Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-30-2013, 11:33 AM
EntropyControlSpecialist's Avatar
EntropyControlSpecialist EntropyControlSpecialist is offline
Embracing the chaos.
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: A toasty environment!
Posts: 7,430
Default I Love My Licensor

I love her. I really do. She always shares a personal story with me, tells me everything looks beautiful, tells me my paperwork is perfect, and shows a lot of sympathy if something has happened (she came around shortly after my 3rd miscarriage last year and asked how the pregnancy was going and she asked my my soon to be ex husband was today).

I feel more appreciated by her than I do a lot of my clients. Love her!!!! Wish everyone had as great of a licensor as her. Unfortunately, she plans to retire within the next year.
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-30-2013, 11:36 AM
Heidi's Avatar
Heidi Heidi is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 6,858
Default

Wow!

My first licenser was awesome. She retired years ago, though.

My current licenser is a nice lady, and she used to be a dcp. She's as cool as she can be, but our DCF is very, very "by the book", and the licensers have no leway for anything.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-30-2013, 11:37 AM
EntropyControlSpecialist's Avatar
EntropyControlSpecialist EntropyControlSpecialist is offline
Embracing the chaos.
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: A toasty environment!
Posts: 7,430
Default

I've honestly never needed leeway with anything so I'm not sure how lenient she is when a rule is broken or not followed.

I love rules.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-30-2013, 11:37 AM
CedarCreek's Avatar
CedarCreek CedarCreek is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,529
Default

I'm so glad yours is awesome! Mine is less than awesome...lol. I swear she fights me on everything!
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-30-2013, 12:01 PM
lovemykidstoo's Avatar
lovemykidstoo lovemykidstoo is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 4,689
Default

How often do you see your licensor? I moved into our house 6 years ago and had an audit then and last time I did my renewal she didn't come out. This time I just renewed my license and she is coming. Mine is by the book for sure, but I respect that. She got me on one thing last time and that was that our back shed didn't have a padlock on it. Not bad for my licenser.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-30-2013, 12:23 PM
EntropyControlSpecialist's Avatar
EntropyControlSpecialist EntropyControlSpecialist is offline
Embracing the chaos.
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: A toasty environment!
Posts: 7,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
How often do you see your licensor? I moved into our house 6 years ago and had an audit then and last time I did my renewal she didn't come out. This time I just renewed my license and she is coming. Mine is by the book for sure, but I respect that. She got me on one thing last time and that was that our back shed didn't have a padlock on it. Not bad for my licenser.
I opened in March of last year and have seen her 4-5 times now.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-30-2013, 12:27 PM
lovemykidstoo's Avatar
lovemykidstoo lovemykidstoo is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 4,689
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyControlSpecialist View Post
I opened in March of last year and have seen her 4-5 times now.
Holy cow!! This is your state licensor? Not your food rep right?
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-30-2013, 01:05 PM
EntropyControlSpecialist's Avatar
EntropyControlSpecialist EntropyControlSpecialist is offline
Embracing the chaos.
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: A toasty environment!
Posts: 7,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
Holy cow!! This is your state licensor? Not your food rep right?
My food rep has only come 3-4 times in the past year. She comes a lot less frequently.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-30-2013, 01:07 PM
lovemykidstoo's Avatar
lovemykidstoo lovemykidstoo is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 4,689
Default

why does your state rep come so often? Are you a family daycare for 6?
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-30-2013, 01:08 PM
EntropyControlSpecialist's Avatar
EntropyControlSpecialist EntropyControlSpecialist is offline
Embracing the chaos.
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: A toasty environment!
Posts: 7,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
why does your state rep come so often? Are you a family daycare for 6?
I'm a licensed daycare and can have 12. I have 10. They check up on new daycares often in our state. Licensed daycares have to adhere to the most policies (there is listed, registered, and licensed) so I imagine that is why she comes so much. She always says she loves seeing me, so maybe she comes because she loves me. I've never had any marks made against me.

