Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>What's The WORST Thing A Parent Has Done To Disrespect You?
littlemommy 08:53 AM 07-22-2011
I tried a state paid family one time. Mom invited herself into my home, walked all over, and would stay for a half hour at drop off. Her son would bite everyone and she did nothing about it! Mom was a hairdresser, but told me that since she's not paying she was going to bring him here for a free lunch. Uh..no!

One day she brought a potty chair so I could start potty training her son in the 3-4 hrs I had her son. She hadn't even started. She marched through my house and took it into my bathroom, set it down and said "you'll have to clean it, it's a bit dirty." I looked at it after she left and there was dried poop in it!!! GROSS!

The boy lasted 2 days here. After the potty chair incident I wasn't willing to work with them anymore. I called the state to do the paperwork (she needed care right away, and I agreed to do the paperwork for the subsidy.) I left 3 messages telling the lady I needed to do the paperwork so I could get paid. She NEVER called back! I counted my losses and left it at that.

I called the mom and told her I could not continue to watch her boy. She almost started crying! I told her the potty chair would be on the front porch for her to pick up at her convenience. And no, I never did clean it.
daycare 09:15 AM 07-22-2011
I had a father that did the NOT think before he would speak.. My home and my DC are made up of many different ethnic back grounds.... The fatehr often made very racist remarks about my race as well as other children in my care right in front of us.... It happened twice and then the you know what hit the fan....... I told him to shut the mouth while in my house and the only think that I wanted to talk to him about was his child... otherwise keep it to yourself...........
wdmmom 09:41 AM 07-22-2011
I had a family that was here for 5 months. When I interviewed, it was DCM and her 3 kids. The oldest went to school in the fall. They were only 3 days a week. In the fall, they were 4 days per week.

DCD and DCM were living in separate homes and going through a divorce. 4 months in, DCM tells me she moved back into the family house. DCD started doing most all the pick-ups and drop-offs. I seen DCM once per week.

DCD thought he was a funny guy and would try to get a rise out of people. He cut my check short by $50, he would help himself to a soda, started hitting on my assistant, then offered her a job to be a nanny for his kids at their house. She told him that he couldn't afford her!

This was the second time he had done something that made us uncomfortable so that afternoon I drew up the termination paperwork. I handed it to mom when she came along with their belongings. It was evident she was dumbfounded and mad. Next thing I know, DCD is at my door 2 hours later asking if they could come back and I told him "NO."

He showed up the next morning with his kids in tow! We all ignored the door and went on with our day!

He then arrived back in March for a receipt! (I gave it to DCM on their last day.) He said they weren't together anymore.
e.j. 10:03 AM 07-22-2011
You mean in addition to not paying on time, showing up early/late and bringing in obviously sick kids despite my illness policy, calling me in the middle of my vacation weeks, not once but several times over things that could have waited ....? Geez, the list could go on and on.

I know others have gone through worse but for me:
In a previous reply, I mentioned a dcd who was verbally/emotionally abusive to his wife. I had always thought he was a jerk but I diidn't realize what was going on at home until another dcm mentioned it to me one day. The very next night, they had apparently had an altercation and the dcm left their home abruptly, leaving him to deal with three kids. Since he had to get to work the next day, I got a last minute call from him asking if I could watch the kids in the morning (not their normally scheduled day). He hadn't given me the details but said it was basically an emergency. Although it was inconvenient for me because I had to make some changes to my own plans to take the kids on short notice, I agreed. As our conversation was coming to an end, he became very sarcastic and said something to the effect of how lucky I was to be able to make a profit off of their misery. That remark was so uncalled for and disrespectful that I almost called him back to tell him he was not welcome the next day or any other day but I felt bad for the kids being stuck in the middle of such a bad situation so I took them. I told the father the next day how upset I was at him and that if he ever spoke to me that way again, he would have to take his business elsewhere.

I think the second runner-up was a dcm who came in to drop her little boy off with me. He was having some seperation issues but once she would leave, he was happy and obviously loved being here. He would always hug and kiss me, want to sit on my lap to read books, played nicely with the other kids, etc. Anyway, that morning, as she handed him to me, he was a little fussy as usual. She made a big deal about how she was knew he didn't like being here and how soooooo sorry she was to have to leave him with me. This was the 3rd child of hers I had watched and while I was used to getting little "digs" from her (of course she was always just kidding) this one hit hard. She knew she crossed the line and apologized immediately but she came close to having to look for new child care.
skittles 10:17 AM 07-22-2011
The worst thing a parent ever did to disrespect me is walk into my daycare home to pick up their child and yell at my son. This parent was a teacher of special needs kids and when they picked up their child they always chose to correct my 9 year old who would not be interacting with any of the daycare children but would be playing on their own. One time she yelled at him because he was playing with a toddler toy (that I bought for daycare). She felt he was "to old for it" and she made a big tadoo telling him off. I of course was angry because she would not correct her own son when he would take a way a toy, or harm a peer. She had no problem telling my own child off right in front of me. One time she snapped at him about the shoes he was wearing. She felt they were not appropriate for the weather we were having. I think she had a thing against my son or something.
TBird 10:20 AM 07-22-2011
Originally Posted by e.j.:
I think the second runner-up was a dcm who came in to drop her little boy off with me. He was having some seperation issues but once she would leave, he was happy and obvioulsy loved being here. He would always hug and kiss me, want to sit on my lap to read books, played nicely with the other kdis, etc. Anyway, that morning, as she handed him to me, he was a little fussy as usual. She made a big deal about how she was knew he didn't like being here and how soooooo sorry she was to have to leave him with me. This was the 3rd child of hers I had watched and while I was used to getting little "digs" from her (of course she was always just kidding) this one hit hard. She knew she crossed the line and apologized immediately but she came close to having to look for new child care.
I totally know how you feel. I have one like that whose last day is today (they are going back to their country this weekend). I love the little boy and he loves it here (I love you's, smiles, and hugs all day long) but I'll be glad to see them go.

