Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>Sweetie Pie, Princess, Pretty Girl, Big Guy...
Pandaluver21 02:47 PM 03-12-2021
So I've been doing this for many years, but something new just struck me.
Have any of you noticed a correlation between the nick names your dcp call their kids, and the child's behavior? It's hard to explain, but for example:

Family 1: Calls their daughter "princess" "Pretty girl" and other cutsie names. Daughter has little if any rules at home. Parents are less than Steller at following rules here..

Family 2: Calls their son "buddy" (mostly mom) They are great parents, but mom is definitely more likely to let behaviors slide. Child is pretty well behaved though.

Family 3: Calls their daughter by her name, only. Child has responsibilities at home. Has rules, and their are enforced. Expects her to behave at school.

Family 4: Calls their son "Punkin" "Bubba" "Baby boy" (no matter his age) and other cutesie names. Son is SUPER babied, parents usually say "aww poor baby" if I say he was having a hard time following rules. Parents also test every policy I have.

I could go on an on over the years. I have definitely seen a pattern as I look back!
Unregistered 04:15 PM 03-12-2021
We have a parent that calls their child pet names even when he was a child and his attitude is awful! Our administrator got onto him because he had his phone out & he was told to out it up and she placed him into timeout and that she would take his phone until mom came for pick up and he started back that she was not touching his phone and that made her angry and she told him that she would talk to his mom at pickup and she did and mom to,d him to put it up and not have it out and he listened to her.
flying_babyb 09:00 PM 03-13-2021
"baby boy" syndrome here. Hes babied and will scream "I cant want to" and "I cant know how" to everything. this kid screamed for 20 minutes over putting on his pants (a skill he is great at).
CeriBear 08:14 AM 03-14-2021
I once had a mom who called her son “tater tot.” He was 5 and very much a spoiled child who was a super whiner and somewhat of a crybaby. Mom was extreme picky and fretted over every little bump or scrape.
Tags:pet names, terms of endearment
Reply Up