Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Constipated Kid That Poops Every Hour On The Hour!
crazydaycarelady 03:37 PM 03-19-2015
I am sooo tired of this! This child should be potty trained but is not. He is constipated so he ends up pooping constantly just a little rock size turd that stinks up the whole house. All. Day. Long.

It am so fed up with it. Any ideas?
LysesKids 03:45 PM 03-19-2015
For one, I'm thinking he doesn't drink enough water; two, do you give yogurt for snacks? The probiotics will sometimes move things along without going the Mirilax route and it could help with the stink after the stomach settles down.

I have a little one that ages out tomorrow.... 2 weekends ago she had her first fast food (all weekend due to older sissy's competition and the venue); took 2 days of pumping water & yogurt before she could go & boy did the first one hurt... I felt so bad, but it worked. Now her new "school" serves none of the organic or ethnic foods I do, so mom's packing Bento lunches in order to avoid another constipation issue.
crazydaycarelady 04:02 PM 03-19-2015
I did give him yogurt today. Now I don't see him again until Monday. This is the kid who I mentioned last week who has not gained any weight in 3 mos. Dcm won't give dcb the doctor recommended Pedia-Sure because it is too high in sugar. I am just so frustrated with this kid and family!
Leigh 04:43 PM 03-19-2015
Fill him up with canned Mandarin oranges-I see the WORST diapers after kids eat these! Seriously, it works. You could feed prunes or other "laxative" type foods.
Tags:constipated, laxative
Reply Up