Mom is the only one he cries with and she comes to my door every morning like I'm the worst provider in the world because he's crying. The uncles, aunts & cousins drop him off and he SKIPS in smiling & laughing. I've sent at least 100 pictures of him laughing, eating, sleeping, playing and having a grand old time. But it never fails for her to come to my door shaking her head and looking like I'm going to lock him in the basement or something. She has no clue that it's HER and it gets really old trying to prove that he's happy here. I truly think she likes the production when she drops off and her family members have conveyed the same feelings. UGH...I'll probably cry like a baby and then dance a jig this afternoon!!!
e.j. 10:24 AM 07-22-2011
My dd just reminded me of the dcm who dropped off her kid at nap time - shortly after lunch time. I had just put all the kids down and was about to have my own lunch - a bowl of tomato soup. I had just sprinkled some oyster crackers on top of the soup when she walked in. We settled the kid down for his nap and as she walked out, she reached into my soup bowl, pulled a small handful of crackers out and popped them into her mouth. I was so shocked, I was speechless. I let it slide because this mom was wonderful in every other respect - could just be a little air-head at times. I guess it wasn't disrespectful so much as thoughtless on her part but my own kids have been laughing about it for the last 10 years!
nannyde 10:27 AM 07-22-2011
Originally Posted by skittles:
The worst thing a parent ever did to disrespect me is walk into my daycare home to pick up their child and yell at my son. This parent was a teacher of special needs kids and when they picked up their child they always chose to correct my 9 year old who would not be interacting with any of the daycare children but would be playing on their own. One time she yelled at him because he was playing with a toddler toy (that I bought for daycare). She felt he was "to old for it" and she made a big tadoo telling him off. I of course was angry because she would not correct her own son when he would take a way a toy, or harm a peer. She had no problem telling my own child off right in front of me. One time she snapped at him about the shoes he was wearing. She felt they were not appropriate for the weather we were having. I think she had a thing against my son or something.

Oh no she didn't.

That would have happened ONCE. One time and that would be the end of that. I'm all about "it takes a village" to raise a kid and I welcome adults disciplining my kid when he actually DOES something wrong... but her stuff...

Oh no
no
no
no
no
no
no

e.j. 10:31 AM 07-22-2011
Originally Posted by TBird:
I totally know how you feel. I have one like that whose last day is today (they are going back to their country this weekend). I love the little boy and he loves it here (I love you's, smiles, and hugs all day long) but I'll be glad to see them go.

Mom is the only one he cries with and she comes to my door every morning like I'm the worst provider in the world because he's crying. The uncles, aunts & cousins drop him off and he SKIPS in smiling & laughing. I've sent at least 100 pictures of him laughing, eating, sleeping, playing and having a grand old time. But it never fails for her to come to my door shaking her head and looking like I'm going to lock him in the basement or something. She has no clue that it's HER and it gets really old trying to prove that he's happy here. I truly think she likes the production when she drops off and her family members have conveyed the same feelings. UGH...I'll probably cry like a baby and then dance a jig this afternoon!!!
Yup. My little dcb never had a problem when his dad dropped him off - just mom and even that didn't happen often. He went in phases. He usually only had a problem after he was home with his family during a school vacation week. I think he thought the others were still on vacation and he was missing the fun.

His last day was at the end of this past school year. His mom had told me she didn't want any tears; just wanted to pretend as though he was leaving for the weekend and would be back on Monday. Okay with me; I like to avoid drama if I can. She came in crying, left crying....I miss him but not the little digs I used to get from her.
TBird 10:31 AM 07-22-2011
My dd just reminded me of the dcm who dropped off her kid at nap time - shortly after lunch time. I had just put all the kids down and was about to have my own lunch - a bowl of tomato soup. I had just sprinkled some oyster crackers on top of the soup when she walked in. We settled the kid down for his nap and as she walked out, she reached into my soup bowl, pulled a small handful of crackers out and popped them into her mouth. I was so shocked, I was speechless. I let it slide because this mom was wonderful in every other respect - could just be a little air-head at times. I guess it wasn't disrespectful so much as thoughtless on her part but my own kids have been laughing about it for the last 10 years!
Now that's just NASTY....
e.j. 10:33 AM 07-22-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:

Oh no she didn't.

