Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 07-19-2010, 08:01 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Mother Goose Time or Funshine Express

I have enrolled:
Three 21 month olds
Two 2 year olds
One 3 year old.
I'm debating on either using Funshine Express or Mother Goose Time.
Funshine Express Buttercups is now infant-36 months so I would order that for my kids but it says there is only 9 creative arts projects for one quarter (12 weeks). That just doesn't seem like much. But it's like $85 for 3 months worth... so it's pretty cheap.
I don't know much about Mother Goose Time but it looks like I would order the preschool curriculum and add on the infant/toddler curriculum and it would cost $83 per month, so more expensive (but I'm assuming it comes with more projects and such).
Does anyone have an opinion?
Old 07-19-2010, 08:05 AM
Daycare.com Member

I like Funshine Express. I have looked over the Mother Goose Time website many times. But there is something about it that I do not like. I prefer Funshine.
Old 07-19-2010, 09:34 AM

I've used MGT years ago and I don't think I'd try it with younger kids like you have. I'd go with Funshine Express Buttercups since it's geared towards the age groups you currently have and just add simple activities here and there if you don't think it's enough. It's easy enough to use the library and internet for ideas there and like Kat ponted out, it's cheaper!
Old 07-22-2010, 04:46 AM
Unregistered

Smile I prefer Mother Goose Time over Funshine

I have used both in the past but will only use Mother Goose Time now. Mother Goose Time is more complete and not only do they have a hands-on project every day for the children, they also include a range of stories and books to read with the children. I love the two participation stories that I read aloud and the children respond throughout the story. My younger kids just LOVE these - especially since they never seem to want to sit still. Mother Goose Time also has an amazing music CD included every month. It really brings the learning to life and its one thing that the younger and older children really connect on. They give music and movement ideas everyday - some days do not use the CD but then they give you lyrics to sing "to the tune of" common melodies like row,row. Everything is so organized and thought through - I really don't think you can even come close to compare the quality of Mother Goose Time. It is a little more expensive but the value is so much higher! I started using the infant/toddler supplement in February last year - it was sooo easy with very creative ideas for engaging the youngest children...and what I liked best is that I didn't have to learn a whole new program - it follows the same daily topics as the big kids lesson plan book and all the children learned from the same set of materials, art projects and manipulatives. I have a few parents that drop off their 4 and 2 year olds. These parents loved that both children were excited and exploring the same topics on the same days (like cows on one day and chickens on the next during the farm month.) I think it must have made for nice dinner conversation. Good luck in finding the best curriculum fit - maybe try one for one month and then try the other and make a choice for the year?
Old 07-22-2010, 08:41 AM
Unregistered

try the carson - delosa curriculum. Much cheaper and can be photo copied. this is the old high reach learning program repackaged.

http://www.cdcurriculum.com/

Tags
funshine express, mother goose time