Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Spring Cleaning and Organizing-
My3cents 12:01 PM 04-01-2014
What is your best organizing solution?

It is that time of the year and I am thinking Spring Cleaning, declutter, organize etc....

Tips, idea, solutions-

One of my favorite products is Magic eraser.

A boot tray is helpful to me for wet muddy shoes

Lets share our favorite ideas on spring cleaning and products and organizing solutions that work well in our daycare settings- and motivation ideas-
butterfly 12:32 PM 04-01-2014
best thing is decluttering and downsizing. I just donated a ton of stuff to a local pregnancy help center. It gets to feel claustrophobic around here with all the daycare stuff.

I'm looking at putting casters on old dresser drawers for under the bed storage in my kids rooms to hold out of season clothes, etc.
My3cents 02:29 PM 04-01-2014
I so agree declutter and down sizing. I need to go through my books and just get rid of the books that are in ruff shape or not looked at. Same with toys.

I put away March stuff today and out came the April and that was a nice change. I am feeling that Spring madness, Spring Cleaning, etc...

Thanks for sharing~ Bumping this up for more ideas
BumbleBee 02:51 PM 04-01-2014
Getting rid of stuff. I have to much stuff and not enough room sooooooo definately decluttering is my "spring cleaning tip."
AslansG1rl 05:13 PM 04-01-2014
I use a 3 box method.

The boxes are labeled as:

Donation:
All items that aren't used or that don't have a place to in here and will be donated.

Storage: Items that are used, I want kept, but not out for a while go in here, and are then packed away.

Keep: these are items that don't yet have a place but I want kept out. They go in the box until I find an appropriate place for them.
itlw8 08:25 AM 04-02-2014
still decluttering...I brought too much home rom my Moms house when she died I need to let it go or get rid of my stuff.
My3cents 10:26 AM 04-02-2014
Originally Posted by AslansG1rl:
I use a 3 box method.

The boxes are labeled as:

Donation:
All items that aren't used or that don't have a place to in here and will be donated.

Storage: Items that are used, I want kept, but not out for a while go in here, and are then packed away.

Keep: these are items that don't yet have a place but I want kept out. They go in the box until I find an appropriate place for them.
this is good. Thanks for sharing-
Luna 10:35 AM 04-02-2014
I tell myself I'm cleaning for some important guest (Queen Elizabeth, usually) and that helps me change my viewpoint. When something has been sitting out of place for a long time, it just becomes part of the scenery to me and I stop noticing it.
Taking a picture helps me too. I look at it as if I'm submitting it to a magazine or something where a lot of people will see it and judge it.
My new favourite product is Barkeepers Friend. I've been using it to clean some pots that I thought were hopelessly discoloured. Magic Eraser is wonderful too
I do most of my general cleaning with microfibre cloths and plain water. It means I'm not carrying around a bunch of products and it really works well.
craftymissbeth 11:39 AM 04-02-2014
Last weekend I went through my kitchen cabinets and put all of the food I could into plastic containers. I tried to find a link to the ones I bought, but couldn't find them on the Wal-Mart website. They were less than $2 each and I bought 8 of them My cabinets look so clean and organized, though! And I'm always worried I'm going to open something up and it'll have ants or other creepy crawlies in it.
Reply Up