Daycare.com Forum

Go Back   Daycare.com Forum > Main Category > Daycare Center and Family Home Forum

Daycare Center and Family Home Forum Daycare Center and Family Home owners, Directors, Operators and Assistants should post and ask questions here.

Old 08-22-2010, 07:16 AM
Daycare.com Member

Default Funshine Express Question

So I want to order this for my group of kids for when school starts up, but I'm not sure what to order...

from 7-10:30 am I will have a 9 month old dcg, 18 month old dcg, 20 month dcg and my son who is 2 1/2.

from 10:30 - 2:45 my son who is 4 and a dcb who is 4 will arrive home from K4

School age kids get off the bus at 2:45

So...do I just order 4 buttercups? Or do I order 4 buttercups and 2 fireflies? Will I have enough time with the younger group to do our stuff before 10:30? How hard is it to do buttercups AND firefiles? Is it possible to do acctivities from the buttercup with the 2 older boys too?

Curious who orders what for which age groups...

Melissa
Old 08-22-2010, 05:45 PM
Daycare.com Member

I have never ordered Buttercups but I can tell you that I had issues with my 2 year olds last year when I was doing the Firefly program. Some of it is definitely for the older kids. However, for 4 year olds...I would think you would definitely want the Firefly program but I definitely wouldn't do the Firefly for the 2 and under dck's. Although since I have no experience with the Buttercup....it may be fine for the older's too. Just thought I would throw my 2 cents out there from my experience. :-)
Old 08-22-2010, 07:46 PM
Daycare.com Member

Me personally I do my curriculum in the AM, I wouldn't spread it throughout the day, it would become to much, If it were me, I would choose a time of day you will do it, and order for the group thats their during that time period, I usually do mine at 9:30am, so if I had kids arrive after that, they would miss it, And I wouldnt order it for school agers, they do like the projects, But they are in school......if anything, I like having the school agers help the younger ones..
Bonnie
Old 08-22-2010, 10:42 PM
Daycare.com Member

Oh yeah, I didn't answer that part. I agree, I do my curriculum between 9 and 11.
Old 08-23-2010, 08:56 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

I do my curicculum in the morning too. I just ordered Buttercups for my 15 mo, 18mo and 36 mo. I am hoping I can modify it for my 3 1/2 yo too.
Old 08-23-2010, 09:07 AM
Advanced Daycare.com Member

i would order for the younger ones and do it in the a.m. i assume the two 4 yr olds are getting curriculum while they are at K4. maybe save special projects or art for when they get home.
Old 08-23-2010, 05:11 PM
Daycare.com Member

Order the buttercups only... I would only allow one hour to an hour and half.. their attention span will not hold long.

**I never used buttercups...i just gave suggetion on the time and age.

Tags
funshine express