-2011
Seriously, this amazes me that ANY parent would be so dumb to feed their kid that.
safechner 08:02 AM 10-17-2011
I know how that feels. My dcg always have candy everyday for her breakfast but I took it away. She always screamed so loud and I let her screamed whatever she wants. She gave up within one mins.
KBCsMommy 09:07 AM 10-17-2011
What....you haven't heard......Skittles and Hi C The breakfast of Champions!!! So is Mt. Dew and a Milky Way!!!

Just kidding! I know its pretty sad when kids come in with crap and we strive so hard to give them nutritious breakfasts...because a banana is just to hard to peel!!
GrannyJ 09:22 AM 10-17-2011
Yesterday morning I was getting out of my car at Target when I looked over at the car next to me, the Mom was waiting for her, looked to be 8yo daughter to finish her drink. The girl was chugging a large Rock Star Energy Drink!
littlemissmuffet 09:23 AM 10-17-2011
Originally Posted by meganlavonnesmommy:
That was the breakfast my 2 year old DCB showed up with at 6am this morning.
I took it away as soon as Mom left, but it's no wonder he didnt eat the pumpkin bread and scrambled eggs I made.

I would have said something in front of mom... "This is a really unhealthy breakfast, buddy, we're going to hand it back to mom and fix you up something nutritious to start your day off right!" And hand the CRAP back to her. I don't tell my parents how to care for their kids, but I most definitely make it known how *I* care for their kids.
wdmmom 09:33 AM 10-17-2011
I had a DCB show up with a Twizzlers last week. DCD admittedly told me that he wasn't going to fight with him so he could have it after breakfast.

Funny how a parent can't pry it from their hands but all's I have to do is ask. I got the licorice, took it to the kitchen and tossed it in the trash. He only asked for it once and I told him "No."

Now how simple was that?!
sharlan 10:36 AM 10-17-2011
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
I had a DCB show up with a Twizzlers last week. DCD admittedly told me that he wasn't going to fight with him so he could have it after breakfast.

Funny how a parent can't pry it from their hands but all's I have to do is ask. I got the licorice, took it to the kitchen and tossed it in the trash. He only asked for it once and I told him "No."

Now how simple was that?!
Hey, what's wrong with Twizzler's? I had one with my breakfast this morning.

One of my 8 yos comes in with donuts and chocolate milk once a week. I only have him for 30 mins before school, so I don't worry about it. The other kids don't even ask about it.

My 3 yo often has yogurt, hard boiled egg, or a bagel w/ cream cheese in his hand. Sadly, sister gets fed in the car and he gets what she gets.
countrymom 10:47 AM 10-17-2011
my dd decided nothing was good in the house so she had a granola bar for breakfast, I'm not too worried, because when she sees her healthy lunch she is going to eat it all because she is so hungry (it balances it self out) but she's also 11.

but I just don't understand how hard it is to make something for breakfast for kids, don't kids sit at kitchen tables anymore to eat, could this be the reason why parents feed their children crappy foods too. No one is taught to sit and eat anymore.
wdmmom 10:56 AM 10-17-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Hey, what's wrong with Twizzler's? I had one with my breakfast this morning.

One of my 8 yos comes in with donuts and chocolate milk once a week. I only have him for 30 mins before school, so I don't worry about it. The other kids don't even ask about it.

My 3 yo often has yogurt, hard boiled egg, or a bagel w/ cream cheese in his hand. Sadly, sister gets fed in the car and he gets what she gets.
What's wrong with Twizzlers??? Do you provide daycare for multiple children??? That's the problem. That, and it's a violation of my policy. No food or drink may be brought into the daycare.
Unregistered 11:10 AM 10-17-2011
Originally Posted by wdmmom:
What's wrong with Twizzlers??? Do you provide daycare for multiple children??? That's the problem. That, and it's a violation of my policy. No food or drink may be brought into the daycare.
I have a feeling she was joking. You know, making a funny. Those with a sense of humor may understand.
AfterSchoolMom 11:15 AM 10-17-2011
My neighbor's child (10yo) came to our door yesterday with one of those HUGE Monster energy drinks.
Sugar Magnolia 11:44 AM 10-17-2011
....Cuz here comes Halloween!!! I DREAD halloween because parents seem to think its ok to throw a piece of candy in the lunchbox. Oh, that reminds me, time to post the annual post-halloween reminder to fb.
Michael 12:07 PM 10-17-2011
Sugar Blues
Christian Mother 12:28 PM 10-17-2011
You should of seen me when one of my parents came in with a sucker at 7am! I told her "ummm no"..can't bring suckers, candy here in the mornings. Same excuse used...he wanted it...cried for it. Well, I'll be the mean provider and take it away! Parents can think I'm mean or I can send my kids to them with tons of candy not for just for mine but theirs too. As mom's leaving in walks another child who sees the candy and bursts out crying...all it took was for that parent to give that other parent the stink eye and me shaking my head !!

And you can bet I took that sucker away and into the garbage.

Never happened again!!
sharlan 12:29 PM 10-17-2011
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
I have a feeling she was joking. You know, making a funny. Those with a sense of humor may understand.
Yes, I was joking. Just like I was when I suggested duct taping a child on another thread. Yes, I provide care for multiple kids.

I personally don't have a big issue with what the parents give the kids on the way to my house in the morning. I still offer them a good breakfast, lunch, and snacks. They eat what they eat, I don't make an issue out of food.

One of my kids has brought in donuts for everyone 3 times in the last 6 weeks. He normally brings in enough for everyone and the kids have them with a glass of milk. Now, snack that day will be apples and cheese. I just balance it out.
sharlan 12:32 PM 10-17-2011
Originally Posted by Christian Mother:
You should of seen me when one of my parents came in with a sucker at 7am! I told her "ummm no"..can't bring suckers, candy here in the mornings. Same excuse used...he wanted it...cried for it. Well, I'll be the mean provider and take it away! Parents can think I'm mean or I can send my kids to them with tons of candy not for just for mine but theirs too. As mom's leaving in walks another child who sees the candy and bursts out crying...all it took was for that parent to give that other parent the stink eye and me shaking my head !!

And you can bet I took that sucker away and into the garbage.

Never happened again!!
I used to have a parent that brought the kid in with suckers. After the second time, I sent both Mom and child to the car and said to come back in when the sucker was gone and the face was clean. She was ticked when she was late to work. After the second time, I never saw a sucker again.
quailsgarden 02:52 PM 10-17-2011
It drives me crazy when parents do that. I had a DCG that would come every morning with GUM when she was potty training!
Kaddidle Care 04:37 PM 10-17-2011
You're missing a wonderful opportunity to Teach ladies. Go ahead and take it away but save it for the end of the day at pick up time.

Parent gets to go home with the mess, the clean up and the sugar rush that follows.
Sugar Magnolia 04:42 PM 10-17-2011
Originally Posted by Michael:
Sugar Blues
Lol!
Walkin' Blues!
wahmof3 04:48 PM 10-17-2011
Originally Posted by Kaddidle Care:
You're missing a wonderful opportunity to Teach ladies. Go ahead and take it away but save it for the end of the day at pick up time.

Parent gets to go home with the mess, the clean up and the sugar rush that follows.
hahahahaha love this!!
Tags:sugar
Reply Up