Each time it is something different and she rotates through the things. It takes her about an hour each time to 1.5 hours.
Paperwork one time, checking facilities another, checking how I interact with the kids another, etc.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-30-2013, 01:23 PM
lovemykidstoo's Avatar
lovemykidstoo lovemykidstoo is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 4,689
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyControlSpecialist View Post
I'm a licensed daycare and can have 12. I have 10. They check up on new daycares often in our state. Licensed daycares have to adhere to the most policies (there is listed, registered, and licensed) so I imagine that is why she comes so much. She always says she loves seeing me, so maybe she comes because she loves me. I've never had any marks made against me.

Each time it is something different and she rotates through the things. It takes her about an hour each time to 1.5 hours.
Paperwork one time, checking facilities another, checking how I interact with the kids another, etc.
That's great, thanks for explaining it for me. I think it would be interesting to see how often everyones licensers come. I quite frankly think it's strange that I only see mine every 6 years. Very interesting that there different types (listd, registered and licensed) in your state. I had no doubt that you haven't had any violations
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-30-2013, 01:26 PM
Country Kids's Avatar
Country Kids Country Kids is offline
Nature Lover
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 5,044
Default

We only see ours every 2 years. FCC, Certified childcares and centers are all two years unless someone calls in a complaint.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-30-2013, 02:13 PM
Meeko's Avatar
Meeko Meeko is offline
Advanced Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Utah
Posts: 4,275
Default

We see ours twice a year. One scheduled, one unannounced.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-30-2013, 04:33 PM
EntropyControlSpecialist's Avatar
EntropyControlSpecialist EntropyControlSpecialist is offline
Embracing the chaos.
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: A toasty environment!
Posts: 7,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
That's great, thanks for explaining it for me. I think it would be interesting to see how often everyones licensers come. I quite frankly think it's strange that I only see mine every 6 years. Very interesting that there different types (listd, registered and licensed) in your state. I had no doubt that you haven't had any violations
Ohhh every 6 years! That is crazy to me!
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-30-2013, 04:33 PM
EntropyControlSpecialist's Avatar
EntropyControlSpecialist EntropyControlSpecialist is offline
Embracing the chaos.
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: A toasty environment!
Posts: 7,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Kids View Post
We only see ours every 2 years. FCC, Certified childcares and centers are all two years unless someone calls in a complaint.
I would be seeing mine way more if there was a complaint!

None of ours past our initial one are scheduled. They are all unannounced.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-30-2013, 04:40 PM
lovemykidstoo's Avatar
lovemykidstoo lovemykidstoo is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 4,689
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by EntropyControlSpecialist View Post
Ohhh every 6 years! That is crazy to me!
I totally agree. I even told my licenser that I thought it was scary that they never come. There must be such few funds or something.
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-30-2013, 04:48 PM
EntropyControlSpecialist's Avatar
EntropyControlSpecialist EntropyControlSpecialist is offline
Embracing the chaos.
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: A toasty environment!
Posts: 7,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
I totally agree. I even told my licenser that I thought it was scary that they never come. There must be such few funds or something.
I didn't even think of that. That could very well be the case!
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-31-2013, 07:11 AM
melilley's Avatar
melilley melilley is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
I totally agree. I even told my licenser that I thought it was scary that they never come. There must be such few funds or something.
I'm in MI too and from reading this post and previous posts I think MI has the least requirements. The food rep comes more than licensing! I thought it was weird that in MI, if you have get a license for 6 that they give you your license and then come within 90 days for an inspection. You would think it would be the other way around!
As for your question, my licensor came yesterday (I received my license Jan. 15 and just opened) and she was awesome! You may have had her for the orientation that we have to go to before opening. She told stories of her kids and animals and had conversation with my husband. But at the same time she did go through everything for licensing. The only thing I got cited for was water temp. I did check it like a month ago and totally forgot to check again...totally my fault!
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-31-2013, 08:41 AM
lovemykidstoo's Avatar
lovemykidstoo lovemykidstoo is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 4,689
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by melilley View Post
I'm in MI too and from reading this post and previous posts I think MI has the least requirements. The food rep comes more than licensing! I thought it was weird that in MI, if you have get a license for 6 that they give you your license and then come within 90 days for an inspection. You would think it would be the other way around!
As for your question, my licensor came yesterday (I received my license Jan. 15 and just opened) and she was awesome! You may have had her for the orientation that we have to go to before opening. She told stories of her kids and animals and had conversation with my husband. But at the same time she did go through everything for licensing. The only thing I got cited for was water temp. I did check it like a month ago and totally forgot to check again...totally my fault!
I hate the water temp thing!! It's so hard because my family likes the water heater warmer because they're is 4 of us and if we don't do that then we run out of hot water so fast, but i have to have it down to satisfy licensing. I looked into the thing that attaches to your faucet to control the temp, but it doesn't seem to work on the newer type faucets. Any ideas?

