Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Alternative to Changing Pad
NorthernMNgal 12:08 PM 03-20-2015
My changing pad is falling apart so I need to either get a new one or find something else. I have heard of providers using a waterproof crib protector sheet cut into squares that they then spray with the bleach spray. Using one for each kid. Does anyone else do this and where do I find one? I like the idea of not having to store the big changing pad as I just have it tucked away in the living room.
laundrymom 12:10 PM 03-20-2015
Watching this thread as I just use a kindermat
Blackcat31 12:24 PM 03-20-2015
Lately, I've been using an old yoga mat.

Wipes clean easily, is comfy for the kids, more than big enough and rolls nicely for easy storage and access.
Thriftylady 12:25 PM 03-20-2015
I'm watching this one also!
laundrymom 12:29 PM 03-20-2015
Originally Posted by Blackcat31:
Lately, I've been using an old yoga mat.

Wipes clean easily, is comfy for the kids, more than big enough and rolls nicely for easy storage and access.
My lady won't let me do a yoga mat. :-(
She says I can't sanitize it. So I'm stuck w the crinkly kindermat.
Unregistered 01:06 PM 03-20-2015
pnp mat?
Unregistered 01:59 PM 03-20-2015
Vinyl tablecloth cut to the size you want. You can use it on a changing table, a sofa, or floor.
Bleachable plus toss it inthe laundry as needed. IIRC I cut 4 out of a large rectangular tablecloth.

you can also buy it by the yard at fabric or craft store.
daycare 02:00 PM 03-20-2015
When my old one ripped up, I went to hobby lobby and bought a very thick plastic like material and made like a pillow case out of it that slipped right over the foam. I can just spray and be done with it.

It is very heavy duty
Thriftylady 02:01 PM 03-20-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Vinyl tablecloth cut to the size you want. You can use it on a changing table, a sofa, or floor.
Bleachable plus toss it inthe laundry as needed. IIRC I cut 4 out of a large rectangular tablecloth.

you can also buy it by the yard at fabric or craft store.
I was wondering about that. I had a cheap one once and washed it and it fell apart, but a good one might be a different story.
Meeko 03:19 PM 03-20-2015
Folding table covered in a plastic fitted tablecloth and then covered with a piece of clear plexiglass. Smooth and easy to clean

I change the fitted tablecloth (from Miles Kimball catalog) depending on the season. I have a Christmas one, Easter one etc.
Leigh 03:38 PM 03-20-2015
Someone here had suggested the waxed paper sheets from a restaurant supply. I just bought some, and how convenient! I just roll it up around the diaper before I put it in the disposal bag.
MrsSteinel'sHouse 04:31 AM 03-21-2015
I have used wax paper before. I have a changing pad on my dryer. The only problem I have is that if I use bleach it tends to stick in the little grooves and the next kid has bleach marks so I use clorox wipes.
Gemma 04:34 AM 03-21-2015
I need the cushion so I'm stuck with the changing mat
AuntTami 07:21 AM 03-21-2015
We have a large buffet that I've transformed into my station. each kiddo has one of those portable pads from diaper bags that I use.
Thriftylady 11:49 AM 03-21-2015
Originally Posted by AuntTami:
We have a large buffet that I've transformed into my station. each kiddo has one of those portable pads from diaper bags that I use.
Is there a place to just buy those little portable mats? If I could find something small enough I liked I would give each child in diapers on in their cubby.
Josiegirl 01:03 PM 03-21-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Is there a place to just buy those little portable mats? If I could find something small enough I liked I would give each child in diapers on in their cubby.
I was lucky enough to pick one up in a thrift store. They had several, wish I'd bought more as mine is wearing out too.
Unregistered 09:20 AM 03-23-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Yes!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Shell 09:23 AM 03-23-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Yes!
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
these are the ones I use. One for each kid, easy to sanitize, fold up nicely, and I store in their cubby.
NorthernMNgal 10:26 AM 03-23-2015
Originally Posted by Shell:
these are the ones I use. One for each kid, easy to sanitize, fold up nicely, and I store in their cubby.
That's just the type of thing I was looking for! I like that they can be hidden with their diapers. Thanks!
Shell 10:49 AM 03-23-2015
Originally Posted by NorthernMNgal:
That's just the type of thing I was looking for! I like that they can be hidden with their diapers. Thanks!
Glad I could help, but unregistered gets the credit for the link

I think you will love these- they even have a tag on the inside that I use to write each child's name on.
laundrymom 11:28 AM 03-23-2015
Originally Posted by Meeko:
Folding table covered in a plastic fitted tablecloth and then covered with a piece of clear plexiglass. Smooth and easy to clean

I change the fitted tablecloth (from Miles Kimball catalog) depending on the season. I have a Christmas one, Easter one etc.
Brilliant idea!!!! Stealing for new house!!!
scorp122 05:23 PM 03-23-2015
I just use a plastic table placemat, and use bleach on it when i am done, or use a paper towel, small and easy to store!
Reply Up