That would have happened ONCE. One time and that would be the end of that. I'm all about "it takes a village" to raise a kid and I welcome adults disciplining my kid when he actually DOES something wrong... but her stuff...

Oh no
no
no
no
no
no
no
I agree! That lady had some nerve!
nannyde 10:45 AM 07-22-2011
I agree! That lady had some nerve!
There's a line that can never be crossed. That line is my kid.
Unregistered 11:01 AM 07-22-2011
A (married) dcd decided to get drunk before picking up his son, then proceeded to hit on me. It made me extremely uncomfortable and it showed me that he had no respect for me or my business. I termed them that night.
natsmom0801 11:04 AM 07-22-2011
Probably the worst thing is when a DCD came to pick up his daughter and I was in the bathroom. I always place a note on the door when I run to the bathroom if its around pick up time.

He came into my house got his daughter and left without telling me he was even there. So when I came out of the bathroom (gone maybe 2mins!) I was in a complete panick because I couldnt find her! I was running up and down the streets, checking all over my house, in my yard and trying to call her mom and dad but of course no one would answer! . After about 10mins of not being able to locate the child or get in contact with the parents I called 911 and the police were dispatched to the house. Shortly after the cops showed her mother called me back, the parents acted like it was no big deal and they even laughed about it!

Yes, on Monday they received a two week notice!
laundrymom 11:24 AM 07-22-2011
Omg! You poor woman!!! Yes that is inexcusable!!! How DARE they put you through something like that!!!
Wow, they are lucky you gave notice, I think I would have packed her belongings and dropped them at the house with immediate
term!

Originally Posted by natsmom0801:
Probably the worst thing is when a DCD came to pick up his daughter and I was in the bathroom. I always place a note on the door when I run to the bathroom if its around pick up time.

He came into my house got his daughter and left without telling me he was even there. So when I came out of the bathroom (gone maybe 2mins!) I was in a complete panick because I couldnt find her! I was running up and down the streets, checking all over my house, in my yard and trying to call her mom and dad but of course no one would answer! . After about 10mins of not being able to locate the child or get in contact with the parents I called 911 and the police were dispatched to the house. Shortly after the cops showed her mother called me back, the parents acted like it was no big deal and they even laughed about it!

daycare 11:41 AM 07-22-2011
Originally Posted by natsmom0801:

OMG I would have keeled over....(I cant spell) lol

what a scary experience. I would have been to tears....That is horrible of the parnets..

Stuff like this is why I require the parents to lock the door behing them when they leave. Kids are NOT allowed to open the door at my house for any reason unless there is a fire. I trained them to open it only for that reason.

I actually had the exact opposite thing happen where a parent came in and dropped off without my knowing and put me over my capacity..

NO more unlocked doors..... But I know sometimes it happens that it does not get locked.
CheekyChick 12:07 PM 07-22-2011
Originally Posted by littlemommy:
I tried a state paid family one time. Mom invited herself into my home, walked all over, and would stay for a half hour at drop off. Her son would bite everyone and she did nothing about it! Mom was a hairdresser, but told me that since she's not paying she was going to bring him here for a free lunch. Uh..no!

One day she brought a potty chair so I could start potty training her son in the 3-4 hrs I had her son. She hadn't even started. She marched through my house and took it into my bathroom, set it down and said "you'll have to clean it, it's a bit dirty." I looked at it after she left and there was dried poop in it!!! GROSS!

The boy lasted 2 days here. After the potty chair incident I wasn't willing to work with them anymore. I called the state to do the paperwork (she needed care right away, and I agreed to do the paperwork for the subsidy.) I left 3 messages telling the lady I needed to do the paperwork so I could get paid. She NEVER called back! I counted my losses and left it at that.

I called the mom and told her I could not continue to watch her boy. She almost started crying! I told her the potty chair would be on the front porch for her to pick up at her convenience. And no, I never did clean it.
You poor thing. That is absolutely disgusting and UBER disrespectful.
SilverSabre25 12:41 PM 07-22-2011
Nothing I've got even comes close to these. Just a family refusing to pay me their two weeks' notice when they quit without warning.
SilverSabre25 12:42 PM 07-22-2011
btw daycare, your spelling is just fine.
daycare 12:45 PM 07-22-2011
Originally Posted by SilverSabre25:
btw daycare, your spelling is just fine.
lol honest to god the english language is soooo hard to understand to write... I still have a hard time with their and there. or here and hear... Or better yet the same word that means two different things....like Palm.........UGH palm of your hand and palm tree.... why the same spelling for a word with two different meanings.

lol... I try
natsmom0801 12:54 PM 07-22-2011
Originally Posted by daycare:
OMG I would have keeled over....(I cant spell) lol

what a scary experience. I would have been to tears....That is horrible of the parnets..

