Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>to term or not to term?
Unregistered 12:21 PM 04-20-2015
Ive read through new and old threads before on this topic, some leaning in the favor of my situation some against. Just because i don't want to assume and stay stuck in this situation or term under the wrong circumstances i thought id hopefully get a quick tally maybe idk?
so the situation with dcb/dcm

1. dcb screams 85% of the time she is independently playing
i feel this is long drawn out and has been a major stressor on my other 2 older dcks who just stop what they are doing completely and can't concentrate when that sound fills the house.

2. dcm has been informed multiple times about the fact that i HAVE to have scheduled naps for all children per state rules, and dcb has not been sleeping at all in crib. dcm says put her on her stomach i say I'm not allowed, she can when she can turn over....she can't turn over yet.

3. dcm has dcb scheduled to eat large amounts every 2 hours, which is time consuming but i work with it because its scheduled but dcm still brings dcb hungry or not hungry which throughs of the day, she will want to eat this earlier or whatever. which is just not ideal with the program i want to run.

4. dcb has "allergies" and is "teething" and has been since 2 months since mom. and she may totally be but I've seen no note and I've got no medicines and she is getting no better. not that big of a deal but i asked for a doctors note stating she has allergies at her last visit. dcm says the office refused to give her one..

the biggest thing is that this dcb takes up at least 50% of my time, when I've got 2 other infants and 2 other preschoolers besides her and i don't feel dcm is working to help dcb adapt. Ive been thinking a lot about terming because i don't think this is healthy for my dcks or me or the program I'm running or the dcb. if i were a nanny id hold that baby all day long but she is in a group setting so i feel this obligation to get her USED TO a group setting? is this just me?

dcm is happy with care i believe but i don't think this is right for anyone or should i do something I'm not? if i termed I'm afraid shed be like where did this come from you love my dcb.

advice about to term or not to term?
Thriftylady 12:50 PM 04-20-2015
DCM is happy with your care because she is running your show. You need to decide if YOU want to term or not. If you want you can try a probation period and say XYZ needs to change by X date or I will terminate. If you don't want to try that, give notice now. Just be sure to give the notice required in your contract.
Shell 01:06 PM 04-20-2015
Every time I even think about taking an infant, I read a thread like this, and it makes me so hesitant!

I would be fed up with this scenario, and I have been in this situation before.

I agree with the advice to give them a time period to essentially shape up, or they are out. Let dcm know that this is group care, and they must follow YOUR rules and regulations- they don't call the shots.

I have dealt with that crap with allergies and teething myself, and it didn't work in the long run. I find parents that keep pushing boundaries with sickness aren't the types I like to work with.
Thriftylady 01:11 PM 04-20-2015
Originally Posted by Shell:
Every time I even think about taking an infant, I read a thread like this, and it makes me so hesitant!

I would be fed up with this scenario, and I have been in this situation before.

I agree with the advice to give them a time period to essentially shape up, or they are out. Let dcm know that this is group care, and they must follow YOUR rules and regulations- they don't call the shots.

I have dealt with that crap with allergies and teething myself, and it didn't work in the long run. I find parents that keep pushing boundaries with sickness aren't the types I like to work with.
Yep I started a new 12 month old today. Yesterday at paper drop off mom said "and I need to tell you she has to be held to go to sleep". I told mom directly "this is group care and I can't do that in group care, you have a right to ask for it, but if that is what you want you are going to need a nanny". In a split second she said "yeah okay I understand". They will ask us to do stuff, but we don't have to do it.
DaisyMamma 02:03 PM 04-20-2015
Oh man. Sounds like you will be 100% happier when you term.
grandmom 03:13 PM 04-20-2015
Read your own post out loud. You know what you need to do.
Thriftylady 03:23 PM 04-20-2015
Originally Posted by grandmom:
Read your own post out loud. You know what you need to do.
OH such simple and wonderful advice! I think sometimes we really get where we can't see the forest for the trees. Or the nightmare parents as the case may be.
Unregistered 04:12 PM 04-20-2015
LOL well then i guess y'all have a point. A better question would be what exactly would my term letter say.
Thriftylady 04:15 PM 04-20-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
LOL well then i guess y'all have a point. A better question would be what exactly would my term letter say.
Dear pathetic DCM:

I regret to inform you that after XXX date I will no longer be able to providecare for little snowflake, my program does not seem to be the best fit for him. Please remember that as per our contract you still owe your full fee until the two week notice is over. If you need the number to the resource and referral agency it is XXX XXXX. I have enjoyed having your child in my care.
Unregistered 04:43 PM 04-20-2015
Originally Posted by Thriftylady:
Dear pathetic DCM:

I regret to inform you that after XXX date I will no longer be able to providecare for little snowflake, my program does not seem to be the best fit for him. Please remember that as per our contract you still owe your full fee until the two week notice is over. If you need the number to the resource and referral agency it is XXX XXXX. I have enjoyed having your child in my care.

Sweet and simple. Thank you very much. Perfect!
Thriftylady 04:52 PM 04-20-2015
Originally Posted by Unregistered:
Sweet and simple. Thank you very much. Perfect!
Well don't thank me lol, I have learned a ton on this forum.
Reply Up