Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Wait List
spinnymarie 07:39 AM 05-09-2014
Where do you keep your wait list? Computer file with peoples names and contact info and daycare needs and date you spoke? Something I'm missing? And I've been asking if people want to be placed on the wait list that I'm actually just declining, should I keep record of them as well?
MarinaVanessa 07:46 AM 05-09-2014
I have an "interview" folder that I keep on top of my file cabinet in the living room and that's where I keep my waiting list. I also keep call logs and interview logs stapled together for each family. This helps me keep track of who is who. When I need to pull someone from my wait list I also have their info so I can decide to call or not.
spud912 10:07 AM 05-09-2014
I do an Excel spreadsheet with their names, contact info, how many children, their ages and names, hours and days needing child care, and anything else that will help remind me who they are.
butterfly 10:14 AM 05-09-2014
I just use the back few "note" pages in my calendar/planner that I keep by the phone. I make sure I have name/phone number, current age of child, when they are looking for care, the price I quoted them (sometimes I quote a little higher than my current rate) and the date i talked to them. I'll also make note of my "feel" while talking to the client on the phone. Or anything else that stuck out to me in our conversation.
CraftyMom 10:18 AM 05-09-2014
I don't have an actual list. I have my interview sheet and I put a star on it and add it to a separate folder if all went well and they are interested and would like to be called in the future.
nothingwithoutjoy 04:51 PM 05-09-2014
I used to keep an Excel spreadsheet, even managed to program it to figure out the kids' current age from their birthday (not an easy feat for not-so-spreadsheet-savvy me). But I found I wasn't using it enough for it to really make sense. I don't really work down a wait list from top to bottom--I need to look at how many/which days they want, how old the kid is, etc., so I'd rather shuffle actual paper.

I've created a "call sheet" that I keep on a clipboard by the phone (names, age, date, days needed, etc, plus all my notes regarding any conversations we've had) that I use any time someone calls or emails. I've now set up a collection of folders. One is for call sheets I call "initial contact only"--i.e. they called, I left a return message. One is "wait list with application"--i.e. they've visited, filled out an application, we're ready to go if I should have an opening. One is "wait list without application"--I added that when my wait list was really full and people started saying "call me if something changes" before they'd even come to visit. I call them only if I've called everyone in the application folder. One is "no longer want space"--I move papers there after we've established they or I am not interested (don't know why I keep them, but I figure I might get curious about something sounding familiar later down the line or something).
KiddieCahoots 05:44 PM 05-09-2014
I just keep the sticky notes with their names, date, time of care needed, age of child, sex, address, and phone number in my registration file.
After reading every body else's method, I'm thinking I should get better organized.
spinnymarie 07:06 AM 05-12-2014
Thanks for the ideas I like the separate folders idea, that makes a lot of sense.
childcaremom 07:22 AM 05-12-2014
I only have one folder where I keep notes on who they are, age of children, when they want care to start, hours needed, etc.

I do keep track of people that I have had contact with, too, because many times these people end up back looking for care in a few months. Those are my 'red flag' clients that I don't bother with. I've actually had this happen too many times to count.
Second Home 07:27 AM 05-12-2014
I keep papers in my emergency folder to fill out when doing a phone interview . I list any additional info like wanting to be contacted when I have an opening on that sheet . I like having all my stuff in 1 binder , less mess and dc stuff to keep track of .
Reply Up