Stuff like this is why I require the parents to lock the door behing them when they leave. Kids are NOT allowed to open the door at my house for any reason unless there is a fire. I trained them to open it only for that reason.

I actually had the exact opposite thing happen where a parent came in and dropped off without my knowing and put me over my capacity..

NO more unlocked doors..... But I know sometimes it happens that it does not get locked.
I have since put bells on a string (like jingle bells!) and they hang from the ceiling in front of my door. This way if anyone enters or exits I will know immediately. I only have 3 and under right now, so the safety knobs work pretty good still. As soon as they figure those out I am going to start locking the doors!!

Do your parents ever say anything about the doors being locked when they pick up the kids? Somehow my daughter dead bloted my door and when a mom came to pick up their child she couldnt get in right away. She was mad really, just kind of shocked that I would lock "them" out!
SilverSabre25 12:55 PM 07-22-2011
lol honest to god the english language is soooo hard to understand to write... I still have a hard time with their and there. or here and hear... Or better yet the same word that means two different things....like Palm.........UGH palm of your hand and palm tree.... why the same spelling for a word with two different meanings.

lol... I try
You do better than try! You succeed! Seriously, don't sell yourself short; you do very, very well. Many people who have never even learned another language have a harder time spelling it. I would never have even guessed that you aren't a native speaker/writer if you hadn't mentioned it several times on here. Plenty of native speakers have trouble with the words you mentioned, and I think English is practically the only only language that has homophones and homonyms.
daycare 12:59 PM 07-22-2011
well I went to private school in my home country where English is a required class. So I have been taking english lessons since I was 8. I also went to college for a period of time here in the states too which helped some. BUT I still have a hard time....lol

Every time I write a letter to parents I ask my 15year old son or husband to correct it.... they say that I do ok, but I am very wordy??

Thanks for the compliments.....
sharlan 01:09 PM 07-22-2011
Lucky I haven't had too much in that dept.

One parent's kids ALWAYS got sick a few days before we were going on vacation. She would keep the kids home, but the damage would be done. We had to take our granddaughter to the ER in Hawaii for strept because of this family. It wasn't her fault, but it just happened.

When I told all of my parents that I had advanced 3rd stage BC, all but one handled it well asking what they could do to help. One mother cried saying it would be too devastating for her son so they would find other care. That was the kid that came with suckers and the grandmother would put him in diapers and give him bottles and pacifiers on weekends.
laundrymom 01:20 PM 07-22-2011
well I went to private school in my home country where English is a required class. So I have been taking english lessons since I was 8. I also went to college for a period of time here in the states too which helped some. BUT I still have a hard time....lol

Every time I write a letter to parents I ask my 15year old son or husband to correct it.... they say that I do ok, but I am very wordy??

Thanks for the compliments.....
Ok I'm amazed it's your second Lang. What's your first?
daycare 01:32 PM 07-22-2011
Originally Posted by laundrymom:
Ok I'm amazed it's your second Lang. What's your first?
Arabic.... I was born in egypt right outside of Cyro/ Cairo.... I can speak some french too, but its horrible... I think the funniest part is that my arabic has gotten really bad. I have lived here since I was 18.5 and I hardly ever have anyone to talk my language to. I call home and talk to my mom a few times a month or my dad and they laugh at me... They say oh my you are so lousy in your speech.....lol
CheekyChick 02:15 PM 07-22-2011
Originally Posted by skittles:
My blood boils just reading this! I can put up with a LOT, but I could never put up with someone being rude to my child.
CheekyChick 02:17 PM 07-22-2011

lol... I try
Don't feel bad. I've been speaking/writing in English for 40+ years and I still have trouble with it. Don't get me started on then versus than...
daycare 02:19 PM 07-22-2011
to cheeky chick.....btw my sister lives in Oregon I love to visit her, but too cold for my blood...lol its so green and open compared to wear I live...

lol..... so you know how it is!!!
Versus...........................hahahahahah

where are you Orig. from?

sorry not trying to steal the thread.............
CheekyChick 02:46 PM 07-22-2011
to cheeky chick.....btw my sister lives in Oregon I love to visit her, but too cold for my blood...lol its so green and open compared to wear I live...

lol..... so you know how it is!!!
Versus...........................hahahahahah

where are you Orig. from?

sorry not trying to steal the thread.............
It really is gorgeous here. I hate the rain, but love seeing deer (or is it dear ) out of my living room window.

I'm originally from Orange County, California. Even people who have spoken English their entire lives (like myself) have trouble writing certain words. I'm forever pulling out my dictionary. LOL!!!
daycare 03:00 PM 07-22-2011
Originally Posted by CheekyChick:
It really is gorgeous here. I hate the rain, but love seeing deer (or is it dear ) out of my living room window.

I'm originally from Orange County, California. Even people who have spoken English their entire lives (like myself) have trouble writing certain words. I'm forever pulling out my dictionary. LOL!!!
That's were I first lived when I cAme here. I lived in Newport beach and went to chapman.
Lol ugh too to two many spellings.
CheekyChick 03:39 PM 07-22-2011
That's were I first lived when I cAme here. I lived in Newport beach and went to chapman.
Lol ugh too to two many spellings.
You're your write right - too to two many spellings. LOL!!!

