Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>It Has Started :(
Josiegirl 03:41 AM 11-08-2014
Officially we now have the Christmas season. We were watching the birds at the feeders we'd put out yesterday. Then we were watching the magic of a few flakes of snow fall, then a few more. We already had pumpkin bread in the oven baking. So I *had* to search for a Christmas CD. You should have seen their little faces light up when they heard Jingle Bells playing.

So if you ever start having a lull in your day or the kids start getting testy, put on Jingle Bells and watch them dance their grumpies away.

A nice way to end the week, despite the fact I'm a person to grumble when I see Christmas decorations alongside Halloween candy in the stores.
Luna 05:53 AM 11-08-2014
There are a bunch of "just music" stations on TV and I put the kids music channel on during free play. Every year they sacrifice the kids music channel for Christmas music and it switched over this week. Here we go!
daycarediva 06:05 AM 11-08-2014
I refuse until after Thanksgiving.

We did gobble like turkeys after learning a new rhyme. ALL.DAY.LONG.
Rockgirl 07:07 AM 11-08-2014
Originally Posted by daycarediva:
I refuse until after Thanksgiving.

We did gobble like turkeys after learning a new rhyme. ALL.DAY.LONG.
We wait till after Thanksgiving, too. I did see a house decorated with garlands and red bows this morning when I was out running. Maybe they were just taking advantage of nice weather, but I wasn't quite ready to see it!
CraftyMom 07:27 AM 11-08-2014
I like to have music playing during the day, yesterday I asked the kids what they wanted to hear...Rudolph was our CD of choice, I caved! I have to admit I was enjoying it
daycare 07:47 AM 11-08-2014
It was 83 here almost everyday this week
A good song for them is let's go swimming now.

All of the kids hope their parents will heat up their pool so they can swim.

I just want rain. At least
EchoMom 11:14 AM 11-08-2014
I'm so happy to see Christmas retail has begun. That means it's almost baby time for me! I'm due right brute Christmas. Only 6 weeks till due date! And I still haven't mentioned it to and parents! They know I'll be closed for 2 weeks but they just assume it's for the holidays. I guess they all just think im so fat, or just don't even notice since my mom/partner has taken over the drop off/pick up role. I'll be so happy to finish being pregnant! Just hope baby isn't late!!
Josiegirl 11:34 AM 11-08-2014
Congratulations EchoMom! How does one become 7 1/2 months pregnant without people noticing or saying anything??? Maybe they figure you'd say something if you were so are afraid to say something in case you're not. Lol
Do you have all your Christmas shopping done? I was due at Thanksgiving one year> That's the only year I ever had all my shopping done and wrapped that early.
Wednesday! 01:19 PM 11-08-2014
We had Christmas stuff in stores BEFORE LABOR DAY. For reals. It's nuts.
EchoMom 05:47 PM 11-08-2014
LOL Josiegirl; Well, I think they don't notice I'm 8 months pregnant because I'm obese, tall so I don't show until late, wear loose clothes, we have always done very quick pick up and drop offs at the door or outside, and have actually only lost weight pregnant. And since my mom is my partner, she's taken over the majority of parent interactions. If asked, I wouldn't lie about it. I'm not hiding it, I'm just not announcing it lol. I'm around, just not in the forefront. I gave them all plenty of notice we're closing for 2 weeks over the holidays, which we've never done before. And I talk about the baby openly in front of the kids so for the 2 who can talk, they could say stuff to their parents. I even did interviews about a month ago, signed on 2 newborns, I was there, walking around and they never asked so I just never said anything. Guess they just think I'm really fat.

I honestly just think the families we have are just too into themselves to notice, and we just aren't a chummy buddy buddy kind of daycare. Very clear boundaries and personal info just really isn't shared in either direction, which I like (wasn't like that in the beginning, and I learned the hard way!).

