Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum># Of Kids Keeps Dropping....
Christina72684 11:29 AM 11-01-2013
In the Spring we were full, both daycares and after schoolers.....now they're dropping like flies and we're hurting for the first time since opening 2 years ago. I don't know if it's just because of another daycare opening up close or some of them are older enough after schoolers to not need care or what. I hope it's not us doing something wrong, that's what scares me the most! We lost a family with 2 full time boys and an afterschooler just last week, causing us to close one of the daycares on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. And she just stopped bringing them out of nowhere. She finally texted me back and said she lost her job and IF she gets another one she will bring them back. The IF worries me! We need those boys! Her mom ran a DC for almost 20 years, you think she'd have the curtisy to give us some notice or tell us what's going on. We just need more kids darnit! Bad thing is, 3 maybe 4 of our current DCM's are pregnant....one due mid Dec, 2 due mid April, and the last might be due around June. I already have a 12 week old and we're taking on a 4 month old starting Monday but she's only 2 days a week. So in the Spring/Summer we are gonna have our hands full! We just gotta make it until then I guess. It just sucks that we were doing so good not losing kids (well one here or there, but most of those we were perfectly fine with losing!). Fingers crossed it'll pick back up soon or we're gonna have to lay off one of our workers
Reply Up