Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Career Ladders and CDAs
Controlled Chaos 12:32 PM 12-18-2015
So, I have started the process of climbing the children service's career ladder. We can get yearly monetary awards depending on what level we are on (not sure how consistent this is state to state so I apologize if I am over explaining). Well the financial incentives get pretty high towards the top of the career ladder and my DH and I decided I should climb it as quick as possible to earn that extra money for the family.

Well, I have a BFA (in a non child development/education field) and that will get me to level 10 once I have climbed to 8. Some kind of certification and observation are required for level 4. My question is - should I get a CDA already having a bachelors of would it make more sense to get a masters in early childhood? I am not sure what makes sense time and money wise. I am pretty sure I will continue doing my home daycare for the next 5-10 years. I like the idea of working for our children's services at some point - maybe teaching training classes and helping new providers. Maybe I burn our at home and want to work at a center? Direct a center? I don't know.

Thoughts on higher education and certifications?

Thanks

and here is the link to my career ladder if you are interested in what Utah's looks like http://ccpdi.usu.edu/files/uploads/PDA_Book_FY_16.pdf
Tags:career, career ladder, cda
Reply Up