I agree too, I see my food rep 3 times a year.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-31-2013, 10:45 AM
melilley's Avatar
melilley melilley is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 5,018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovemykidstoo View Post
I hate the water temp thing!! It's so hard because my family likes the water heater warmer because they're is 4 of us and if we don't do that then we run out of hot water so fast, but i have to have it down to satisfy licensing. I looked into the thing that attaches to your faucet to control the temp, but it doesn't seem to work on the newer type faucets. Any ideas?

I agree too, I see my food rep 3 times a year.
I have no idea on how to control the temp! I know, there are 3 of us who use hot water. I just turned it down yesterday so I'm not sure how much hot water we will get. I have never heard of something that you can put on your faucet, mine are all new so it probably won't fit like you said. It would be great though, the kids can only use one of my sinks and they need a stool so they wouldn't be using any other sinks. Oh well, I guess we will have to live with it...lol
Reply With Quote
  #21  
Old 01-31-2013, 10:52 AM
lovemykidstoo's Avatar
lovemykidstoo lovemykidstoo is offline
Daycare.com Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: U.S.
Posts: 4,689
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by melilley View Post
I have no idea on how to control the temp! I know, there are 3 of us who use hot water. I just turned it down yesterday so I'm not sure how much hot water we will get. I have never heard of something that you can put on your faucet, mine are all new so it probably won't fit like you said. It would be great though, the kids can only use one of my sinks and they need a stool so they wouldn't be using any other sinks. Oh well, I guess we will have to live with it...lol
It's called something like a scald protector or something and it is supposed to screw onto your faucet. I think the idea is that it only lets so much hot water through at a time. Like 1/4 of the water is hot and 3/4 is cold, so they can't get burned. Pretty cool, but they need to come up with something to fit the newer faucets.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
licensor

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Love These Parents! Country Kids Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 2 10-26-2012 07:10 PM
I LOVE Part Timers!!! Nickel Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 9 09-17-2012 01:21 PM
I Love My Days, My "Kids" And My Life! mickey2 Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 9 02-10-2011 11:37 AM
Can Anyone Relate to This? mncare Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 17 09-02-2010 12:49 PM
Just Got My MGT Bus!! I Love It!! SunflowerMama Daycare Center and Family Home Forum 22 08-25-2010 05:43 AM


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:45 AM.



Daycare.com         Find A Daycare         List Your Daycare         Toys & Products                 About Us

Daycare.com
Please read our Disclaimer before continuing.

Topics pertain mainly to the following States:

Alabama Alaska Arizona Arkansas California Colorado Connecticut Delaware District of Columbia Florida Georgia Hawaii Idaho Illinois Indiana Iowa Kansas Kentucky Louisiana Maine Maryland Massachusetts Michigan Minnesota Mississippi Missouri Montana Nebraska Nevada New Hampshire New Jersey New Mexico New York North Carolina North Dakota Ohio Oklahoma Oregon Pennsylvania Rhode Island South Carolina South Dakota Tennessee Texas Utah Vermont Virginia Washington West Virginia Wisconsin Wyoming