Default Style Register
Daycare.com Forum
Daycare Center and Family Home Forum>"I Know Something You Don't Know...."
KDC 10:48 AM 04-18-2013
My DCK tells me at lunch today;

"My Mommy has a baby in her tummy!" I think if it's a girl they're going to name her Leah.

hmmmm... This boy just started with me in January and Mom is a teacher. This is putting a 'warning' thought in my mind... If I don't have space for a sibling, I might be in trouble =( Darn it.
KnoxMom 11:43 AM 04-18-2013
Well I'm sure you still have half a year to work it out. You don't have any that will be leaving in August of VPK or Kindy?
mema 12:00 PM 04-18-2013
A lot can happen in the time between now and baby being born. I didn't expect to have to fill any spots until next fall, but have had 2 families leave in the last 2 months.
TheGoodLife 12:19 PM 04-18-2013
I'm thinking you figure the mom may take out DCB before summer if you can't assure her a spot for the baby when he/she is born, and just start a place that can take both after the summer (thereby not having to pay for summer care)? Just curious if I had that right
KDC 01:01 PM 04-18-2013
Originally Posted by Mama2Bella:
I'm thinking you figure the mom may take out DCB before summer if you can't assure her a spot for the baby when he/she is born, and just start a place that can take both after the summer (thereby not having to pay for summer care)? Just curious if I had that right
Yup! I have it mandatory for a teacher to come 2 days a week to 'hold' their spot for the fall. If I don't have room for the infant, then I might be out of luck. My daughter is leaving for 1st grade next year, so I would have a spot and have someone interested already. I was avoiding having a young infant again (my last one kind of ruined me, got him at 8 weeks, he was a nightmare!). This person would start in August when kids go back to school... but I might need to bite the bullet - I can't get two bad ones in a row, right?. Also, I have no idea when the baby will be born. She may only be 8-16 weeks along... So she'd be due anytime from Late August, to Late November? Then Maternity leave... so I would lose anywhere from 2-6 months of full-time tuition (approx. $960 per month). If it's 4 or more months, that's kind of a lot of missed tuition. I am allowed to have 8 kids (different age ranges). I have three of my own kids & am willing to take on an additional 4/5. 2 of my kids will be school agers next year. I have only 1 full-time 18 month old, & 1 full-time three yr. old confirmed for next year. This child would be my third confirmed FULL-time 3 yr. old. So I would have availability for 1 more, but adding another little one to the mix will definitely change the dynamic. She may just be looking to pull her child anyway -- If she's a teacher that isn't really settled where she's at, she probably wouldn't start teaching in the middle of the year? =( Time to start advertising!

I don't know why, but it's really hard to enroll someone during the summer around here. Most of my clients are teachers, out of my cul-de-sac of 8 houses All but my house and 1 other house are teacher houses, LOL! Summers have been really rough for me, this is the first year I was kind of feeling like I might luck out. Grrrrr...
TheGoodLife 01:13 PM 04-18-2013
Originally Posted by KDC:
Yup! I have it mandatory for a teacher to come 2 days a week to 'hold' their spot for the fall. If I don't have room for the infant, then I might be out of luck. My daughter is leaving for 1st grade next year, so I would have a spot and have someone interested already. I was avoiding having a young infant again (my last one kind of ruined me, got him at 8 weeks, he was a nightmare!). This person would start in August when kids go back to school... but I might need to bite the bullet - I can't get two bad ones in a row, right?. Also, I have no idea when the baby will be born. She may only be 8-16 weeks along... So she'd be due anytime from Late August, to Late November? Then Maternity leave... so I would lose anywhere from 2-6 months of full-time tuition (approx. $960 per month). If it's 4 or more months, that's kind of a lot of missed tuition. I am allowed to have 8 kids (different age ranges). I have three of my own kids & am willing to take on an additional 4/5. 2 of my kids will be school agers next year. I have only 1 full-time 18 month old, & 1 full-time three yr. old confirmed for next year. This child would be my third confirmed FULL-time 3 yr. old. So I would have availability for 1 more, but adding another little one to the mix will definitely change the dynamic. She may just be looking to pull her child anyway -- If she's a teacher that isn't really settled where she's at, she probably wouldn't start teaching in the middle of the year? =( Time to start advertising!

I don't know why, but it's really hard to enroll someone during the summer around here. Most of my clients are teachers, out of my cul-de-sac of 8 houses All but my house and 1 other house are teacher houses, LOL! Summers have been really rough for me, this is the first year I was kind of feeling like I might luck out. Grrrrr...
Well good luck! I hope you don't lose the little boy but can avoid having to tell mom a definite yes or no this soon!
AmyKidsCo 04:11 PM 04-18-2013
Originally Posted by mema:
A lot can happen in the time between now and baby being born. I didn't expect to have to fill any spots until next fall, but have had 2 families leave in the last 2 months.
Me too, except my two families are leaving in the next two months and I knew 1 was leaving, but I thought it would be in the fall...
mema 04:53 PM 04-18-2013
Originally Posted by AmyKidsCo:
Me too, except my two families are leaving in the next two months and I knew 1 was leaving, but I thought it would be in the fall...
At least you know. Good luck with your filling of spots! 1 I had a feeling would happen at some point, but the other was a complete . Parents had hour changes at work effective immediately and I wasn't willing to have the kids from 715am-600pm everyday.
Reply Up