Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>After School Care for P/K?
Nisaryn 12:26 PM 01-20-2016
Hello ladies, who all here offers after school care and how do you work it into your schedules?

I'm considering offering after school care for Pre-K and K only. The elementary school is literally next door to me, my daughter used to walk across the street to it every morning so that wouldn't be an issue. I am now down to just two infants (one of them being my own) and I have a double stroller I purchased for a very nice price so that isn't an issue either. I'm just not sure what types of activities to provide (I haven't had kids this age in a LONG time) all my toys are mainly for infants aged under 2yrs. I'm also not sure what to charge, it would be from 2pm-6pm.
Thriftylady 12:33 PM 01-20-2016
Originally Posted by Nisaryn:
Hello ladies, who all here offers after school care and how do you work it into your schedules?

I'm considering offering after school care for Pre-K and K only. The elementary school is literally next door to me, my daughter used to walk across the street to it every morning so that wouldn't be an issue. I am now down to just two infants (one of them being my own) and I have a double stroller I purchased for a very nice price so that isn't an issue either. I'm just not sure what types of activities to provide (I haven't had kids this age in a LONG time) all my toys are mainly for infants aged under 2yrs. I'm also not sure what to charge, it would be from 2pm-6pm.
I do it. Our kids K and up ride the bus to my house. Pre K I have to pick up. Our school will not let them walk alone though. They have to be with an adult or they won't be released. I am not sure I am going to be willing to do the PreK pick up after this year. It is a pain in the butt to load up the car and go get one child. I am guessing mom will also have her in PreK next year, since she is only 3. I am trying to decide if I am willing next year or not.
Unregistered 12:37 PM 01-20-2016
I would look up the local ymca to see what they charge. Mine charges $10/day, I charge $55/week for up to 20 hours.
Mine love to color, with markers and colored pencils (man I hate sharpening!), puzzles (independent and co-op), foam ball and net tossing games, they play store and family. The littles always want to play with them and they love being the leaders ☺
Play Care 01:23 PM 01-20-2016
I do SA care but they have to be in K to be considered SA in my state. PreK doesn't count.
The bus brings them to my door or I couldn't do it as my day care is, thankfully, full.
MsLisa 01:45 PM 01-20-2016
An ex-After school provider here who ironically use to work for a YMCA.
Ours charged $40/wk for only Aftercare, hours 3pm to 6pm.
My Kinders were pretty easy to entertain and often paired up. They have short attentions spans but they loved:
Playdough.
Art, specifically paint and coloring sheets.
Dress up (they played teacher a lot)
Building blocks of all kinds.
Simple board games (candyland, operation, and don't break the ice)
Cars (hot wheels and tracks)
Reply Up