I love Newport Beach. I went to many a parties there in my day.

I grew up in Laguna Niguel and went to Junior High/H.S. in Irvine. It's beautiful there, but I don't miss the smog, gangs, traffic, etc. Oh, I do miss Fashion Island and South Coast Plaza though.
daycare 03:47 PM 07-22-2011
Originally Posted by CheekyChick:
You're your write right - too to two many spellings. LOL!!!

I love Newport Beach. I went to many a parties there in my day.

I grew up in Laguna Niguel and went to Junior High/H.S. in Irvine. It's beautiful there, but I don't miss the smog, gangs, traffic, etc. Oh, I do miss Fashion Island and South Coast Plaza though.
Oh yes such wonderful places to shop!
I knew you were a transplant to OR when you mentioned Botox. Lol

Yes I an do without all those things an I don't like the people so much there as opposed to here.
AnneCordelia 04:27 PM 07-22-2011
Just this week I had a family email me saying that they were going to start pickuping at 6:45pm (I close at 5:30, per contract) and that they would pay me an extra $10/day for the inconvenience.

LMAO!!!!
sharlan 04:36 PM 07-22-2011
Originally Posted by AnneCordelia:
Just this week I had a family email me saying that they were going to start pickuping at 6:45pm (I close at 5:30, per contract) and that they would pay me an extra $10/day for the inconvenience.

LMAO!!!!
Uh, I don't think so! At 5:45, I'll be sitting your kids on the street corner.
cheerfuldom 04:57 PM 07-22-2011
What did you tell them Anne?!? I don't offer anything past 5:30 and wouldn't do for any amount of money. Seriously. I am already working 50 hours a week and refuse to do any more.

The worse for me was from the same family.....DCB was very aggressive and I termed after he punched my daughter in the back over and over and left huge welts on her (I had pictures, the parents refused to look at them). This was after I was dealing with screaming, hitting, scratching and everything else. Total rage baby although DCM liked to call him an "aggressive snuggler". So I term him and dad gets in my face and yells at me (keep in mind I am barely over 5ft., he's well over 6 and for sure over 200lbs) then mom wants the details of what happened with the DCB and tries to spin things so its my daughters fault.....like there is any reason why it would be okay for one kid to jump on another kids back and pummel them until I literally had to yank him off and restrain him (he was only 10 months at the time!!!). It was so awful and I really tried to make it work before this incident and didn't know any better when they kept saying it was my fault and "he's never like this at home" and all that stuff. Now I know better but I wish I would have had this forum at the time to knock some sense into me! I still feel guilty for putting my daughter through that time trying to make it work with this family but at least I came to my senses and got rid of him before he started walking and really let loose.
AfterSchoolMom 05:33 PM 07-22-2011
I got a response to my CL ad from a family that was already in my care, looking for other care. They didn't realize they'd emailed me. They'd been with me for a year and a half and were notorious for not paying on time - I got paid on time MAYBE ten times in the whole year and a half period (usually they paid at least 3-5 days late). When I confronted DCM about it, she told me that my contract was "too strict" and that because I'm not licensed I don't have a "right" to charge them late fees or "nag" them to pay on a certain day. They also felt that I didn't have a "right" to expect them to pay when they chose not to send the kids, and DCD was very confrontational about it, despite the fact that they'd signed and agreed to everything, TWICE.

They're gone now. I'll miss the kids terribly in the fall, but not the parents.
Kaddidle Care 05:44 PM 07-22-2011
I offered to watch my son's friend after school until his mother got home from work (for FREE) and she started arriving late - the first time she called and said a meeting ran late. After that she wouldn't even bother to call.

I didn't appreciate being treated like the hired help when this was a volunteer thing. The child was acting strangely too (helping himself to my fridge, breaking my son's toys and laughing about it) so I told her it wasn't working out. 4 months of free after school care and not even a thank you.

People can be real jerks.
PitterPatter 06:16 PM 07-22-2011
Well I get the average state paid, lingering, bossy treating me like I am their slave, walking thru my home after sign out on a cell while holding her hand up to me telling me to wait, and this week a DCD tells me at pick up after I informed him he now owes for 4 weeks, that I haven't been paid a cent for any of the child crae I provided. He said "I wont be able to pay u anything until after the 1st she let the car insurance get cancelled so I had to save that. u know what I'm dealing with so u understand" Nope I dont especially when she gets a paycheck too!

