Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Unexpected Situation
Blissful Kids 01:24 PM 12-03-2012
My husband and I recently found out that we are unexpectedly expecting our third child. This came as quite a surprise, but we are still happy and know it is in God's plan. All that being said...here's where it relates to daycare. =)

I currently watch three kids (two infants and a toddler) and have my own five and two year old. I am very nervous to still watch all these kids after I have a newborn. (I know many of you watch a lot more kids than this, but I am new to this whole daycare thing, and can become overwhelmed easily.) I still want to do daycare, but am considering terming one of my infants. He will 11 months when I have my baby. He only comes three days a week, so they only pay $90 a week. The other little girl I watch is full time and I'd keep her. Her mom is very understanding if I need to go places in the mornings when I just have her. I want to enroll my son in a preschool program next fall and would need to take him a couple days a week. She would be about fifteen months after I come back from maternity leave. So I'd have a fifteen month old, my three year old, my easy afternoon only toddler, and my baby.(My other son will be in first grade.) How would I tell the other infants family I need to cut down one kid? I've already talked to my husband about it, and we think we can financially handle it. Perhaps I could take some older ones a few days a week? Thoughts from anyone else who has been in this situation? Thanks!
mom2many 01:58 PM 12-03-2012
I would just tell them that with expecting a new baby, you have decided to make some changes and won't be able to continue caring for their infant. You have to do what is best for you and if that means terming a p/t infant, that makes total sense!

When I had my 3rd baby, I had to let one family go too. I chose the one that was most difficult and was always a thorn in my side! I didn't want/need the extra stress and issues with a newborn of my own! I also found that keeping the older ones that were similar in age to my own kids helped a lot. My boys loved it & it was great being paid for them to have "play dates!" It was a win/win for all of us!
Blackcat31 02:02 PM 12-03-2012
Congratulations on your pregnancy...expected or not, what a wonderful blessing!

As far as terming, I would simply tell whomever you are terming that you need the space for your own child. Simple as that.
daycarediva 03:29 PM 12-03-2012
I couldn't legally take three under two, maybe you could word it like that and remove blame from yourself?

CONGRATULATIONS!
LittleD 06:16 AM 12-04-2012
Yep this ^^^^
Blame the ratios!
Reply Up