At this point, it's kind of become a fun game.. LOL, I know, I'm probably weird. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them never even noticed I have a 2nd child until spring when we go back to doing outside drop off and pick ups and my baby is out and they ask who's the new kid and I say, MINE! LOL :P
CraftyMom 07:37 PM 11-08-2014
Originally Posted by EchoMom:
LOL Josiegirl; Well, I think they don't notice I'm 8 months pregnant because I'm obese, tall so I don't show until late, wear loose clothes, we have always done very quick pick up and drop offs at the door or outside, and have actually only lost weight pregnant. And since my mom is my partner, she's taken over the majority of parent interactions. If asked, I wouldn't lie about it. I'm not hiding it, I'm just not announcing it lol. I'm around, just not in the forefront. I gave them all plenty of notice we're closing for 2 weeks over the holidays, which we've never done before. And I talk about the baby openly in front of the kids so for the 2 who can talk, they could say stuff to their parents. I even did interviews about a month ago, signed on 2 newborns, I was there, walking around and they never asked so I just never said anything. Guess they just think I'm really fat.

I honestly just think the families we have are just too into themselves to notice, and we just aren't a chummy buddy buddy kind of daycare. Very clear boundaries and personal info just really isn't shared in either direction, which I like (wasn't like that in the beginning, and I learned the hard way!).

At this point, it's kind of become a fun game.. LOL, I know, I'm probably weird. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them never even noticed I have a 2nd child until spring when we go back to doing outside drop off and pick ups and my baby is out and they ask who's the new kid and I say, MINE! LOL :P
Sounds like a fun game lol

You really aren't telling them though? What if your baby's birth doesn't line up with your 2 weeks off?
Josiegirl 03:23 AM 11-09-2014
That's what I was wondering too! My firstborn was 2 1/2 weeks late! Wonderful time of the year to have a baby though, so magical and filled with Blessings.
EchoMom 05:02 AM 11-09-2014
Well, as I said, if asked I'm not going to lie about it. I'm not hiding it, just not announcing it. I'm frankly surprised I haven't heard any thing about it from the parents of the 3 and 4 year old families because I talk about baby in front of them. I dunno, these parents are clueless but that's ok, they are all well trained DCP that follow the rules, never argue a policy, and aren't buddy buddy with me. Took me 3 years to get to that point of not being walked on.

Anyway, if baby comes late or early it will suck if my 2 week closing is a waste. My mom/partner will just have to pick up the slack and we'll deal With it one day at a time. Some familIes have been with me 2 years now. If they have to wait at the door a little longer until my mom can answer, she'll just tell them, sorry for your wait, my daughter's having her baby today! :P

I hope I get to put my newborn under the Christmas tree!
Wednesday! 11:32 AM 11-09-2014
I'm betting they know or at least suspect, but won't ask because it's socially unacceptable to ask someone if they're pregnant. They're probably afraid they're wrong and will offend you!
Soccermom 09:21 AM 11-10-2014
Originally Posted by Wednesday:
I'm betting they know or at least suspect, but won't ask because it's socially unacceptable to ask someone if they're pregnant. They're probably afraid they're wrong and will offend you!
That is what I was thinking too. They are probably going crazy waiting for you to announce it so they can congratulate you LOL
CraftyMom 09:31 AM 11-10-2014
Originally Posted by Soccermom:
That is what I was thinking too. They are probably going crazy waiting for you to announce it so they can congratulate you LOL

Congratulations!
Jazminsdaycare 10:31 AM 11-10-2014
Originally Posted by daycare:
It was 83 here almost everyday this week
A good song for them is let's go swimming now.

All of the kids hope their parents will heat up their pool so they can swim.

I just want rain. At least
we just went to DL last week and it was actually really cold for us! ( I think like 60) at night
well we bundled up because our noses were running from the cold
and then I noticed that some people were running around in shorts and shirts
so I did an unofficial poll and asked several people were they were from
yep!
New York, Chicago, Maine, etc. and all of us shivering in our jackets were from Southern Calif.
I just want it to rain too and I want to wear scarves, gloves, and light my fireplace!

Reply Up