But anyway getting to the WORST... was when I termed a DCM and a week later we had a spat over fees she owed for late payment etc. She cussed me out in the street and called me a C**T in front of my son and neighbors. I have never been so degraded in all my life. Afterwards she left many nasty threatening messages and texts on my phone. Oh then 3 weeks later she kept calling and leaving sorry messages asking me to take her back. When I said no I can't do that she actually asked why not! People have nerve I tell ya!
PitterPatter 06:24 PM 07-22-2011
Arabic.... I was born in egypt right outside of Cyro/ Cairo.... I can speak some french too, but its horrible... I think the funniest part is that my arabic has gotten really bad. I have lived here since I was 18.5 and I hardly ever have anyone to talk my language to. I call home and talk to my mom a few times a month or my dad and they laugh at me... They say oh my you are so lousy in your speech.....lol
OK Color me impressed!! U go girl!!
sharlan 06:34 PM 07-22-2011
Originally Posted by PitterPatter:
Well I get the average state paid, lingering, bossy treating me like I am their slave, walking thru my home after sign out on a cell while holding her hand up to me telling me to wait, and this week a DCD tells me at pick up after I informed him he now owes for 4 weeks, that I haven't been paid a cent for any of the child crae I provided. He said "I wont be able to pay u anything until after the 1st she let the car insurance get cancelled so I had to save that. u know what I'm dealing with so u understand" Nope I dont especially when she gets a paycheck too!

But anyway getting to the WORST... was when I termed a DCM and a week later we had a spat over fees she owed for late payment etc. She cussed me out in the street and called me a C**T in front of my son and neighbors. I have never been so degraded in all my life. Afterwards she left many nasty threatening messages and texts on my phone. Oh then 3 weeks later she kept calling and leaving sorry messages asking me to take her back. When I said no I can't do that she actually asked why not! People have nerve I tell ya!
You've let a family go 4 weeks without paying. I would be giving notice before long. Their bill is going to be so high that they won't be able to pay.
PitterPatter 06:43 PM 07-22-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:
You've let a family go 4 weeks without paying. I would be giving notice before long. Their bill is going to be so high that they won't be able to pay.
This is the old state paid client that kept slacking on getting new paperwork in to even be approved. The office manager said to go ahead and take them she would be apporoved after the last paperwork was in. I FINALLY got a certificate for them on Monday so I will get most of my pay next month. They only owe $2.50 per day for their 2 kids but that adds up and being the state doesnt pay until the following month here I sit with nothing. They will only owe $50 or so by the 1st but it's the principal of the whole thing. ITS ALMOST FREE and they still cant pay with welfare coming in, disability for him and she gets atleast 40 hr work week paycheck too. They can't pay $2.50 a day? BS! Trust me they are on their way out as there are many many more issues with this same family. I'm just waiting on a new client to take their spot. Sad part is it will more than likely be another state paid.
nannyde 06:44 PM 07-22-2011
and this week a DCD tells me at pick up after I informed him he now owes for 4 weeks, that I haven't been paid a cent for any of the child crae I provided. He said "I wont be able to pay u anything until after the 1st she let the car insurance get cancelled so I had to save that. u know what I'm dealing with so u understand" Nope I dont especially when she gets a paycheck too!
Is this just a copay they owe? Did the funding get approved for this family?
PitterPatter 06:49 PM 07-22-2011
Originally Posted by nannyde:
Is this just a copay they owe? Did the funding get approved for this family?
Yes it is just the copay they did finally get approved thank GOD!! BUT that makes it all the more ignorant for them not to pay since it;s such a small amount. I have tried to explain this to other state paid clients and the way most look at it vice versa... DCM- "since it's such a small amount it's no big deal for u to wait for it as it wont make u or break u" .. My reply... BUT it will provide the milk and some fresh veggies I provide for your children... they dont get it.
daycare 06:51 PM 07-22-2011
OK Color me impressed!! U go girl!!
Thank you! I am going to pray to the daycare gods that you get some nice on time paying daycare clients!!!
Lol
You are too sweet to deal with all that drama
sharlan 07:01 PM 07-22-2011
I will never understand the "entitled" parents.
Kaddidle Care 07:32 PM 07-22-2011
DCM- "since it's such a small amount it's no big deal for u to wait for it as it wont make u or break u" .. My reply... BUT it will provide the milk and some fresh veggies I provide for your children... they dont get it.
As she gets in her car (that's probably newer than yours) and sips her Xtra Large Mocha Java and bites into her muffin from Dunkin Donuts.
Yeah - I know the type.
Hunni Bee 07:36 PM 07-22-2011
Well.....let's see, I've been hung up on, yelled at, cursed at, lied on, harassed at all hours of the night and weekend on my personal number, talked against to children...you name it. Almost all state-pay clients by the way...because that's the majority of our clients.

Some days when I leave there, my head is spinning.
Michelle 08:03 PM 07-22-2011
While in labor with my daughter...unexpected, emergency delivery( I had toxemia and had to be induced), I had a dcm call my dh and tell him that he better get home and watch her kids or pay for someone to do it because she had to get to class. Yes, she was a state program parent.

Well, he stayed at the hospital and the baby was fine but I was so critical that they kept me in the hospital for a week. She complained about that too!
I ended up terming her after she dosed up her children with fever meds but my baby ended up getting a 104 temp. at 5 weeks old and ended up in the hospital for 10 days.

