Daycare.com Forum Daycare Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 06-10-2015, 12:03 PM
Daycare.com Member

Default Help Switching To School District Schedule!

Hello everyone!

This is my first time posting anything here, but I have benefited so much from advice I have read on this forum!

I know some of you base your work hours on your school district's schedule, and I am hoping to switch over to that this January. I know I will lose most of my current families (all but one) and I am a little nervous about this transition so I was hoping for some advice from those of you who do this already.

How is it worded (hours of care) in your contract? Do you charge less than other providers to attract a smaller pool of clients? And how would you notify current families of your plans? Any advice is VERY appreciated! I am feeling so overwhelmed! Thanks!
Old 06-10-2015, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidcrazednluvingit View Post
Hello everyone!

This is my first time posting anything here, but I have benefited so much from advice I have read on this forum!

I know some of you base your work hours on your school district's schedule, and I am hoping to switch over to that this January. I know I will lose most of my current families (all but one) and I am a little nervous about this transition so I was hoping for some advice from those of you who do this already.

How is it worded (hours of care) in your contract? Do you charge less than other providers to attract a smaller pool of clients? And how would you notify current families of your plans? Any advice is VERY appreciated! I am feeling so overwhelmed! Thanks!
Welcome to the forum!

I have no advice about following the school districts calendar as I do not do that but I am sure there are several providers that do that will give you some great advice!
Old 06-10-2015, 04:18 PM
Daycare.com Member

Spinnymarie has a great rate plan she uses!
Old 06-11-2015, 08:06 AM
Daycare.com Member

Smile

Thanks you guys! I will keep researching

Tags
public school, public school schedule, rate - structure