Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Can State Assistance Program Do This?
WoodOx 12:33 PM 05-23-2013
Ok, i recently started with a family whom is on state assistance. the mom's schedule is not consistent, the days she works is anywhere from 3 to 6 days per week, some weeks she works weekends. but regardless the kids are here 3-4days during the week.
the state only approved 9full days for the month!!!
I told mom to call them about it, they tell her its 9 days because i don't care for them on weekends.
this does not make sense to me.
so mom and i agree to weekend care, so they approved 18days.
i find it unfair that just because i was not doing weekend care, they only cover 9 days.
they were scheduled to attend 14 days during the week this month not counting weekends.
i am in Washington state.

any idea / advice on why this is.

thanks in advanced. and sorry for lack of emoticons[using my 3ds browser]
MarinaVanessa 12:41 PM 05-23-2013
What does your contract with the subsidy program say?

Every program can be different. For example some might only approve a specific amount of hours per week while others do it by days per month, some may pay a flat weekly rate because that is how you charge while others will only cover the days that the child was in care even though you charge a flat weekly rate, some will allow you to charge the client for whatever the program doesn't cover while others may not allow that etc. I'd go back and read through the contract that you signed with the program and see what it says. I would also place a call myself to the program, I never take a clients word for anything. I have to hear it for myself.
Cradle2crayons 12:47 PM 05-23-2013
My states program approves them for either pt or ft and then I turn in the sign in forms and they re imburse me for the days the kids actually attend.

I have one that's part time but she's approved for full time. She's on a medical waiver which means she doesn't get her benefits cancelled if she misses more than three days of care.

I have a sibling group of three and they are full time mon through Friday. Same thing there, the mom pays me the difference up front, pays them the copayment, and we do the sign in sign out sheets.

I've never heard of them approving for 9 days a month when mom works 16 or something like that. Full time here is 4 to 5 days.. And part time is 2 to 3 days.
WoodOx 12:54 PM 05-23-2013
Right, i will call them to check why this is, but i had a previous family with similar schedule, they worked weekends, but i did not provide care on weekends and they covered 19days per month except i could not claim absence's.
So its confusing for them to say since i don't have them on weekends they would cover 9 days.
I dont want to do weekend care, the DCM knows this, she feels bad about it.
also they just about always cover the days the kids will be here, weather the parents work weekends too.
i will go ahead and call up the state, i just dislike being put on hold for 15plus mins.
thanks mariavanessa.
WoodOx 01:02 PM 05-23-2013
Originally Posted by Cradle2crayons:
My states program approves them for either pt or ft and then I turn in the sign in forms and they re imburse me for the days the kids actually attend.

I have one that's part time but she's approved for full time. She's on a medical waiver which means she doesn't get her benefits cancelled if she misses more than three days of care.

I have a sibling group of three and they are full time mon through Friday. Same thing there, the mom pays me the difference up front, pays them the copayment, and we do the sign in sign out sheets.

I've never heard of them approving for 9 days a month when mom works 16 or something like that. Full time here is 4 to 5 days.. And part time is 2 to 3 days.
they way it works here is, 22full days is considered Full time amd I can claim 5 absence's.
if they are less days, like say 18 days, and the kids miss days, i can't claim those, only the days they attend. same with half days only days they attend can be claimed no more than that.
i get the invoice at the end of each month, call the automated phone.
i do have to keep attendance sheets but i don't have to submit them unless they request them.
grandmom 02:09 PM 05-23-2013

i am in Washington state.

I'm sending you a pm.
Leigh 02:18 PM 05-23-2013
I have found, honestly, that how many hours approved depends solely on what kind of mood the person at Child Care Services is in that day. I had a cert. for 210 hours a month (for a year it was here) change to 130 for when foster dad started working MORE hours per week. Once they make their decision, they rarely change it, too. Fair? Ha. I have yet to see fair with this department.
Reply Up