Yep, parent from hell.
cheerfuldom 08:15 PM 07-22-2011
Michelle that is so awful! My current parents were absolute angels during my maternity leave in May. Now the parents when my 2nd were born were so snotty to me like "suck it up and take care of my kid" but still, not as bad as yours were.
GretasLittleFriends 08:21 PM 07-22-2011
Worst thing I ever have happen was from one family. Two separate incidents. They were part time 2 days a week, but 10 hour days. Both parents did shift-work.

First one was they were about 15 mins late dropping off their 3 kids. Not the end of the world. DCM called about 2 hours later to check on dcg (age 3) at the time. Girl was fine, mom was relieved as she had been in the ER overnight and discharged at 8am from having febrile seizures. I had never even heard of them until that day. Mom was stranded and couldn't get ahold of dad to come get the kids, and relief family members were out of town. I was kind of upset, but agreed to keep the kids for the rest of the day.

All went well for several months. Then one night in December I had to term them. It was the night of my teenagers school band concert, in which I was going to take these kids to as a cultural experience, as it was a scheduled night for them anyway. Parents carpooled, mom came in to drop the 3 of them off, oldest says "I don't feel good. I think I'm going to throw up again." Then proceeds to lose his lunch in my entry room. I was pregnant at the time and smells REALLY bothered me, though I don't handle vomit well to begin with. I looked the mom in the eye and said this one needs to leave, he can NOT stay here. She cleaned up his mess, said she was going to go talk to dad. She got in the car and he drove away, practically flying down our driveway. I couldn't get a hold of anyone on their emergency contact list for hours. I went as far to call the workplace manager requiring that they send the parents home as I was unable to care for the one child. Finally after about 4 hours of their arrival a set of grandparents came for the children. I had all of their things packed and termination letter in hand. I also mailed a term letter "receipt requested" to ensure they got it. Small town and mom had been unable to look me in the eye until recently.

Had it not been the night of my daughter's band concert, and perhaps if I had not been pregnant (so tendency to be overly emotional) things may have ended differently. Lots of stress relief when these kids were gone though.
Michelle 08:28 PM 07-22-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
Michelle that is so awful! My current parents were absolute angels during my maternity leave in May. Now the parents when my 2nd were born were so snotty to me like "suck it up and take care of my kid" but still, not as bad as yours were.
Now, I probably would have gone off on her but back then, 8 years ago I was very wishy washy. I really needed that money. But after I termed I spent that last check about $3,500.00 (she had 5 kids) all on the baby. I bought a very expensive crib, all new clothes and lots of cool stuff because I felt so bad for what she had to go through. Her I.v. got infiltrated and her arm got swollen and they ended up putting it in her scalp. They couldn't get a urine test so they had to catheterize her, she was tiny.. just 5 lbs.
I know that was a lot of money for a baby but I didn't have a baby shower and there was a huge age difference between kids, and I didn't keep anything.
Yea, I think that mom had a mental disorder.

I bet that mom of yours got to take 6 weeks maternity and probably had relatives helping and stuff. Parents think we are machines or something.
Put in the quarters and don't you dare break or malfunction!!
cheerfuldom 08:38 PM 07-22-2011
I know right?! My 2nd ended up with a high fever at a young age (very likely due to a DC kid) and had to get a spinal tap for menigitis. It was SO awful. They wouldn't let me stay in the room and my high needs baby was so out of control after that hospital stay that it was literally weeks before she would go to daddy, months before she would go to anyone but me and daddy. She was seriously traumatized (scream bloody murder anytime a stranger came close let alone tried to touch her) and I struggled so much with that incident and then a DCM has the gall to try and disappear on me with no notice and say that I didn't like her child anymore because I was holding my own newborn when she came to pick up! These people are downright crazy!
Unregistered 09:03 PM 07-22-2011
After writing me a bad check and me questioning mom about it once I got notice back from the bank mom had the audacity to question my religion in my own home while trying to argue with me about why she wasn't wrong in writing the bad check and how she wasn't going to pay for the fees associated with it. As soon as I said she would have to look for other daycare and today was her child's last day she dared to say "You call yourself a Christian." I promptly showed her the door and tossed her kids extra clothes on the door step. Still can't believe that ever actually happened.

