Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Constant Bickering
Baby Beluga 04:06 PM 03-18-2015
My children have done nothing but bicker all.day.long. Holy cow I am not sure how much longer I can take this.
daycare 04:10 PM 03-18-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Beluga:
My children have done nothing but bicker all.day.long. Holy cow I am not sure how much longer I can take this.
how old are the kids and what are they bicker about? Sorry not too sure what bicker means. Like complaining?
bananas 05:15 PM 03-18-2015
I've got 4 very verbal (almost) 3 year old girls….I hear ya! The latest is, "You can't come to my birthday anymore!" Girls are brutal. The boys I used to have did a lot of pushing, growling, hitting, etc….but I'm not sure which is worse?!?

I bombard the "victim" with attention and give no attention to the one doing the "victimizing."

When things get really bad I tell the kids to play the quiet contest and the winner gets a jelly bean Works every time!
Josiegirl 04:17 AM 03-19-2015
I get that here some days too. Seems like it's been happening a lot more lately though. I seriously think we are in need of outdoor time. We went out twice yesterday but the wind was blowing like crazy and it was only about 15 out. I'm sure the wind chill was below 0 but we desperately needed a few minutes of running around fresh air time.
Come on Spring!!
Baby Beluga 06:37 AM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
how old are the kids and what are they bicker about? Sorry not too sure what bicker means. Like complaining?
Yes, similar to complaining.

I have a 20 month old who is not very verbal (I have heard about 10 words) and a 2, 2.5, 3 and 3.5 year old who are all very verbal.

Two of the children are siblings and the rest are only children.

They have been bickering at each other for the smallest things.

"He/she is too close to me"
"He/she touched me"
"He/she said xyz"

And they don't say it in a manner which sounds like they are just commenting. They say it in a complaining/upset tone, if that makes any sense?

They fight when they play with toys and then they fight when they clean them up.

And one of my 3 year old girls cannot let anything go. For example, someone will touch her (she can't stand being touched). She will use her words and say "do not touch me, I don't like it" and walk away. THEN she spends the rest of the day chasing the kid around when she remembers what the child did and will repeat "do no touch me I do not like it." I have never encountered that before.

And so on and so on. This is semi recent for this group and it's driving me bonkers

Overall they are good kids. I don't have any issues with hitting, biting or any violence. Just bickering. Maybe I should consider myself lucky?
Baby Beluga 06:40 AM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by bananas:
I've got 4 very verbal (almost) 3 year old girls….I hear ya! The latest is, "You can't come to my birthday anymore!" Girls are brutal. The boys I used to have did a lot of pushing, growling, hitting, etc….but I'm not sure which is worse?!?

I bombard the "victim" with attention and give no attention to the one doing the "victimizing."

When things get really bad I tell the kids to play the quiet contest and the winner gets a jelly bean Works every time
!

daycare 07:46 AM 03-19-2015
ok got it...

Honestly, I don't ever have that with my kids. I guess if they were doing that, my kids are old enough to work it out themselves.

if i saw something like that, then I would have everyone put toys away, time to dance, color, etc.

If it was that bad, I might say, wow I hear a lot of very tired children, lets nap.

Sorry I don't think I am much help....
laundrymom 10:12 AM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by daycare:
ok got it

If it was that bad, I might say, wow I hear a lot of very tired children, lets nap.
I'm not the only one?!?!?!
Baby Beluga 02:20 PM 03-19-2015
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
I'm not the only one?!?!?!
Maybe I should start this?
Tags:bickering
Reply Up