Saw her once after at a local grocery store. She was getting in her car and I waited in mine until she drove away- for my son's sake that is.
Michelle 09:27 PM 07-22-2011
Originally Posted by cheerfuldom:
I know right?! My 2nd ended up with a high fever at a young age (very likely due to a DC kid) and had to get a spinal tap for menigitis. It was SO awful. They wouldn't let me stay in the room and my high needs baby was so out of control after that hospital stay that it was literally weeks before she would go to daddy, months before she would go to anyone but me and daddy. She was seriously traumatized (scream bloody murder anytime a stranger came close let alone tried to touch her) and I struggled so much with that incident and then a DCM has the gall to try and disappear on me with no notice and say that I didn't like her child anymore because I was holding my own newborn when she came to pick up! These people are downright crazy!
Yea, my baby had to have a spinal tap too, they said I couldn't be there to comfort her. they had to rule out all kinds of infections. A fever in a 5 week old is an automatic 10 day antibiotic I.V. in the hosp.
That mom caused so much pain and agony to my baby because of her needs. I always kept the baby away from all the kids but she still got a fever.
Yea, but the minute their child gets sick at daycare, Oh my!!!
It's our fault or our houses fault, and they have to take off work...etc.
Well, not only did my entire daycare have to make arrangements for other care, my dh had to take a week off. She didn't care, she just shrugged and said " Oh well"
e.j. 02:59 PM 07-23-2011
Originally Posted by GretasLittleFriends:
Parents carpooled, mom came in to drop the 3 of them off, oldest says "I don't feel good. I think I'm going to throw up again." Then proceeds to lose his lunch in my entry room. I was pregnant at the time and smells REALLY bothered me, though I don't handle vomit well to begin with. I looked the mom in the eye and said this one needs to leave, he can NOT stay here. She cleaned up his mess, said she was going to go talk to dad. She got in the car and he drove away, practically flying down our driveway.
Wow....and the winner of the Parent of the Year Award is......
youretooloud 04:51 PM 07-23-2011
I haven't had any bad ones for a while. But, Once... 20 years ago, I had a mom who would have her husband pay me. But, then each friday night, she'd call me and say "Well, if I paid you by the hour on thursday, it would have been cheaper, and then if I paid you by the day, on Friday, it would have been cheaper, so my husband overpaid you by $6.00 this week, so I am going to pro-rate next week". I LOATHED her. Then, I got a backbone.

But, the WORST, was I had a daycare child who was killed that morning on the way to daycare. It happened right by my house, and I heard the accident, but didn't know it was them. I got a knock on the door from the police asking me to come over to the scene to take the older child because the Dad was going to the hospital with the youngest child. So, I packed up the kids to the neighbor, and went to pick up Michael. I was gone for less than ten minutes. One of the moms dropped off her four year old in front of my house, then drove away. Nobody was there. THEN, when I told her I wasn't there, and WHY I wasn't there, she was furious with ME... not concerned for the family who had just lost a son... not worried that her daughter was left alone, not worried that her daughter would be upset about her friend who wouldn't be coming back.. just mad that I wasn't there. She threatened to turn me in to the state.

I should have said "Fine... turn me in". But, I just apologized for not being there. I was so young and stupid back then.
sharlan 05:53 PM 07-23-2011
Originally Posted by youretooloud:
I haven't had any bad ones for a while. But, Once... 20 years ago, I had a mom who would have her husband pay me. But, then each friday night, she'd call me and say "Well, if I paid you by the hour on thursday, it would have been cheaper, and then if I paid you by the day, on Friday, it would have been cheaper, so my husband overpaid you by $6.00 this week, so I am going to pro-rate next week". I LOATHED her. Then, I got a backbone.

But, the WORST, was I had a daycare child who was killed that morning on the way to daycare. It happened right by my house, and I heard the accident, but didn't know it was them. I got a knock on the door from the police asking me to come over to the scene to take the older child because the Dad was going to the hospital with the youngest child. So, I packed up the kids to the neighbor, and went to pick up Michael. I was gone for less than ten minutes. One of the moms dropped off her four year old in front of my house, then drove away. Nobody was there. THEN, when I told her I wasn't there, and WHY I wasn't there, she was furious with ME... not concerned for the family who had just lost a son... not worried that her daughter was left alone, not worried that her daughter would be upset about her friend who wouldn't be coming back.. just mad that I wasn't there. She threatened to turn me in to the state.

I should have said "Fine... turn me in". But, I just apologized for not being there. I was so young and stupid back then.
I had one of those that paid by the 15 mins, back before I did daycare fulltime. Her beloved dh would stand next door and chat with the neighbor (who he was having an affair with) for 30 mins before coming in to get his son. He would call her when he got home at 4, but not come in until 4:30.

After being shorted several times, I told her that I didn't care if he was standing in my driveway or not, I was being paid until he walked through my door. That put a stop to him chatting with the neighbor for 30 - 40 mins a day.
sharlan 05:54 PM 07-23-2011
Uh, you should have reported the mother for leaving a child unattended in your yard.
CheekyChick 06:11 PM 07-23-2011

That is so incredibly sad...
youretooloud 07:08 PM 07-23-2011
Originally Posted by sharlan:
Uh, you should have reported the mother for leaving a child unattended in your yard.
Well, now I would. But, I was very intimidated back then. I had just bought a house, and I was only 22 yrs old, so I felt like I had to do anything anybody wanted me to do.
PitterPatter 09:04 PM 07-23-2011

OMG how horrible!! U poor woman! I would have been a basket case! I too have trouble using my backbone but in that case I think I would respond to her ignorant ass with "Let me turn myself in for u and explain why I wasn't here when YOU just ditched your child" Then again I am almost 40 now, who knows what I would have said at 22. U poor woman! I know u are probably all healed but, HUGS, anyway!
Tags:disrespect, disrespectful parents, vent
Reply Up